Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, gmoney said:

Thank you. I was trying to work out how Mayim Bialik was in a US remake of her own US show. 

I had blossom on the brain incase no one knew who she was missing the key Miranada part.

Posted
17 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Talking about bake off is completely irrelevant though. If they failed to capture the charm of bake off then that's on them and why they failed, rather than it being s problem with the concept. Reality shows and game shows are absolutely fair game for multiple national versions and do very well for it. It's very different for scripted shows.

I was being a bit flippant with that comment, using it as a remake that drove out all that made it what it was to package it for the American market who hated it and preferred the British version. But yeah I get your point with it.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Curiosity got the better of me. I have only seen about 10 minutes of Miranada, but quite frankly I am not sure which is worse, but this is at least equally as awful looking 

 

Posted

Wouldn’t call myself a fan of Miranda but some of the physical comedy was top notch. That scene where the taxi door rips off her dress was perfectly timed. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Miranda honestly isn't the worst thing out there. It's not my cup of tea, the better half watches it now and then, but there are some funny moments. She has her 'breaking the fourth wall' shtick down well.

It's a million miles away from the shite like Mrs Brown's Boys.

  • Members
Posted

 

Yeah I quite enjoy Miranda.

She is local and I once saw her struggling with a MASSIVE dog outside the pet shop, and I had to look around for cameras as it was so like a scene from the show. It was very slapstick.

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Curiosity got the better of me. I have only seen about 10 minutes of Miranada, but quite frankly I am not sure which is worse, but this is at least equally as awful looking 

 

"Executive producer - Jim Parsons" was enough for me.

Posted

Speaking of BBC sitcoms that are shite, Not Going Out comes to mind. I just don't get the love for that show, it's puzzling how it's managed to reach 11 series. 

I enjoy Lee Mack's banter on WILTY, but his acting is fucking dire.

  • Paid Members
Posted
54 minutes ago, Perry said:

Speaking of BBC sitcoms that are shite, Not Going Out comes to mind. I just don't get the love for that show, it's puzzling how it's managed to reach 11 series. 

I enjoy Lee Mack's banter on WILTY, but his acting is fucking dire.

It got cancelled once already and bought back and sitcoms are dirt cheap to produce.

Middle of the road, inoffensive sitcoms are bread and butter to BBC1 and if you do it right, you'll get a decade out of it. I mean Birds Of A Feather got over 100 episodes and My Family lasted 11 years!

 

 

Posted

Apparently after Not Going Out got cancelled, Lee Mack and Catherine Tate made a pilot for a UK remake of Everybody Loves Raymond for the BBC. They then realised that Not Going Out is basically the same thing as Everybody Loves Raymond so scrapped the series and bought back Not Going Out instead. 

Posted

I think Miranda is shit but she’s definitely a very good comedic actress and I can see why her show has appeal unlike dirge like Mrs Browns Boys which I begrudgingly accept must be funny but will never understand why it has such a massive appeal.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Miranda Hart was really good in Spy, but so was pretty much everyone else. Especially Jason Statham.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Not Going Out is three different shows. There's the original, which was really good despite lee being unable to act (and topically, Miranda Hart is really good), the post Tim Vine version  which isn't great and then the reboot with the kids that's even worse. Still very fond of the original 3 or 4 series.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...