Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted
32 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Cracking show.  All the characters are arseholes, but you root for them regardlessly.

 

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

EXCUSE ME BUT STEVIE IS NOT AN ARSEHOLE, AND NEITHER IS MY BELOVED ALEXIS!!!!

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

 

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

EXCUSE ME BUT STEVIE IS NOT AN ARSEHOLE, AND NEITHER IS MY BELOVED ALEXIS!!!!

 

Speaking of which, Anne Murphy’s latest show Kevin can F**k himself is coming to Amazon Prime at the end of the month. Can’t wait to see her in something new.

Posted
8 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

A mate and I always wanted to do a 24 parody where he has a really good day, like gets to have a lie in and goes down the pub with his mates etc. 

A mate and I had a similar idea, although we only wanted to do it for one episode where Jack went and sat on the bog with the paper

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Brand New Cherry Flavour on the Netflix. A bit like American Horror Story but not shit with Catherine Keener and the drama teacher from Victorious on fine supporting form. Alita Battle Angel in the lead is very good, probably too good for this but it’s a decent show. Episode four would make David Cronenberg gag. Check Robbs Celeb Oops for extra details.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Been watching Motherland, something I would have never put on myself but my wife had it on and I've got into it (also Love Island, but I'm not going to admit to that). 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

Been watching Motherland, something I would have never put on myself but my wife had it on and I've got into it (also Love Island, but I'm not going to admit to that). 

Motherland is surprisingly great. My wife was very confused that I hadn't watched it but it's really not something I'd usually go for. Probably wouldn't find it quite so funny if I wasn't a parent but it really works.

And yeah that last part too.

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Motherland is surprisingly great. My wife was very confused that I hadn't watched it but it's really not something I'd usually go for. Probably wouldn't find it quite so funny if I wasn't a parent but it really works.

And yeah that last part too.

Is what it is.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

It's a real shame it's taken Sean Lock's death for the BBC to acknowledge it. I found out the other day they had a third series written and the head of the channel at the time shelved it. 

Tangentially related, but Frank Skinner filmed a second series of Shane for ITV and they decided against airing it. Though if you've ever seen the first series that's a cause for celebration rather than commiseration. I suspect that'll be pointedly left in the archives even after Skinner carks it. 

Edited by gmoney
  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, gmoney said:

It's a real shame it's taken Sean Lock's death for the BBC to acknowledge it. I found out the other day they had a third series written and the head of the channel at the time shelved it. 

Tangentially related, but Frank Skinner filmed a second series of Shane for ITV and they decided against airing it. Though if you've ever seen the first series that's a cause for celebration rather than commiseration. I suspect that'll be pointedly left in the archives even after Skinner carks it. 

It was advertised for ages. If I remember that announced a second before the first had aired and started filming. However, it was cheaper for them to shelve it then show it because then you have to pay royalties and what not.

Posted

Have they? I watched two episodes and noted a lack of laughter track being quite refreshing. Surely my brain isn’t so broken than there was one that I didn’t even notice.

I did like what I watched though,  a bit like a less shitter Ideal. Was it part of the raft of BBC3 sitcoms that were coming thick and fast at the turn of the century? Surprised I never caught it first time around. Benedict Wong too!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...