Merzbow Posted January 4, 2022 Posted January 4, 2022 Has anyone subscribed to iQIYI before? I'm thinking of grabbing a month to watch Ace Troops which looks pretty good. Quote
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted January 5, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 5, 2022 Toast is back, and was very angry tonight. Just makes me giggle. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 5, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 5, 2022 30 minutes ago, Thunderplex said: Toast is back, and was very angry tonight. Just makes me giggle. I watched the first 2 on IPlayer before bed. It’s different to London in some ways, but retains enough of the original whilst feeling fresh. Some cracking cameos so far. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 6, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 6, 2022 Lily James is unrecognisable here. Loved I Tonya so I’m looking forward to this Quote
Mr_Danger Posted January 6, 2022 Posted January 6, 2022 Finished the second series of The Witcher. Pro’s Better production values Tighter more coherent story Henry Cavill is the shit. Constantin off Killing Eve is in it. Con’s No tits All in all a better series than the first with some decent monsters but the show could do with using its budget better. Sack off the 60 British soap and tv actors for a start. It clearly wants to be Game of Thrones but it’d be better served just being a premium Xena Warrior Princess which it does do very well a lot of the time. Still, a good show and Henry Cavill is ace. Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted January 6, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 6, 2022 Lily James indeed looks unrecognisable, but fucking hell I thought Seth Rogen was Timothy Olyphant throughout that trailer! Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted January 6, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 6, 2022 5 hours ago, Mr_Danger said: Finished the second series of The Witcher. Pro’s Better production values Tighter more coherent story Henry Cavill is the shit. Constantin off Killing Eve is in it. Con’s No tits All in all a better series than the first with some decent monsters but the show could do with using its budget better. Sack off the 60 British soap and tv actors for a start. It clearly wants to be Game of Thrones but it’d be better served just being a premium Xena Warrior Princess which it does do very well a lot of the time. Still, a good show and Henry Cavill is ace. I find when they do the monster of the week type stuff with Geralt I really enjoy it, but anything from the wider story and cast and I am bored senseless. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted January 6, 2022 Moderators Posted January 6, 2022 (edited) I've watched a few episodes of the new series and I would agree. I'd forgotten how tedious the show can be. I'll still end up watching it all. Edited January 6, 2022 by Chest Rockwell Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted January 6, 2022 Awards Moderator Posted January 6, 2022 It's good commute viewing. You can stick it on and enjoy watching it, but if you get distracted or have to focus on something else for a minute, or it's early in the morning, you won't miss much. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 6, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted January 6, 2022 The first two episodes of Only Murders in the Building have been excellent. Really amused by the fact that Martin Short and Steve Martin had a Three Amigos reunion and decided to invite Selena Gomez instead of Chevy Chase. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted January 6, 2022 Posted January 6, 2022 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: I find when they do the monster of the week type stuff with Geralt I really enjoy it, but anything from the wider story and cast and I am bored senseless. Yeah, give me Geralt on a quest with his crew facing off against monsters along the way and sack the half a dozen subplots off. All those stories can still exist but they don’t have to have them on screen. Mandalorian has a good balance of contained stories within an overarching plot, they need to take note. Quote
Merzbow Posted January 6, 2022 Posted January 6, 2022 I'm just sad that a Fantasy TV show still hasn't come anywhere close to being as good as 97's Berserk, and that's a bloody cartoon. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted January 6, 2022 Paid Members Posted January 6, 2022 I went to catch up on Toast Of Tinseltown on the iPlayer and ended up watching a series by Diane Morgan called Mandy. It's got a dark humour to it, and involves Diane Morgan playing a Philomena Cunk style character called Mandy, but she's more of an everywoman. The episodes are only 15 minutes a pop. It mostly revolves around her trying to find a job. The second series gets a little more absurd. The late Sean Lock turns up in an episode in the first series. You'll either like it or won't. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted January 6, 2022 Posted January 6, 2022 15 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said: watching a series by Diane Morgan called Mandy. It's got a dark humour to it, and involves Diane Morgan playing a Philomena Cunk style character called Mandy, The first thing Rob instructed me in was sorting out the rounds for the paper boys. This is a pretty basic job, which saw me making up the rounds for the paper boys. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.