• Paid Members

Finished I May Destroy You yesterday. Didn't love it as much as most, mainly because of its tendency to wander off course a lot, but it's amazingly confident and largely very good. Naturally I started Chewing Gum right after and the first couple of episodes are fabulous.

I started The Office last night and blitzed through in to the second series. It’s a little too faithful at the beginning but seems to be finding more of its own voice as it goes on. It’s mad just how much of a unlikeable cunt Ricky Gervais is as Steve Carrell is doing pretty much the exact same routine and whilst being a dick he has tons more charm and is way more likeable. The cast absolutely crushes the UK version too. Can see me smashing through it in a week.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I started The Office last night and blitzed through in to the second series. It’s a little too faithful at the beginning but seems to be finding more of its own voice as it goes on. It’s mad just how much of a unlikeable cunt Ricky Gervais is as Steve Carrell is doing pretty much the exact same routine and whilst being a dick he has tons more charm and is way more likeable. The cast absolutely crushes the UK version too. Can see me smashing through it in a week.

Have just got to series 6 in a little over a week. Such an easy watch, and so rewarding. Still think Jim and Pam are fucking insufferable at times though.

• Paid Members

I haven't watched that much of The US Office, but one small change that I noticed and thought was interesting - Michael actually has a genuine skill. He's a very good salesperson, who can be fairly charming over the phone and negotiate things well. It has absolutely nothing to do with the job he's been promoted to, but it's also not a mystery why he was promoted.

24 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

It severely nose dives after Steve Carrell leaves as there’s no main character anymore all the supporting characters fight to be the star and it becomes a bit of a mess. Although saying that, the final season is surprisingly good and I really enjoyed the final episode. 

I didn't bother with seasons eight and nine for years because of how poor I found the final few episodes of season seven after Carrell left.  Then they were shown on Paramount on Freeview a couple of years back and I decided to watch them.  I didn't enjoy eight at all with the whole Florida arc but agree regarding nine, and thought that season was a return to form.

17 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I haven't watched that much of The US Office, but one small change that I noticed and thought was interesting - Michael actually has a genuine skill. He's a very good salesperson, who can be fairly charming over the phone and negotiate things well. It has absolutely nothing to do with the job he's been promoted to, but it's also not a mystery why he was promoted.

Yes, but you also have to remember they all live in Scranton. There were probably people from other branches who were more qualified, but didn't want to move to the "Electric City". Michael was probably the only option, bless him.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Have just got to series 6 in a little over a week. Such an easy watch, and so rewarding. Still think Jim and Pam are fucking insufferable at times though.

That episode were they have the Bluetooth earphone so they can be on the phone all day, eurghhh, insufferable isn’t the word. 
Really appreciating Creed on this watch, after Dwight he probably gets the most genuine lols. 

I’ve been chuckling all day at Stanley being shit at basketball and doing that weird hand thing when he dribbles. 

I started The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina as well this week. It’s actually started far better than I imagined it would and has some pretty creepy scenes. I expect it to drop off a cliff but it’s definitely outshone my expectations so far.

I know he is an obvious one but Dwight is the star of the show for me. The character I really couldn't stand was Kelly Kapoor. I know she was meant to be vapid and annoying but I found her utterly unlikable in every way, I didn't find her funny at least 95% of the time.

30 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I know he is an obvious one but Dwight is the star of the show for me. The character I really couldn't stand was Kelly Kapoor. I know she was meant to be vapid and annoying but I found her utterly unlikable in every way, I didn't find her funny at least 95% of the time.

What I love about Dwight is for such a serious guy, he absolutely loves the silliness. His reaction to the bobble head of him, when Michael gives the speech at the 

Spoiler

Rehearsal dinner of Pam and Jim's wedding

Loads more I can't remember, but his happy little boy face is such a joy. I think he's such a great character.