4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

It’s surprising how popular it is with the yoof of today considering how badly it’s aged. I imagine it’s quite the novelty to the youngers to have a sitcom that is actually quite well written and performed that’s not shot in a documentary style. It’s probably mostly down to Aniston’s nips though.

Fucking tragic when Cheers and Frasier exist. I think they might even be less 'modern day eyebrow raising' than Friends. 

Not my thing Friends, I just never got on board. Its shockingly easy to avoid given how much it got repeated, best joke I ever heard about it was every episode could be called 'The One Where Monica acts Like a Cunt'. 

Also Phoebe isn't funny, or I need to see something a lot better than Smelly Cat to change my opinion. She's like Marco off Big Brother 5 in that I don't understand how any human finds her tolerable. 

Edited by Chili

2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

A. No one thought the Fresh Prince Reunion was shite

B. The Fresh Prince was actually good to begin with

A Yes there were some people that thought the reunion was shite or a let down

B The Fresh Prince was good, I've probably watched all 6 seasons at least 3 times over

Edited by Perry

11 minutes ago, Perry said:

Nobody can really win if you're having a debate about sitcoms, US sitcoms in particular. For every one that you love, you know someone else will fucking hate.

Why would you want to 'win'? It's not a competition is it? I love Its Always Sunny, but I don't care if no one else does. What difference would that make to my enjoyment of a show?

7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Why would you want to 'win'? It's not a competition is it? I love Its Always Sunny, but I don't care if no one else does. What difference would that make to my enjoyment of a show?

It's like when someone praises The Bang Bang Theory, all the nerds on social media reach for their revolver.  They would rather say it was shite than admit they feel the shows rips the piss out of them.

8 minutes ago, Perry said:

It's like when someone praises The Bang Bang Theory, all the nerds on social media reach for their revolver.  They would rather say it was shite than admit they feel the shows rips the piss out of them.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand the point you're making. People are allowed to think something is shite. I'm saying that someone saying something I like is shit doesn't take away from my enjoyment of it. I'm not 13, I don't get defensive about my favourite TV shows/bands/whatever. That's pathetic behaviour IMO.

4 minutes ago, Perry said:

I like it, along with millions of others. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I can't really have a discussion with you if you refuse to exercise even the most basic level of reading comprehension.

I'm out ✌🏽

Yeah, I should've said "please enlighten us as to why people don't like Big Bang Theory"  But I suppose you would've said because it's unfunny, but I suppose a steady 15 million each week thought that too.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Young Sheldon would be the better choice in my opinion. 

Did Kaley Cuoco ever get knocked up in it? A side-on picture of her would be better.