In November 2019 I was told that the company I work for has been brought out by another company and effectively we would all be losing our jobs and the time frame given was by the end of December 2020.
COVID happened and we were all working from home and the migration from the company I work for to the new company was delayed and I was informed in October 2020 that my role would be extended until April 2021.
In late January 2021, I was offered the chance to work for the new company until 31 December 2021 and was offered a pretty substantial monetary bonus as well as an additional year on my redundancy pay to stay on, I agreed to do so as it was pretty much a no brainer.
Today, I was informed that they would like to extend my role again till end of March 2022 this time with no additional bonuses being offered and my redundancy will be paid in April 2022.
I should be grateful, I know I should but, I have mentally be preparing myself to leave in December and now this. It really is not a straightforward decision. I have till Thursday to make a decision, time to do some thinking.