• Awards Moderator
30 minutes ago, organizedkaos said:

It's genuinely a good film. Sam Neil and Peter O'Toole. Low key british fare, very moving look at grief and loss (but not maudalin). The premise is bonkers for what the film actually is going for

I love Dean Spanley, it's a cracking film. I remember waxing lyrical about it on Twitter once and Sam Neill ended up following me.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I love Dean Spanley, it's a cracking film. I remember waxing lyrical about it on Twitter once and Sam Neill ended up following me.

Did you end up adopting him?Ā 

• 2 weeks later...

Young Rock

Perfectly inoffensive 20-odd minutes of TV. Not something I go out of my way to watch, but has become my go-to show to stick on in the background while eating my dinner if I have nothing else.

I can't see anyone who isn't a fan of late-80's/early-90's WWF to enjoy it, but if you are, you can't help but crack a smile when people like Macho Man, Andre or The Iron Sheik turn up. The guy who plays Savage is especially good and has the character nailed down.

The funniest bits are probably Randall Parks interviews with The Rock that bookend the episodes.

Edited by wordsfromlee

1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Young Rock

Perfectly inoffensive 20-odd minutes of TV. Not something I go out of my way to watch, but has become my go-to show to stick on in the background while eating my dinner if I have nothing else.

I can't see anyone who isn't a fan of late-80's/early-90's WWF to enjoy it, but if you are, you can't help but crack a smile when people like Macho Man, Andre or The Iron Sheik turn up. The guy who plays Savage is especially good and has the character nailed down.

The funniest bits are probably Randall Parks interviews with The Rock that bookend the episodes.

Is it on over here yet? Or did you watch it online somewhere?

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Is it on over here yet? Or did you watch it online somewhere?

I watched on-line. Actually I also finished it this weekend and agree itā€™s a fun, if unremarkable watch. But itā€™s coming to Sky via Peacock later this year.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Sky via Peacock

Ā 

Are we getting Peackock over here then, or are we just getting the original content via a Sky Atlantic-esque channel?

Walking Dead

I have got back into it. I use to watch it all the time and would download the episode as soon as it aired in the US but, I lost interest and I watched up to series 9 and then give up when one episode jumped six years in the timeline.

However, thanks to Disney + I decided to pick it up from where I left off and I have enjoyed it, perhaps a break was what I needed. just finished Season 9 and will start Season 10 in the week.

Edited by Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz

2 minutes ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Walking Dead

In have got back into it. I use to watch it all the time and would download the episode as soon as it aired in the US but, I lost interest and I watched up to series 9 and then give up when one episode jumped six years in the timeline.

However, thanks to Disney + I decided to pick it up from where I left off and I have enjoyed it, perhaps a break was what I needed. just finished Season 9 and will start Season 10 in the week.

I'm very much the same. Gave up after a while but jumped back in with the Alpha stuff which got really good with the spikes etc. Then I got bored and gave up again. Not sure if I'll try and finish it off. I almost wish they hadn't announced a Daryl/Carol spin off yet though.