• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Toast is back, and was very angry tonight.  Just makes me giggle.

I watched the first 2 on IPlayer before bed. It’s different to London in some ways, but retains enough of the original whilst feeling fresh. Some cracking cameos so far.

Finished the second series of The Witcher.

Pro’s

Better production values 

Tighter more coherent story

Henry Cavill is the shit.

Constantin off Killing Eve is in it.

Con’s

No tits

All in all a better series than the first with some decent monsters but the show could do with using its budget better. Sack off the 60 British soap and tv actors for a start. It clearly wants to be Game of Thrones but it’d be better served just being a premium Xena Warrior Princess which it does do very well a lot of the time. 

Still, a good show and Henry Cavill is ace.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Finished the second series of The Witcher.

Pro’s

Better production values 

Tighter more coherent story

Henry Cavill is the shit.

Constantin off Killing Eve is in it.

Con’s

No tits

All in all a better series than the first with some decent monsters but the show could do with using its budget better. Sack off the 60 British soap and tv actors for a start. It clearly wants to be Game of Thrones but it’d be better served just being a premium Xena Warrior Princess which it does do very well a lot of the time. 

Still, a good show and Henry Cavill is ace.

I find when they do the monster of the week type stuff with Geralt I really enjoy it, but anything from the wider story and cast and I am bored senseless. 

• Paid Members

The first two episodes of Only Murders in the Building have been excellent. Really amused by the fact that Martin Short and Steve Martin had a Three Amigos reunion and decided to invite Selena Gomez instead of Chevy Chase.

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

I find when they do the monster of the week type stuff with Geralt I really enjoy it, but anything from the wider story and cast and I am bored senseless. 

Yeah, give me Geralt on a quest with his crew facing off against monsters along the way and sack the half a dozen subplots off. All those stories can still exist but they don’t have to have them on screen. Mandalorian has a good balance of contained stories within an overarching plot, they need to take note.

• Paid Members

I went to catch up on Toast Of Tinseltown on the iPlayer and ended up watching a series by Diane Morgan called Mandy. It's got a dark humour to it, and involves Diane Morgan playing a Philomena Cunk style character called Mandy, but she's more of an everywoman. The episodes are only 15 minutes a pop. It mostly revolves around her trying to find a job. The second series gets a little more absurd. The late Sean Lock turns up in an episode in the first series. You'll either like it or won't. 

15 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

watching a series by Diane Morgan called Mandy. It's got a dark humour to it, and involves Diane Morgan playing a Philomena Cunk style character called Mandy,

The first thing Rob instructed me in was sorting out the rounds for the paper boys. This is a pretty basic job, which saw me making up the rounds for the paper boys.