Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

in fairness, I'm not a big fan of Nish Kumar either - he has the Andy Parsons thing of over-telegraphing the delivery of his jokes so you know exactly when the punchline is coming, and sometimes seems a bit too pleased with some of his own jokes. I saw a Zoom gig he did around the time Mash Report was cancelled, which barely had any jokes in it, but was more entertaining that anything I've seen him do on TV - he's a rare breed of comedian in that he seems a nicer guy than he is a funny comic. 

Posted

Yeah Nish is in the category of comedians I like to listen to on podcasts but have no desire to see them telling jokes. Super likeable just not very funny to me.

Anyway, Mike Flanagan’s latest mini series Midnight Mass is on Netflix tomorrow. Looks an interesting change of direction from the Hill House series’ plus Bly Manors moustachioed chef and all round good egg Rahul Kohli looks to have a decent part.

Posted

Yeah he’s a decent sort, would be a wonderful man if he supported a different team but hey ho. Looking forward to Midnight Mass, enjoyed the last two Netflix outings. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

I saw a Zoom gig he did around the time Mash Report was cancelled, which barely had any jokes in it, but was more entertaining that anything I've seen him do on TV - he's a rare breed of comedian in that he seems a nicer guy than he is a funny comic. 

His stand-up can be fantastic at times, but agree that he's at his best when not directly telling jokes. When I used to run a small gig in London, Nish performed a few times, and he gently stole the show every time. And he was at his best when he was just chatting with the audience and letting things go wherever they went.

  • Moderators
Posted
4 minutes ago, Perry said:

I hear he'd probably like it more if Corden joined the cast. 

Especially if the big titted bastard stood side on. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

No regular watchers of Cbeebies in my house any more but this is just wonderful. I might well have blinked away a tear of joy by the end. 

 

 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Taskmaster returns tonight on Channel 4. Just a heads up

I’ve never watched it but for some reason, dunno why, I might watch it now. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Taskmaster returns tonight on Channel 4. Just a heads up

Much like the David Harbour being married to Lilly Allen fact, Morgana Robinson being Brody Dalle from The Distillers sister still frazzles my brain.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...