With regards to a second series I believe 

Spoiler

It’s going to be an anthology so either a different period in time or a different hotel location. Either way as long as it’s the same production team and writing I’m all in!

Great show with some mad Fawlty Towers energy. I said Murray Bartlett was my favourite new actor I’d never heard of and he deserves more meaty roles off the back of White Lotus. I noticed he’s cast as the love interest of Nick Offerman’s character in The Last of Us tv show.

• 2 weeks later...

Anne starts on ITV tonight. Maxine Peake plays Anne Williams, who was instrumental in the campaign for justice following the Hillsborough disaster/ mass murder. 

I watched the first season of The Man In The High Castle. I know it’s based on Philip K Dick but if it switches from an alternative history premise to an alternative universe one, I’m off. 

I love the book and 'alternate history' is one of my favourite genres, but I stopped watching sometime in Series 2 I think. I might go back to it, but it wasn't massively engaging if I'm honest, and the leads are all really unlikeable. Reminds me though, must re-read and watch Fatherland soon.

I watched the first episode of The Tourist on the iPlayer. There's definitely enough there for me to finish the series, and again, I like 'amnesia fiction' (boy, nailing the genre descriptions today Bacon!) so this is well up my street.

On 1/2/2022 at 12:39 PM, SuperBacon said:

I watched the first episode of The Tourist on the iPlayer. There's definitely enough there for me to finish the series, and again, I like 'amnesia fiction' (boy, nailing the genre descriptions today Bacon!) so this is well up my street.

I'm three episodes in, it's definitely worth a watch.  It's full of suspicious characters to keep things interesting.

The Girl Before on iPlayer. A decent four-part drama that - according to my wife - is a pretty good adaptation of the book. I'm glad they kept it to just four episodes rather than stretch it out to six or more like is often done with book adaptations. Although I still can't understand why anyone would want to rent that house. It looks proper shit. Just because it's posh, doesn't make it good.

7 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

It would confirm, or deny, if you want to continue with High Castle in a sentence.

I watched the first one of season two and Stephen Root was in it, so I’m sticking with it. 

For now.