4 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Ozark is good enough. It never reaches the highs of great tv like The Soprano’s or even Breaking Bad (the show it’s lazily compared to) but it’s a solid 3-4/5 show. It’s Jason Bateman’s show but Laura Linney ain’t no slouch.

One show I’d probably avoid in the suburbanite goes in to crime sub genre is Your Honor. It’s by no means terrible and has some good moments when Cranston and Stuhlbarg are interacting but it’s mostly a miss for me. Stupid characters who are meant to be so so clever doing the dumbest things and a wasted supporting cast. Stuhlbarg does some great DeNiro gurning in it though.

Cranston's son in it is one of the most annoying/thick characters I can think of in any show. No redeemable qualities to speak of for someone the audience is supposed to feel sorry for. I wanted to punch the screen every time his idiotic weasily little face appeared. Cranston was grand as was the De Niro tribute act. Just a meh show though, absolutely nothing beneath the surface.

Edited by DCW

On 3/19/2021 at 6:38 PM, DavidB6937 said:

I'm so fucking excited for Line of Duty this Sunday I might do a little wee.

I hope it's good.

I'd avoided this for years because my parents watch it and while they do enjoy stuff like Breaking Bad (for example) they also record and rewatch stuff like Sharpe and Midsummer Murders any time it's on so I never trust their judgement. A week ago I saw the love for LofD in here and gave it a go... I'm four episodes into series three now, it's a bit good isn't it? The first one was good, second was better but three? Bugger me sideways.... 

10 minutes ago, Harry Wiseau said:

I'd avoided this for years because my parents watch it and while they do enjoy stuff like Breaking Bad (for example) they also record and rewatch stuff like Sharpe and Midsummer Murders any time it's on so I never trust their judgement. A week ago I saw the love for LofD in here and gave it a go... I'm four episodes into series three now, it's a bit good isn't it? The first one was good, second was better but three? Bugger me sideways.... 

The last episode of series three is one of the best episodes of TV there's been in my book.

2 episodes into The Flight Attendant, her conversations with the dead guy acting as her conscious kinda spoils it for me. I don't think even Kaley Cuoco could keep me watching another 6 episodes of this. There seems to be a divided opinion about the show in the reviews.  Anyway a 2nd season has already been ordered. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Harry Wiseau said:

It was the first time, but to record it and rewatch every time it's on itv9.... Every time???

Watching Sharpe every time it's on. That's soldiering you bastard. 

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands
Bastard

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Harry Wiseau said:

Yeah, I put off watching it until last year or the year before because I ignorantly dismissed it as an overrated British drama that my Mum would probably watch. But it's bloody good. 

Tonight's was a good start to the new series (I won't go into detail as unsure of spoiler rules). Going to be very hard watching it weekly though as oppose to binging it. 

• Moderators

Well, my wife loves The Office as well so I can't watch it on my own and have to wait for her catch up. So I started watching Superstore.. So that's an incredibly big step down in quality. But it's not entirely terrible. It'll do for background viewing I guess. I would definitely be embarrassed for someone to find me watching it.

edit: @Mr_Danger . How's that NASCAR going?

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Well, my wife loves The Office as well so I can't watch it on my own and have to wait for her catch up. So I started watching Superstore.. So that's an incredibly big step down in quality. But it's not entirely terrible. It'll do for background viewing I guess. I would definitely be embarrassed for someone to find me watching it.

It gets significantly better as it goes along. Not elite-level comedy or anything but it gets far less formulaic and bland after a while. 

9 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

edit: @Mr_Danger . How's that NASCAR going?

It’s on my to do list, it’s just that it’s at the bottom of it.