Mr_Danger Posted March 4, 2021 Posted March 4, 2021 6 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: No he isn’t. (Actually was his performance from before MCU therefore doesn’t count?) He’s in the new Spider-Man too sorry. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted March 4, 2021 Posted March 4, 2021 He isn’t some bloke from Marvel like Patrick Stewart isn’t or Ian McKellan isn’t. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 4, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted March 4, 2021 Or Pom Klementieff. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted March 4, 2021 Posted March 4, 2021 Lovejoy is untarnished if that makes you feel better? Anyone bothered with Your Honor?I’m two episodes in, does it get better? If it’s just one stupid decision after another until Bryan Cranston is indistinguishable from the bad guy (again) then I can’t be bothered. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted March 4, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted March 4, 2021 1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said: Lovejoy is untarnished if that makes you feel better? Anyone bothered with Your Honor?I’m two episodes in, does it get better? If it’s just one stupid decision after another until Bryan Cranston is indistinguishable from the bad guy (again) then I can’t be bothered. We've only watched the first one but enjoyed that in a stressed-out kind of way. I'm trying not to (actively or otherwise) compare it to Breaking Bad which helped with the episode we've seen. I'm going to keep watching, I want to know what happens. Between that and The Terror finally making it to a channel/streaming service people actually have, our 'currently watching' list has properly filled up this week. Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted March 4, 2021 Moderators Posted March 4, 2021 (edited) Burgess Meredith was in Batman, but he's not from Marvel (Edit: Or from DC, as what's what batman is according to Wiki)), he's Mickey and from the fantastic video they made telling GIs not to go around Britain raping and lynching black people in the 40s. That's how it is. Edited March 4, 2021 by PowerButchi Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 4, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted March 4, 2021 Started watching The Twilight Zone a couple of nights ago, the original series. Amazing how they had at least one big star for almost every episode of this. Great stuff, as expected. King of the Hill and Parks and Recreation proceeding much as expected, the former just gets better. Might watch the V miniseries over the weekend, haven't seen them since I was a kid. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted March 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2021 Parks & Rec picks up after the first series, which is by no means bad, but it feels a little subdued compared to what follows. Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted March 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2021 (edited) 3 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said: I've not watched Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories in years. The Player Haters' Ball is a classic as well. Just been channel hopping and Colin Murray is presenting Countdown at the moment. I didn't realise Nick Hewer had left. I knew Ann Robinson was taking over at some point though. I finished Still Game. Really good show. Need to find another sitcom to crack on with now I think. Is Seinfeld still on Prime so I can finish that off? I watched all of Still Game when I had to isolate for two weeks in January. Really enjoyed it (it did drop off a bit from series 5 onwards) and have introduced it to my da and my best friend and his da too. Winston was my favourite & is an amazing character with the best lines/stories I think, Tam a close second. Finale was quite sad too, but well done all the same. Edited March 4, 2021 by DCW Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted March 4, 2021 Moderators Posted March 4, 2021 (edited) 20 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: King of the Hill and Parks and Recreation proceeding much as expected, the former just gets better. For something to go 13 or 14 seasons it did, with no real decline is stupendous. And I know you're a long way away, but I still mark the finale down as the greatest last episode of a TV programme ever. It's absolutely perfect. Edited March 4, 2021 by PowerButchi Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted March 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2021 58 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: He isn’t some bloke from Marvel like Patrick Stewart isn’t or Ian McKellan isn’t. They've not been in the MCU. 30 minutes ago, PowerButchi said: Burgess Meredith was in Batman, but he's not from Marvel (Edit: Or from DC, as what's what batman is according to Wiki)), he's Mickey and from the fantastic video they made telling GIs not to go around Britain raping and lynching black people in the 40s. That's how it is. That GI video really is fantastic. The bit where he explains pubs is so much fun. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted March 4, 2021 Posted March 4, 2021 4 minutes ago, Chris B said: They've not been in the MCU. Has Big Vern? I thought the Maguire ones (The best ones) were a different company. Even if he has been in another one, he isn’t a Marvel guy. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2021 2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: Has Big Vern? I thought the Maguire ones (The best ones) were a different company. Even if he has been in another one, he isn’t a Marvel guy. He pops up as Triple J again in Spider-Man far From Home and the upcoming sequel. A man so good he's in two different Spiderverses Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted March 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2021 3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: Has Big Vern? I thought the Maguire ones (The best ones) were a different company. Even if he has been in another one, he isn’t a Marvel guy. Spoiler At the end of the last Spider-Man movie, J Jonah Jameson turns up, and he's still being played by JK Simmons. It appears it's multiverse stuff. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.