39 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

It's pretty watchable but I'd completely agree on the overrated by Americans bit, and especially by US football fans.

It seems just because it's set here, it almost immediately pops it up a few marks above what it would be.

Having said that, I'd love an AFC Richmond shirt, and I do love seeing all the locations and places I used to frequent.

https://wbshop.com/collections/ted-lasso/products/ted-lasso-a-f-c-richmond-personalized-jersey

I kind of wish it had the sponsor on it. It looks a bit empty and knock-off without it. I'm surprised it doesn't as the company fictional so it's not like its a rights reason.

45 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

The second series of Back to Life is up on the iPlayer and it’s just as wonderful as the first. Daisy Haggard is a gem, the supporting cast are a treat but her parents are the stars. The old man in particular.

An easy, funny watch.

Oh nice one! The first series was fantastic and Daisy Haggard is amazing in everything, so will binge this today.

• Awards Moderator
3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Oh nice one! The first series was fantastic and Daisy Haggard is amazing in everything, so will binge this today.

Isn’t she just? Myra in Episodes shouldn’t be a great character because of her lack of lengthy dialogue, but her facials and noises make her brilliant.

I ended up doing S1 of Back to Life yesterday after lapping up the latest. It’s very re-watchable.

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Also started watching The White Lotus. I can already tell Murray Bartlett is going to be one of my favourite new (to me) tv actors. He’s excellent in this. Plus Steve Zahn balls.

We’re four episodes into The White Lotus and it’s excellent. Murray Bartlett’s definitely my favourite but Jennifer Coolidge is absolutely mesmerising too. The end of episode 4! I won’t say anything at all but … !!

• Paid Members

I think I saw maybe@Astro Hollywood raving about it on Twitter or something so I recently started Mr Inbetween and have absolutely binged it because it's just so utterly brilliant. Currently mid way through the third and final season, really surprised that this show has no buzz about it because it's incredible. Australian crime drama/comedy about a hitman. Very dry and deadpan with some touching moments, tension and the occasional brilliant action scene. The main actor is absolutely magnetic to watch. Watch it!

16 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I think I saw maybe@Astro Hollywood raving about it on Twitter or something so I recently started Mr Inbetween and have absolutely binged it because it's just so utterly brilliant. Currently mid way through the third and final season, really surprised that this show has no buzz about it because it's incredible. Australian crime drama/comedy about a hitman. Very dry and deadpan with some touching moments, tension and the occasional brilliant action scene. The main actor is absolutely magnetic to watch. Watch it!

That sounds like something I definitely need to watch - may I ask where?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Perry said:

For those wondering, Young Rock begins on 17th Sep on Sky Comedy.  As all episodes from Season 1 have already aired in the US, they'll probably add the complete season on demand.

It’s fine. Like it’s not hilarious, and you definitely get more out of it the more you know about the 80’s wrestlers but it’s an easy watch. It’s better then Rumble at least.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Ladhood

Series two is just as good as the first. Plus the BBC have announced a third series too. It's kind of like a better version of The Inbetweeners, but one that isn't endlessly quoted by cunts with no personality of their own. It's all on iPlayer and well worth a watch, especially if you're in your mid-30's as all the teenage bits are set in the early 00's.

1 hour ago, Perry said:

Greg Davies new show The Cleaner started last night, has anyone watched it yet?  It has a mixed reaction on twitter. 

I watched it, I thought it was alright. Not something I would put on series link but I would happily sit and watch it if it was on.

Help

Jack Thorne really knows how to write grim, depressing yet utterly captivating TV. After writing a bunch of This Is England 88/90 and The Virtues episodes, it definitely seems like him and Stephen Graham are made for each other.

Jodie Comer is so good in this and deserves a BAFTA purely for that absolutely mega 20-minute long, one shot sequence of her doing the night shift.