• Paid Members

Just ended up watching Carry on Glamping. A show where Johnny Vegas tries to set up a glamping site in Yorkshire with restored old vehicles. It's up there with Whitehouse and Mortimer in the 'this really shouldn't be this touching and entertaining' stakes but it was honestly fantastic and without spoilers had my missus in tears in the final episode. 

Surprised there's no mention of Series 6 of Inside No 9 kicking off yet.  Sometimes I think Reece and Steve try to be too clever with the plot because of all the smoke that gets blown up their arses after every episode airs on twitter. 

On 5/11/2021 at 1:21 AM, chokeout said:

Just ended up watching Carry on Glamping. A show where Johnny Vegas tries to set up a glamping site in Yorkshire with restored old vehicles. It's up there with Whitehouse and Mortimer in the 'this really shouldn't be this touching and entertaining' stakes but it was honestly fantastic and without spoilers had my missus in tears in the final episode. 

I've just watched this over the past few days and totally echo this sentiment. Just really lovely telly.  The last episode ended up being ridiculously emotional considering the subject matter.  

just finished the brilliant Strike Back this afternoon. I never saw it during it's initial 8 season run, which surprises me as it is something that is right up my street. Anyways its a tonne of fun, something you can just put on and enjoy without overthinking, plenty of violence and sex scenes throughout. Co-produced by cinemax who made Banshee so if you have seen that then you know what to expect with Strike Back ha!

14 minutes ago, DarloKid said:

just finished the brilliant Strike Back this afternoon. I never saw it during it's initial 8 season run, which surprises me as it is something that is right up my street. Anyways its a tonne of fun, something you can just put on and enjoy without overthinking, plenty of violence and sex scenes throughout. Co-produced by cinemax who made Banshee so if you have seen that then you know what to expect with Strike Back ha!

Never heard of this, but looking it up, its EXACTLY what I would expect a show called Strike Back to be.

Ramy continues to be an absolute delight, and has probably been the best thing I've watched this year. Just a really funny, sweet, moving TV show.

The Goldbergs series 8 has been superb too. One day there needs to be a debate on how this is the most underrated show of modern times. Baffling how little love it gets

Edited by SuperBacon
Goldberg love

The new season of Girl from Nowhere has been real solid if still a little daft, it feels a lot more politically charged this time around and the addition of a new semi-main character has worked well.

It is pushing the boundries a tad, it's edgier in other ways too with more explicit violence and the like. If you like Asian horror and especially Junji Ito's Tomie books it's worth a watch.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ve always assumed it was something to do with Ross Kemp.

Given the names of the dramas he's appeared in, that'd be a safe assumption:

Hero Of The Hour

In Defence

Ultimate Force

A Line In The Sand

Funnily enough, those type of shows seem to disappear from his filmography after his appearance in Extras...

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Not like they could make it any worse.

How many of those 12,000+ upvotes do we think would be left if we hadn't stupidly abandoned downvotes on here?