• Paid Members
1 hour ago, organizedkaos said:

In interviews they've claimed there's a 3 season plan to the thing and that season 2 continued to follow said plan even after the massive explosion in popularity.
Obviously making lots of money is a powerful motivator towards ditching your set story plans and letting things run until people get sick of you but yeah, I believe the party line is still "this is a story with a set beginning, middle and end"

They have signed a deal with the Premier League to include real teams, kits, stadiums and players(etc) so I've got a feeling it may run for a few more years than originally planned to get their money's worth.

I recon it could survive another couple of series without losing it's shine. There are enough things in English football it could play on, and that's without the American in England jokes and storylines. 

Doing my yearly rewatch of the shield, Walton goggins as Shane just gets better to me every year. The end of season 5 he didn't have to say a word you knew what he was thinking. 

Different day different answer but with the wire and sopranos it's my top 3 TV series. 

2 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

They have signed a deal with the Premier League to include real teams, kits, stadiums and players(etc) so I've got a feeling it may run for a few more years than originally planned to get their money's worth.

I recon it could survive another couple of series without losing it's shine. There are enough things in English football it could play on, and that's without the American in England jokes and storylines. 

They said they’re only going to do 3 seasons as it’s all Jason Sudekis can do as he has signed on for other stuff so won’t have the time. 

12 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

For someone that likes Jason Sudekis but doesn't like football is it worth watching?

I know someone who watches it and hates football. They said that for the upcoming episode they were about to watch was the first time they were emotionally invested in the result of a match. I guess it’s like not having to be a baseball fan to like Eastbound And Down. 
Then again, I’ve never watched Ted Lasso so as usual I don’t know what the fuck I’m on about. 

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

For someone that likes Jason Sudekis but doesn't like football is it worth watching?

Just go in to it with the expectation that it’s a premium shitcom and not the hot new comedy that the internet will have you believe it is. 

Dave series 2 is premium sitcom though. I really enjoyed the first series but my brain kept comparing it to Atlanta because I was fresh off a rewatch of that and they have similar themes and tropes. Not finished the entire series yet but my highlight is Gata doing his mini concert, man I’ve really grown to love him to the point I want him to obtain fame and success far more than anyone else.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't think you should worry about the football backdrop tbh. I have no interest in local council politics but really like Parks & Rec. 

You're just afraid you'll end up liking football, won't you?

• Paid Members

Th best show on TV is back, Succession. I presume it's the best show on TV, I hardly watch any. It's better than The Property Brothers anyway. Great return, some laugh out loud stuff and Kendell going full on dickhead.

Does anyone happen to know if Fisher Stevens is ill? His head looks like a silverskin onion on a cocktail stick. 

Edited by gmoney