Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I also feel vindicated in backing my boy Evan Peters throughout the America Horror Story

That show is often a piece of shit, but he is always incredible in it.

Posted

I'm making my way through the latest season of The Expanse and it's been brilliant so far, imo a step up from the last and a very different beast now that it's split up into multiple concurrent storylines with less Holden.

Amos especially has been the standout for me this year.

  • Paid Members
Posted

After finishing Line of Duty, Unforgotten (all 4 seasons), and Mare, I'm looking for some crackers of a similar whodunit genre. Any recommendations?

  • Paid Members
Posted

Mare of Easttown was brilliant. So many twists and turns, keeping me engrossed throughout. The grandmother is the best character, other than Kate Winslet obv. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Murtz said:

After finishing Line of Duty, Unforgotten (all 4 seasons), and Mare, I'm looking for some crackers of a similar whodunit genre. Any recommendations?

The normal recommendations are Bodyguard, Broadchurch, Happy Valley, The Tunnel, The Missing, The Fall, Luther, The Killing.

Posted

Time

Fantastic gritty drama from Jimmy McGovern, probably his best work since Cracker in my opinion.  I had been waiting for this one ever since I heard it was being filmed. It didn't disappoint.

Also an outstanding performance from Sean Bean. 

Posted
6 hours ago, Perry said:

Time

Fantastic gritty drama from Jimmy McGovern, probably his best work since Cracker in my opinion.  I had been waiting for this one ever since I heard it was being filmed. It didn't disappoint.

Also an outstanding performance from Sean Bean. 

I would like to 2nd this, gripping and a tough watch in a few places. Boiling sugar in a kettle... Owch

Bean was great. 

Posted

It was typical Jimmy McGovern I thought. Good acting, solid story telling, predictable and ultimately misery porn. If you like his other stuff you’ll definitely like this. It did feature one of the all time greatest twists in story telling 

Spoiler

Sean Bean doesn’t die in something!


I just finished watching the first episode of the latest series of The Handmaids Tale. I won’t go in to spoiler territory but I will say it features one of the most satisfying scenes so far. It is difficult watching Elizabeth Moss rail against an oppressive patriarchal regime though ever since it was mentioned she’s a Scientologist. She’s talented enough to get the Tom Cruise treatment but it’s pretty close to the bone.

Posted

I’m not a fan of McGovern, but I do like Sean Bean and Stephen Graham (Did you know he’s a scouser? He never mentions it) so I’ll give it a watch at some point. 

Posted

So Master of None had a brilliant third series. I loved Dev and was a bit gutted that we weren’t getting a continuation of his story but Lena Waithe is so so good that within the first episode you’re completely sold on the switch up. I’m not sure it reaches the highs of seeing Eric Wareheim in a tiny Fiat in Italy but it’s probably a better told story.

Posted
On 6/5/2021 at 2:52 PM, Keith Houchen said:

Possibly one for the "Reminded of the UKFF" if it's actually true, but I started watching The Stranger.  And when I saw it was a Harlan Coben joint, I heard Le Branquefurter call him a bollix in my head.

It was poxy gik. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Idea for a new TV show.  Masked Piñata.  A celebrity disguises themselves as a piñata, a panel then has to guess who they are by their screams as they are bludgeoned with sticks.  If they guess before the celebrity vomits sweets, they win!  1st up, Greg Wallace.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...