• Paid Members

Started watching The White Lotus. First couple of episodes have been really good. Not really sure where it's going but I don't mind because there are so many fun characters in it and the cast is ace. Alexandra Daddario though.

On King of the Hill, Bill and Luanne just finished their stint at Hottyz. 

Just finished series 5 of Line of Duty. Anna Maxwell-Martin just strolled in and became the best actor in the entire show to date, what a performance.

On Cinema's second Oscar special was a terrific example of restraint and patience on behalf of Tim Heidecker. Oscer indeed.

20 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Just finished series 5 of Line of Duty. Anna Maxwell-Martin just strolled in and became the best actor in the entire show to date, what a performance.

Absolutely. She was incredible. You know that forced smile meme? Leave = Game of thrones dragon woman / Remain = Carmichael 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Absolutely. She was incredible. You know that forced smile meme? Leave = Game of thrones dragon woman / Remain = Carmichael 

She's always really good, but great to see her get such a substantial role in such a popular show. One of our best screen actresses right now.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Started watching The White Lotus. First couple of episodes have been really good. Not really sure where it's going but I don't mind because there are so many fun characters in it and the cast is ace. Alexandra Daddario though.

Well worth sticking with, it's a really good, self-contained little show. I don't want to say anything more as it might be a spoiler, but I really enjoyed it. Murray Bartlett is increasingly astonishing as Armond as things develop. 

Edited by mim731
Spelling (not witchcraft)

17 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

She's always really good, but great to see her get such a substantial role in such a popular show. One of our best screen actresses right now.

She's one of those that has the ability to make me forget I've seen her in other stuff. I was watching Motherland around the same time and didn't put two and two together for a while.

18 hours ago, Factotum said:

Succession - Superbly satisfying season finale. The season really kicked into gear at the half way point. I know they have said that it may have only 1-2 more seasons left, and I think that is perfectly fine if it manages to keep up this high quality. Superb foreshadowing in it all. Loved it.

It shows what a massive selfish prick I am but the only downside to watching Succession is the dread that Brian Cox (the good one) might die at some point. I had the same dread watching The Goldbergs with George Baker. He’s superb and there were points at the end of the last episode that I thought he might actually be the devil. Roman comforting Kendall by ripping the piss out of him causing the death of someone whilst Shiv gives him the lightest reassuring touch you can actually give someone without actually not touching them somehow manages to be heartwarming. Best thing on telly I think.

• Paid Members

Started on the third series of Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing last night on the iPlayer. I tried to keep an eye out for any familiar sites while they were on the Tweed in the first episode as Mrs Jazzy and I have friends in Berwick. Didn't expect Feargal Sharkey to turn up in the second one. It's a great show, and I hope it keeps going for years. 

• Paid Members

Just finished The White Lotus. TV series of the year for me, Brian. Never heard of Murray Bartlett before this but he's brilliant. Contains two of the funniest scenes I've seen in years. Can't wait for another series.

• Awards Moderator
58 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Just finished The White Lotus. TV series of the year for me, Brian. Never heard of Murray Bartlett before this but he's brilliant. Contains two of the funniest scenes I've seen in years. Can't wait for another series.

Mine too. Agreed that Murray Bartlett was the absolute highlight, but I thought Jennifer Coolidge was outstanding too.

I’m a little conflicted on a second series

Spoiler

Murray Bartlett won’t be in it on account of being dead, and it’ll have to work very hard to remain as good without him.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator