15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Personally 

Reveal hidden contents

I thought it was a terrible way to find out you’re shit at spelling. Someone could have just told him.

I didn’t hate it as much as most, probably because I expected to be disappointed. It was fine, I preferred it to the last series  overall. But I think they need to announce a final series. I’ll also give them there due that this was made during Covid times, I imagine plans were changed. But yeah, wasn’t a home run.

It was the lack of tension that surprised me more than the apparent revelation. Mercurio writes shit dialogue and the stories are all a bit wishy washy anyway but he undoubtedly knows how to dial the tension up. 

I reckon it’ll come back for a seventh series for them to take the top copper down. I just hope Hastings has a conspiracy podcast and a big fuck off beard.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I reckon it’ll come back for a seventh series for them to take the top copper down.

This. It ain't ending here, with Buckles not yet questioned?! Not a chance. The next season will surely be the last though, pointing the finger at Osborne and it concluding there.

Perhaps the death of James Nesbitt is revealed as a big cover-up and he's alive after all. That's a huge name in British TV to use for a couple of images just as a curveball.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Astro Hollywood said:

I don't know if I hate or admire the brass neck of that bit where they matched the mispellings and everyone went

"Look at this, it's him!"

"Wow, I can't believe it. Shocked, mate."

"Blimey, not him. Right under our noses!"

And then didn't show who it was for, like, 15 minutes.

It did feel a bit like a Comic Relief sketch where I was expecting them to be interviewing Mr Bean with the non reveal.

10 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

Maybe i’m jaded by wrestling but it seems like they didnt have a person in mind for H all those years ago but just had a great storyline. They’ve kinda shoehorned him in now to try and make sense of it.

They didn’t. That’s why they got the guy who played Dot back in last series to re-film the bit where he does morse code with his fingers. He never did that in the original death scene. 

This didn’t really feel like a series finale at all. Just like a bridging episode to the final series by setting up a couple of storylines ready for it.  

There probably is a million year old Simpsons thread but I cant find it, so I'll pop this in here.

Fascinating interview with former writer John Swartzwelder, which covers everything from Simpsoms, to SNL, to a Christopher Lloyd starring sitcom called The Dictator, which I'm now going to have to find.

A great read about American TV writing.

And to keep it on topic, I've really enjoyed Ramy, which is on All4, about how young American Muslims deal with modern aspects of their religion/culture. Really funny and well written and I want to marry May Calamawy.

I'm not half as upset about that Line of Duty finale as most. It's obviously the final heat section leading to Ted, Stevie and Kate's big baby-face comeback.

I've just watched the whole thing back to back in about a fortnight and as entertaining as it is, it's little more than a collection of clichés and storytelling tricks arranged into a shiny slide puzzle. This season is clearly an 'It's Always Darkest Before The Dawn', moment.

I've been having a rewatch of Jonathan Creek.  It's been a while since I've seen it so I'd forgotten a lot of what happens. But I definitely don't remember Kane being a guest star...

IMG_20210503_230414_2

59 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

There's a surprising amount of Jonathan Creek fans on this forum, for some reason.

I could tell you the reason for that but I’d rather wait until everyone else is on the verge of figuring it out before telling them they’re all wrong and then smugly explaining it before calling Caroline Quentin fat then jizzing in my kecks when she flirts with me.

Starstruck - the new comedy/drama written by and staring Rose Matafeo - is absolutely wonderful! Such lovely, warm viewing. Really funny, well shot, and brilliantly  acted. The six 22 minute episodes just flew by. I watched the whole thing in one go without even realising it. I highly recommend it to everyone. It's all on the iPlayer.

Watched all of Them over the last couple of days. I can't recommend it enough. Segregation in 1960s California meets supernatural horror. Proper skin-crawlingly upsetting at times, brilliantly mental at others. There's bits that have really stuck with me, in particular some genuinely scary performances.