WyattSheepMask Posted July 23, 2021 Posted July 23, 2021 A whole hour of talking about dog movies without anyone mentioning Russell Madness? This place has changed man Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 23, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted July 23, 2021 30 minutes ago, organizedkaos said: It's genuinely a good film. Sam Neil and Peter O'Toole. Low key british fare, very moving look at grief and loss (but not maudalin). The premise is bonkers for what the film actually is going for I love Dean Spanley, it's a cracking film. I remember waxing lyrical about it on Twitter once and Sam Neill ended up following me. Quote
Perry Posted July 23, 2021 Posted July 23, 2021 2 hours ago, gmoney said: Have you ever seen Turner In Hooch? Yes, but Josh Peck is no Tom Hanks. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 23, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 23, 2021 2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said: I love Dean Spanley, it's a cracking film. I remember waxing lyrical about it on Twitter once and Sam Neill ended up following me. Did you end up adopting him? Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 23, 2021 Awards Moderator Posted July 23, 2021 20 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said: Did you end up adopting him? Yes, but the incessant questions about Jurassic Park and Hunt For The Wilderpeople and that Ivanhoe film he did in the 80s got too much for him and he went back to New Zealand. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted July 23, 2021 Paid Members Posted July 23, 2021 At least he got out before you started on Omen 3. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted August 1, 2021 Posted August 1, 2021 (edited) Young Rock Perfectly inoffensive 20-odd minutes of TV. Not something I go out of my way to watch, but has become my go-to show to stick on in the background while eating my dinner if I have nothing else. I can't see anyone who isn't a fan of late-80's/early-90's WWF to enjoy it, but if you are, you can't help but crack a smile when people like Macho Man, Andre or The Iron Sheik turn up. The guy who plays Savage is especially good and has the character nailed down. The funniest bits are probably Randall Parks interviews with The Rock that bookend the episodes. Edited August 1, 2021 by wordsfromlee Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 1, 2021 Posted August 1, 2021 1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said: Young Rock Perfectly inoffensive 20-odd minutes of TV. Not something I go out of my way to watch, but has become my go-to show to stick on in the background while eating my dinner if I have nothing else. I can't see anyone who isn't a fan of late-80's/early-90's WWF to enjoy it, but if you are, you can't help but crack a smile when people like Macho Man, Andre or The Iron Sheik turn up. The guy who plays Savage is especially good and has the character nailed down. The funniest bits are probably Randall Parks interviews with The Rock that bookend the episodes. Is it on over here yet? Or did you watch it online somewhere? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted August 1, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2021 8 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Is it on over here yet? Or did you watch it online somewhere? I watched on-line. Actually I also finished it this weekend and agree it’s a fun, if unremarkable watch. But it’s coming to Sky via Peacock later this year. Quote
Perry Posted August 1, 2021 Posted August 1, 2021 (edited) Young Rock will actually air on a new channel replacing Sky One called Sky Showcase from September. Will also air on Sky Comedy Edited August 1, 2021 by Perry Quote
Paid Members Cod Eye Posted August 1, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2021 52 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Sky via Peacock Are we getting Peackock over here then, or are we just getting the original content via a Sky Atlantic-esque channel? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted August 1, 2021 Paid Members Posted August 1, 2021 22 minutes ago, Cod Eye said: Are we getting Peackock over here then, or are we just getting the original content via a Sky Atlantic-esque channel? More here https://apple.news/A29uGl6D1TzyR5LM62wh13w Quote
Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz Posted August 1, 2021 Posted August 1, 2021 (edited) Walking Dead I have got back into it. I use to watch it all the time and would download the episode as soon as it aired in the US but, I lost interest and I watched up to series 9 and then give up when one episode jumped six years in the timeline. However, thanks to Disney + I decided to pick it up from where I left off and I have enjoyed it, perhaps a break was what I needed. just finished Season 9 and will start Season 10 in the week. Edited August 1, 2021 by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz Quote
DavidB6937 Posted August 1, 2021 Posted August 1, 2021 2 minutes ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said: Walking Dead In have got back into it. I use to watch it all the time and would download the episode as soon as it aired in the US but, I lost interest and I watched up to series 9 and then give up when one episode jumped six years in the timeline. However, thanks to Disney + I decided to pick it up from where I left off and I have enjoyed it, perhaps a break was what I needed. just finished Season 9 and will start Season 10 in the week. I'm very much the same. Gave up after a while but jumped back in with the Alpha stuff which got really good with the spikes etc. Then I got bored and gave up again. Not sure if I'll try and finish it off. I almost wish they hadn't announced a Daryl/Carol spin off yet though. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.