• Paid Members

Russell T Davies' writing is phenomenal. I watched the entire thing today (on an otherwise wasted day off). Just superb stuff. An amazing mix of easy and difficult to watch, with joy and heartache and tragedy and love all in there. 

My girlfriend was watching Bridgerton on Netflix over the weekend and every time I looked up at the TV, Sally Webster’s daughter was getting furiously rutted. Every single time. Also, once you find out who her mum is, it’s impossible to unsee Sally Webster while she’s riding some bloke on a four poster bed, as they look so alike. 

There’s amazing unintentional comedy in Bridgerton when due to vowing to end his fathers lineage with himself the love interest always pulls out and jizzes on a hanky. It’s one of the shows biggest romantic pay off’s when he shoots his load up young Miss Webster. I watched every last episode, it’s replaced You as my Netflix guilty pleasure.

Also has Jill Bigelow from Line of Duty pushing dem titties up in to the stratosphere. One for the Vintage Bintage thread.

I was in the same class as Rege Jean who stars in Bridgerton at secondary school, so I saw what people are seeing now years ago in the changing rooms after games.

Nice guy. Was tipped to be the new Bond as well which I hope happens so I can say I went to James Bond's birthday parties.

The BBC here puts on a medley of programme snippets as a filler when the local news should be on (because it’s not in HD) & I’ve been trying to work out for ages what one of the programmes was because it looked good.  I’ve just googled years & years after reading the comments in here & that’s the show I was trying to find.  Definitely going to give it a go. 

I've been looking forward to It’s A Sin since the trailers started over Christmas.  I’m glad it’s getting such good reviews, can’t wait to watch it.

Echo all the praise for It's A Sin. 

Watched the whole lot in one go last night and was blown away by it. Yes, it's cliched, about as subtle as a brick in the back and a bit all over the place at times, but to be honest that massively adds to it. The acting performances are all great, but I was particularly impressed with Neil Patrick Harris, Olly Alexander and of course Keeley Hawes.

I don't know how Russell T Davies does it. He manages to make incredibly personal stories resonate universally, and ALWAYS makes it accessible, no matter the subject matter. He is an incredible writer, one of the greatest of all time. A superb show.

Spoiler

I was genuinely shocked by what Richie revealed on his hospital bed, and glad it was included, and then what Jill said about it and why it happened absolutely broke me.

My two new current watches are How To Get Away With Murder, few episodes in and enjoying it. Viola Davis is as you’d expect. Biggest downside for me though is the trope of the gay one being super promiscuous and using sex to get info out of other gay characters who are super promiscuous and have sex in toilets. 

And also watching Superstore. Real easy twenty minute episodes, very silly, ensemble cast, and so far pretty funny. I recognised the main guy from somewhere so looked him up. Of course, he was in Silicon Valley!  A bit more scrolling led to “Fucking hell, he was Ginsberg in Mad Men”. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Superstore? I've seen it on Netflix so was wondering if it was worth watching.

20 minute episodes does swing it for me to be honest.

That’s what the yanks call it but we didn’t have Brexit so the US can dictate from Brussels what we call our big shops. 

(Cheers, will edit it now!)

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Superstore? I've seen it on Netflix so was wondering if it was worth watching.

20 minute episodes does swing it for me to be honest.

It's fairly amiable, as with a lot of American sitcoms it takes a few moments for them to get used to the characters, what the show's "voice" is etc.  It works as a fairly entertaining hangout sort of show that occasionally manages to deal with more interesting issues by virtue of the fact the characters are pretty diverse so they can talk about different issues affecting the working class from a bunch of perspectives rather than just a monolithic kinda thing. It does however have the usual American thing of a fair few "big personality" characters, if you find they grate after a few episodes it's not going to change much.

As it's fairly about what's going on in the world they're doing Covid episodes now. Genuinely a bit weird seeing everyone just living through it (there aren't really big plotlines about Covid, they just have everyone wearing masks, the break room is moved outside etc) - so far TV i've watched has either ignored it (which is mostly preferable) or been entirely about it

Edited by organizedkaos