Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 13, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted April 13, 2021 Series 7 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine was more of the same high quality. Thought the Doug Judy episode was the weakest of his to date but still pretty funny. Can't remember any other sitcom that manages this level of consistency over such a long period of time. Finished series 1 of The Twilight Zone which, one or two boring episodes towards the end, was amazingly good with its consistency as well. Series 2 has started well and I like the more inventive use of Rod Serling with his intros. Finished series 1 of Ozark and am into series 2. I would like, y'know, the occasional laugh? It's so consistently dark and downbeat, but the cast and evolving storylines are really good. Great to see Harris Yulin get a good meaty role as well, what a great old actor. King of the Hill still fantastic into series 4. Not sure what else to put on but that'll do me for now. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 13, 2021 Members Posted April 13, 2021 11 minutes ago, Chili said: Given how I'm doing its rather nice to hear this weird process of selecting shows to watch isn't just me. I have no idea why, but it feels almost like a constant pressure, my old office was a nightmare for Game of Thrones fans. Pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but the whole "You HAVE to see/hear/experience this" culture is such bollocks IMO. I won't be on my deathbed lamenting the fact that I didn't get round to watching Mad Men. I might get round to it, I might not. Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted April 13, 2021 Moderators Posted April 13, 2021 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: King of the Hill still fantastic into series 4. Not sure what else to put on but that'll do me for now. Have you met the Louisiana Dauterives yet? Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted April 13, 2021 Author Paid Members Posted April 13, 2021 39 minutes ago, PowerButchi said: Have you met the Louisiana Dauterives yet? I have! My favourite episode of series 4 so far. Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted April 13, 2021 Moderators Posted April 13, 2021 Gilbert is one of the finest characters in history. " I knew him... briefly" Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted April 21, 2021 Members Posted April 21, 2021 I'll whack it in this thread rather than the hip hop or theatre one as it seems a bit more widely used, but I've heard really good things about this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000vbtx Orpheus In The Record Shop takes inspiration from classical Greek mythology and uses spoken word, beatboxing and classical music to tell it's story. Looking forward to this. Bit of culture innit? Quote
Keith Houchen Posted April 27, 2021 Posted April 27, 2021 Finished How To Get Away With Murder. It was entertainingly ridiculous. Viola Davis was excellent throughout. It tried to be a bit too twisty turny and red herringy for its own good but was a decent show. Started something on the iplayer called Line Of Duty. Up to the first series finale and it’s cracking thus far, recommend. Quote
Merzbow Posted April 28, 2021 Posted April 28, 2021 I've been watching Shadow and Bone and it's fine, pretty generic fantasy and being based on some YA books means it's a tad tame when compared to stuff like GoT or The Witcher. The Actor Kevin Eldon is in it. Quote
Pork Pie Posted April 29, 2021 Posted April 29, 2021 I recently watched Fringe from start to finish for the first time since it originally aired. It's a pretty underrated show. There's some really great episodes and some surprising twists. As good as most of the main characters are it's Walter who really makes the show Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted April 29, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 29, 2021 On 4/28/2021 at 11:47 AM, Merzbow said: I've been watching Shadow and Bone and it's fine, pretty generic fantasy and being based on some YA books means it's a tad tame when compared to stuff like GoT or The Witcher. The Actor Kevin Eldon is in it. I've not seenit yet, but a good friend of mine is in it (playing Feliks) so I will be watching soon out of a sense of loyalty. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted May 2, 2021 Posted May 2, 2021 Line of Duty finale thoughts. Spoiler Dog shit. Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted May 2, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2021 (edited) 3 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: Line of Duty finale thoughts. Reveal hidden contents Dog shit. Spoiler Just dreadful Edited May 2, 2021 by chokeout Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted May 2, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 2, 2021 18 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: Line of Duty finale thoughts. Reveal hidden contents Dog shit. Personally Spoiler I thought it was a terrible way to find out you’re shit at spelling. Someone could have just told him. I didn’t hate it as much as most, probably because I expected to be disappointed. It was fine, I preferred it to the last series overall. But I think they need to announce a final series. I’ll also give them there due that this was made during Covid times, I imagine plans were changed. But yeah, wasn’t a home run. Quote
Moderators Astro Hollywood Posted May 2, 2021 Moderators Posted May 2, 2021 I don't know if I hate or admire the brass neck of that bit where they matched the mispellings and everyone went "Look at this, it's him!" "Wow, I can't believe it. Shocked, mate." "Blimey, not him. Right under our noses!" And then didn't show who it was for, like, 15 minutes. Quote
RancidPunx Posted May 2, 2021 Posted May 2, 2021 Maybe i’m jaded by wrestling but it seems like they didnt have a person in mind for H all those years ago but just had a great storyline. They’ve kinda shoehorned him in now to try and make sense of it. Strong “higher power” vibes off this one . i’m sure they are aware of the law of diminishing returns ... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.