I’ve been watching Gangs of London which is a by the numbers modern day gangster drama with roughly ten minutes an episode of absolutely brilliant action scenes. It’s proper mad, Joe Cole will be shitting up the place with his complete lack of talent then before you know it a guy is killing a hundred people with a dart of a load of Welsh gypsies are getting blown to smithereens by the top boys of that London. It’s well worth sitting through the 40 minutes of mundane average British tv to get to whatever mad set piece is coming up. It’s quite unique.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ve been watching Gangs of London which is a by the numbers modern day gangster drama with roughly ten minutes an episode of absolutely brilliant action scenes. It’s proper mad, Joe Cole will be shitting up the place with his complete lack of talent then before you know it a guy is killing a hundred people with a dart of a load of Welsh gypsies are getting blown to smithereens by the top boys of that London. It’s well worth sitting through the 40 minutes of mundane average British tv to get to whatever mad set piece is coming up. It’s quite unique.

It's fucking nuts isn't it? The fight scenes are wonderfully over the top and that episode in the Welsh countryside is incredible. Well worth a watch. 

8 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

All of them bar Matt LeBlanc looked like the Friends exhibit in Madame Tussaud’s had only just survived a fire. I still can’t get over David Schwimers’ cheeks.

Honestly, I thought Jennifer Anistom's face was the most distracting. She was so pretty, now her face just looks strange, like someone melted candlewax all over her. I've never really seen any of her films and only really seen her on photos on the internet in recent years, I didnt realise she had had so much work done.

9 hours ago, PunkStep said:

It's fucking nuts isn't it? The fight scenes are wonderfully over the top and that episode in the Welsh countryside is incredible. Well worth a watch. 

Is this the show with the guy who directed The Raid movies? Would explain the good fights, and Wales.

• Paid Members

I watched the Friends Reunion Special just there while ating my breakfast, and my 8 year old daughter remarked “Rachel looks like the scaredy Lion from the Wizard of Oz, doesn't she, da?“ and she legitimately got an awful fright when she saw Chandlers' mouth. 

Must be crackers for a kid that age, when you think of it. She'll watch Friends quite regularly, so seeing the majority of the cast look as they do now - when they looked like 1999 on say, Thursday just gone - must be like a 2001: Space Odyssey jump cut, to her wee mind.  

• Paid Members

I've done Ozark and Parks and Recreation, the latter of which went horribly to shit in the last couple of series, and the former of which really dropped in quality in series 3. Doubt I'll bother with series 4 when it.... drops.

Halfway through series 5 of King of the Hill. Dale just killed an office full of cockroaches with his bare hands and it just find ways of getting better. The third series of The Twilight Zone is just more of the same of being utterly brilliant with duff episodes a rarity.

So I suppose I'll watch Line of Duty next, mainly due to bullying, and also Party Down, which appears to have the sort of cast that can't fail to make something great.

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I've done Ozark and Parks and Recreation, the latter of which went horribly to shit in the last couple of series, and the former of which really dropped in quality in series 3. Doubt I'll bother with series 4 when it.... drops.

Halfway through series 5 of King of the Hill. Dale just killed an office full of cockroaches with his bare hands and it just find ways of getting better. The third series of The Twilight Zone is just more of the same of being utterly brilliant with duff episodes a rarity.

So I suppose I'll watch Line of Duty next, mainly due to bullying, and also Party Down, which appears to have the sort of cast that can't fail to make something great.

I thought the third series of Ozark was pretty consistent with the first two. It desperately misses a character though. I particularly thought the bloke playing Laura Linney’s brother was excellent. Knowing that the next series is the last is enough to keep me watching.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I thought the third series of Ozark was pretty consistent with the first two. It desperately misses a character though. I particularly thought the bloke playing Laura Linney’s brother was excellent. Knowing that the next series is the last is enough to keep me watching.

I don't know, I felt like it was going round in circles at times and the character work wasn't nearly as strong. I also felt Janet McTeer was much stronger when she was in the shadows rather than becoming a front-and-centre character.

On 5/28/2021 at 11:54 AM, Keith Houchen said:

Started White House Farm last night. It’s about Jeremy Bamber and features Stephen Graham with a moustache, and still sounding scouse as fuck while doing a Welsh accent. 

Thought it was ok. The slow pace worked and Mark Addy was very good, he did most of the heavy lifting. Might start The Handmaids Tale tonight, if my old iPad allows it.