19 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I quit watching halfway through season 2 as every storyline in it was absolutely terrible. Never seen a show drop off a cliff so quickly after a great first season. Does the quality turn around or does it basically stay the same level as season 2 onwards?

I didn't mind s2 as muchas it seems you did (definitely didn't think it was good though) but yeah it sorts it out. 3 is between 1 and 2 I'd say and then 4 and 5 do some really interesting stuff to the point I was more invested in what was going on in those seasons than i was 1.

I feel like the general narrative (and so a good indicator that this isn't just a bunch of super fans with different opinions to you) is that 2 is the bad season.

It's been a while since I've watched but I think you probably could skip to the start of 3 (maybe wikipedia some episode synposes)

Edited by organizedkaos

Started watching a programme called 'You' on Netflix last week.

Not really too sure how to describe the show but maybe slightly comparable to Dexter (not really seen Dexter but know what its about), labelled as a thriller series but also easy viewing and quite funny in places with some joyful moments where you can't help but root for the main guy in the show.

Maybe I like it because I'm at that age now (or just my guilty pleasure) but enjoyed series one and can't wait to get stuck into series two. 

Edited by Briefcase

9 hours ago, Briefcase said:

Started watching a programme called 'You' on Netflix last week.

Not really too sure how to describe the show but maybe slightly comparable to Dexter (not really seen Dexter but know what its about), labelled as a thriller series but also easy viewing and quite funny in places with some joyful moments where you can't help but root for the main guy in the show.

Maybe I like it because I'm at that age now (or just my guilty pleasure) but enjoyed series one and can't wait to get stuck into series two. 

It’s a guilty pleasure for sure but I don’t think you’re ever implored to “root” for the stalking murder guy with his magic disguise hat. They just make everyone else in the show wankers so he doesn’t seem as bad.

If you are a fan of the silliness though then you are in for a treat with series 2 and 3.

24 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm about half way through season 3 and I'm struggling. It's a little too silly now for me.

I dipped out about half way through series 2 which did have the twisted feature of them casting an actual wrong’un as a wrong’un and then saw bits and bobs from the third series. Worse thing you can do with that show is give it your full attention but if it’s on in the background whilst you dedicate your time to something better served then it’s passable. 

I might have missed the discussion on this but I absolutely loved MIDNIGHT MASS

I get some of the complaints but I personally liked the longer monologues as it actually made you give a shit. The horror elements are earned and the character arcs are all nicely satisfying.

Also just finished THE CHESTNUT MAN on Netflix. One of the many Scandinavian noirs. Its creepy in the right places and the leads are very good, but I kept shouting at my screen at the idiocy of the police in it. It is VERY cliched at times, but in a fun/annoying way. 6 episodes at about 50 minutes and self contained, so if you have some hours to kill, would give it a go.

Edited by Factotum

• Paid Members

I'm halfway through Vigil, or Fishing Line of Duty as I'm going to keep erroneously and unfunnily calling it. Solid BBC stuff, top cast, Suranne and Rose are great. Looking forward to the rest and would take a second series.

There's definitely a drop off of quality after series 3 for Line of Duty as I'm halfway through 5 now, but it's still solid stuff. Stephen Graham is great, isn't he.

Just started series 9 of King of the Hill. Still no drop in quality. Boomhauer's brother was outstanding.

Alice in Borderland was pretty good too. Much better early on, I thought the Beach episodes were a fair bit weaker, but I suspect it's one of those things that will improve over the next series or two.

Edited by Devon Malcolm