• Paid Members
2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Was Scarlett Moffatt on any of them? I was watching the story of SMTV and she was on there and I was thinking that she will make quite the career out of being a professional talking head. As I’m sure I’ve seen her on a couple of others as well. 

so is Iain Lee, but I am assuming that is because the 11 O'Clock Show and Gogglebox will be discussed for the relevant shows.

• Paid Members

Tonight's one-off new year edition of Taskmaster (which contained no comedians by trade) was better than any episode from the last series. Every single contestant was much better than Richard Herring and Katherine Parkinson.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Tonight's one-off new year edition of Taskmaster (which contained no comedians by trade) was better than any episode from the last series. Every single contestant was much better than Richard Herring and Katherine Parkinson.

I actually think they would be funnier without everyone being a comedian. 

9 minutes ago, theironshake said:

Richard Osmand too. 

Richard Osman has done writing work on stuff like Who's Line Is It Anyway back in the day. Everyone also obviously remembers his work writing the world famous Channel 4 animated comedy show, Bromwell High, but that goes without saying.

• Paid Members
Just now, wordsfromlee said:

Richard Osman has done writing work on stuff like Who's Line Is It Anyway back in the day. Everyone also obviously remembers his work writing the world famous Channel 4 animated comedy show, Bromwell High, but that goes without saying.

He was behind a lot of Endemol comedy output over the years both before and after becoming an on screen personality on Pointless. The point I was making is yeah, some have had comedy acting gigs like Hugh Dennis or Katherine Parkinson. But they aren’t or known for Stand Up. So you have a mix of stand up comics and non stand ups. Arguing if they are known for comedy roles is just picking peanuts 

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He was behind a lot of Endemol comedy output over the years both before and after becoming an on screen personality on Pointless. The point I was making is yeah, some have had comedy acting gigs like Hugh Dennis or Katherine Parkinson. But they aren’t or known for Stand Up. So you have a mix of stand up comics and non stand ups. Arguing if they are known for comedy roles is just picking peanuts 

Everyone who's been on Taskmaster, bar Alice Levine and to an extent Katherine Parkinson, have been comedy writers so saying every series doesn't have them isn't really right. Some might not be active stand ups these days, but they all come from the world of comic writing.

• Paid Members

I think the fun with Taskmasters New Year's special, was that none of them were trying their hardest to be the funny one, cheating one or zany one that most series' seem to have. It all becomes a bit try hard, whereas last night's episode, came across as them just have a complete fun and enjoyment with it. Rylan surpassed my expectations and was one of the best contestants so far.