Paid Members PunkStep Posted March 2, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 2, 2021 On 2/27/2021 at 6:28 PM, wordsfromlee said: Stevie fuckin' Arnott is back. Superb! My wife has nearly caught up- we finished season 4 last night. Just the Stephen Graham series and then she's up to date. Series 1 still gave us the greatest line ("Nobody's blacker than me, son!") and the greatest moment (when Neil Morrissey flobbed in Vicky McClure's barnet). Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 2, 2021 Members Posted March 2, 2021 1 hour ago, gmoney said: I bought that on DVD a couple of months ago because I was convinced it wouldn't turn up on a streaming site. Still, no regrets. Pretty much every musical performance is missing, which I'm assuming are on the DVD. Quote
Merzbow Posted March 4, 2021 Posted March 4, 2021 Is BritBox worth it or is it mainly shit you can get on ondemand services? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2021 7 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Is BritBox worth it or is it mainly shit you can get on ondemand services? If you want old shows from BBC and ITV it’s pretty good. But frankly I’ve not watched enough to justify keeping it Quote
DavidB6937 Posted March 4, 2021 Posted March 4, 2021 I'm really enjoying it but I've also got six months free. I'm not sure I'd pay for it. Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted March 4, 2021 Moderators Posted March 4, 2021 (edited) On 2/26/2021 at 5:55 PM, Devon Malcolm said: I think the episode where they all become firefighters is my favourite King of the Hill so far, especially Boomhauer's recollection. Absolutely brilliant. I love Bill's, when he's fatter, balder and even more of a pig. William Fontaine De La Tour Dauterive is my favourite sadsack ever. Have you seen the one where he goes to New Orleans to visit his family yet? Top episode. Cousin Gilbert alone is fantastic. Edited March 4, 2021 by PowerButchi Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted March 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2021 (edited) On 3/2/2021 at 5:50 PM, SuperBacon said: Quietly slipped under the radar, but Chappelle's Show is now on Netflix. If you haven't ever seen it, it's a hard recommend. I've not watched Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories in years. The Player Haters' Ball is a classic as well. Just been channel hopping and Colin Murray is presenting Countdown at the moment. I didn't realise Nick Hewer had left. I knew Ann Robinson was taking over at some point though. I finished Still Game. Really good show. Need to find another sitcom to crack on with now I think. Is Seinfeld still on Prime so I can finish that off? Edited March 4, 2021 by jazzygeofferz Quote
Keith Houchen Posted March 4, 2021 Posted March 4, 2021 Speaking of six months free, finally using my AppleTV that I got with my phone last year. Defending Jacob is an 8 parter that I’ve two left to watch. A bloke from Marvel is the lead but don’t let that put you off. JK Simmons plays a murderer in prison for life and in my mind it’s Big Vern. But it’s a real decent watch, not over the top like some legal thrillers can be. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 4, 2021 Members Posted March 4, 2021 12 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said: Is Seinfeld still on Prime so I can finish that off? Nope, but on All 4 and coming to Netflix soon if you can't be doing with 4's dogshit player. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted March 4, 2021 Posted March 4, 2021 Man that All 4 player is absolute dogshit. The amount of times I accidentally turned It’s a Sin off or over rewound it. If Netflix can put it’s six million tv shows and films in to a tiled rewind/forward format why can’t everyone else? The Offfice is surprisingly watchable in to series 8. It’s waned considerably but it still offers the comfort watch experience that keeps me plodding on. Still not sure if I love or hate Robert California but I’m pretty sure that’s how he’d like it. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted March 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2021 I may hold off until Brooklyn 99 series 7 arrives in Netflix later this month (26th) and fly through that in a couple of days. The American Office does look tempting. As does going back through Parks & Rec for another Ron Swanson fix. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted March 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted March 4, 2021 1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said: Speaking of six months free, finally using my AppleTV that I got with my phone last year. Defending Jacob is an 8 parter that I’ve two left to watch. A bloke from Marvel is the lead but don’t let that put you off. JK Simmons plays a murderer in prison for life and in my mind it’s Big Vern. But it’s a real decent watch, not over the top like some legal thrillers can be. I mean, JK Simmons is also a bloke from Marvel. Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted March 4, 2021 Moderators Posted March 4, 2021 I'm not having that. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted March 4, 2021 Posted March 4, 2021 39 minutes ago, Chris B said: I mean, JK Simmons is also a bloke from Marvel. No he isn’t. (Actually was his performance from before MCU therefore doesn’t count?) Quote
Moderators PowerButchi Posted March 4, 2021 Moderators Posted March 4, 2021 The only time he's been in Marvel was when he wasn't sure who's dick was bigger - his or Adebisi's - and let them be the judge. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.