• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Much like the David Harbour being married to Lilly Allen fact, Morgana Robinson being Brody Dalle from The Distillers sister still frazzles my brain.

Half sister. I don’t think they knew the were related until she was in her teens

• Paid Members

It is jarring in some episodes I watched on Dave because occasionally whole segments between tasks are a string of constant ding sound effects.

Still better than some of the afternoon showings of criminal minds where the cut out who they are chasing & why and the bit where the catch them so it's 45 minutes of people looking pensive at a large notice board for no reason.

Russell T Davies is returning as Doctor Who showrunner in 2023 - oddly not just for the 60th anniversary special as most might've anticipated, but for the series afterwards.

I'm unashamedly excited by this. I know it's a children's TV show, but his first four series of the show were so enjoyable for me and they defined it for a lot of others. A shame that Jodie Whittaker will leave before then, mind you - I think she's been dealt a poor hand by the last couple of series and would've liked to see her get a second chance under a different lead writer.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Russell T Davies is returning as Doctor Who showrunner in 2023 - oddly not just for the 60th anniversary special as most might've anticipated, but for the series afterwards.

I'm unashamedly excited by this. I know it's a children's TV show, but his first four series of the show were so enjoyable for me and they defined it for a lot of others. A shame that Jodie Whittaker will leave before then, mind you - I think she's been dealt a poor hand by the last couple of series and would've liked to see her get a second chance under a different lead writer.

His stuff with David Tennant as the Doctor was the best, much better than the 'trying to be too serious' stuff that has followed since. Give me David Tennat hamming it up with Billie Piper fighting fat deposit mosters all day long. But Catherine Tate can stay the fuck away though. 

7 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'm seeing a LOT of hype for Squid Game, anyone seen it and is it worth the hype? I don't have Netflix but could possibly "find" it elsewhere.

Watching it right now! I'm on episode 6 having started it yesterday so that should tell you that it's fairly good (that or I have nothing to do today)

It's an interesting concept, but not always flawlessly executed.

For example 

Spoiler

The well played out trope of ultra violence to classical/slow jazzy music I could really do without 

Some people that watched it in my office found the first half hour of episode 1 a slog to get through and nearly gave up, but I explained its pretty standard Korean melodrama/back story telling (actually enjoyed that part a lot) and then it all kicks off.

The games are pretty brutal, and its gory so not one to watch with people that don't like a bit of blood and violence.