• Paid Members

Series 7 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine was more of the same high quality. Thought the Doug Judy episode was the weakest of his to date but still pretty funny. Can't remember any other sitcom that manages this level of consistency over such a long period of time.

Finished series 1 of The Twilight Zone which, one or two boring episodes towards the end, was amazingly good with its consistency as well. Series 2 has started well and I like the more inventive use of Rod Serling with his intros.

Finished series 1 of Ozark and am into series 2. I would like, y'know, the occasional laugh? It's so consistently dark and downbeat, but the cast and evolving storylines are really good. Great to see Harris Yulin get a good meaty role as well, what a great old actor.

King of the Hill still fantastic into series 4. Not sure what else to put on but that'll do me for now.

11 minutes ago, Chili said:

Given how I'm doing its rather nice to hear this weird process of selecting shows to watch isn't just me. I have no idea why, but it feels almost like a constant pressure, my old office was a nightmare for Game of Thrones fans.

Pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but the whole "You HAVE to see/hear/experience this" culture is such bollocks IMO.

I won't be on my deathbed lamenting the fact that I didn't get round to watching Mad Men. I might get round to it, I might not.

I'll whack it in this thread rather than the hip hop or theatre one as it seems a bit more widely used, but I've heard really good things about this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000vbtx

Orpheus In The Record Shop takes inspiration from classical Greek mythology and uses spoken word, beatboxing and classical music to tell it's story. Looking forward to this. Bit of culture innit?

Finished How To Get Away With Murder. It was entertainingly ridiculous. Viola Davis was excellent throughout. It tried to be a bit too twisty turny and red herringy for its own good but was a decent show. 

Started something on the iplayer called Line Of Duty. Up to the first series finale and it’s cracking thus far, recommend. 

I recently watched Fringe from start to finish for the first time since it originally aired. It's a pretty underrated show. There's some really great episodes and some surprising twists. As good as most of the main characters are it's Walter who really makes the show

• Paid Members
On 4/28/2021 at 11:47 AM, Merzbow said:

I've been watching Shadow and Bone and it's fine, pretty generic fantasy and being based on some YA books means it's a tad tame when compared to stuff like GoT or The Witcher.

The Actor Kevin Eldon is in it.

I've not seenit yet, but a good friend of mine is in it (playing Feliks) so I will be watching soon out of a sense of loyalty. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Line of Duty finale thoughts.

Reveal hidden contents

Dog shit.

Personally 

Spoiler

I thought it was a terrible way to find out you’re shit at spelling. Someone could have just told him.

I didn’t hate it as much as most, probably because I expected to be disappointed. It was fine, I preferred it to the last series  overall. But I think they need to announce a final series. I’ll also give them there due that this was made during Covid times, I imagine plans were changed. But yeah, wasn’t a home run.

• Moderators

I don't know if I hate or admire the brass neck of that bit where they matched the mispellings and everyone went

"Look at this, it's him!"

"Wow, I can't believe it. Shocked, mate."

"Blimey, not him. Right under our noses!"

And then didn't show who it was for, like, 15 minutes.

Maybe i’m jaded by wrestling but it seems like they didnt have a person in mind for H all those years ago but just had a great storyline. They’ve kinda shoehorned him in now to try and make sense of it.

Strong “higher power” vibes off this one . 

i’m sure they are aware of the law of diminishing returns ...