Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
5 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I started watching Frasier  from the beginning. Just background viewing mostly, whilst I'm working. I was surprised to see how good it was right from the start. Most US sitcoms take some time to settle in but the characters are really well established right from the off.

Sure, Martin becomes less cantankerous over time, but it's a natural character development mostly (he was more of a dick in the pilot but pilots always have s little bit of a different tone). Thankfully though they do dial back Nials's OCD and drop Daphne's psychic abilities over time.

I'd argue Frasier has the best pilot of any sitcom I've seen. It's one of the funniest episodes they did. 

Echo the love for Brooklyn Nine Nine too.

We're just about finished with Season 2 of What We Do In The Shadows. It's so incredibly funny. Matt Berry has made an absolute killing just by doing the same voice in everything so fair fucks to him because he does it well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Almost fucking wept when I saw Mays was in it. In many ways, I'm Nilsen's 13th victim.

He paid for my breakfast once, so I'll not have a word against him. 

Currently revisiting Sopranos myself. I forgot just how fucking funny it was. As well as probably a top 5 drama it's also a top 20 comedy. A real all rounder.  Christopher's Intervention is in th

Posted Images

Currently on Season 4 of Suits and Season 2 of The Good Place.  Whilst Louis Litt is still a magnificent wanker, they are making him more likeable as opposed to love to hate him.  Harvey, Mike and Jessica are bellends but they need to be.  The Good Place is a real easy watch, Danson is his usual ace self and part of me wishes that Becker was bigger than it was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Currently on Season 4 of Suits and Season 2 of The Good Place.  Whilst Louis Litt is still a magnificent wanker, they are making him more likeable as opposed to love to hate him.  Harvey, Mike and Jessica are bellends but they need to be.  The Good Place is a real easy watch, Danson is his usual ace self and part of me wishes that Becker was bigger than it was.

The Good Place declines fairly quickly after Season 2. We were begging for it to end by the last few episodes. It's almost like they thought of the twist for Season 1 and worked a show around that. It's never terrible in terms of content, moreso it just has about 10 episodes it could wrap up in but drags it on and on and on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

The Good Place is an odd one. The jokes are mostly bad or nonexistent but I enjoyed the concept and the philosophical element  enough that I ended up watching it to the end, but mostly not enjoying it that much.

I think for a while it definitely felt like they had no idea where they were going with it buy they did wrap it up pretty well in the end.

Becker was just plain rubbish though, and not even Shawnee Smith could save it. I did like that one speech he did in that episode where he was accused of being a racist though; that always stuck with me.

The video quality here is atrocious but the audio is the important bit anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

They could have done The Good Place in fewer episodes. I'll echo the love for its philosophy. When it's good, it's a brilliant show, but there's quite a bit of padding as well. 

Brooklyn Nine Nine is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Brilliant show. I watched it off the back of having watched Parks & Recreation. 

I'm still enjoying Modern Family, although there are only 7 series of it on Netflix, so I'm going to have to try and hunt them other seasons down somewhere or fork out for NowTV. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members

Rewatched all of Brooklyn Nine Nine. In a weird way, I can see it being the Friends/Cheers etc of my generation, where the late teens and 20 somethings love it and think its the best show ever, but in future years a lot of people just aren't gonna get the jokes or find it funny at all. 

I've binged The Floor Is Lava on Netflix. It's like Total Wipeout in isolation on acid. I freaking love it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

 

I've binged The Floor Is Lava on Netflix. It's like Total Wipeout in isolation on acid. I freaking love it. 

I have to say, having only seen episode 1, I thought it was a cracking concept, great sets, but the american contestants I found nauseating 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I wouldn't pay money to finish modern family if I were you... I really liked it in its prime but it went very downhill.

It was always one of those harmless comedies that I'd watch just for a smile here and there. It was never really hilarious but wasn't awful either. It had a great cast and they all worked really well together. I never really understood why it was more popular than some other comedies, but I guess a lot of the time the least controversial and most wholesome ones are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

I've binged The Floor Is Lava on Netflix. It's like Total Wipeout in isolation on acid. I freaking love it. 

Kids were loving this until my 7 year old got really quiet for a while. 

I asked her what was wrong and she said she was worried as someone hadn't emerged from the lava for about 5 minutes.

Didn't have the heart to tell her about TV magic/editing so said she probably burned alive on impact.

Fun show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Kids were loving this until my 7 year old got really quiet for a while. 

I asked her what was wrong and she said she was worried as someone hadn't emerged from the lava for about 5 minutes.

Didn't have the heart to tell her about TV magic/editing so said she probably burned alive on impact.

Fun show.

It's the fact they disappear into the lava and then emerge in the post interview completely dry and in the same outfit that baffled my very drunk brain. Then I realised they probably taped all the reaction interviews beforehand. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
4 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm still enjoying Modern Family, although there are only 7 series of it on Netflix, so I'm going to have to try and hunt them other seasons down somewhere or fork out for NowTV. 

Get the cheapest month offer you can and cane it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The Good Place is an odd one. The jokes are mostly bad or nonexistent but I enjoyed the concept and the philosophical element  enough that I ended up watching it to the end, but mostly not enjoying it that much.

I think for a while it definitely felt like they had no idea where they were going with it buy they did wrap it up pretty well in the end.

Becker was just plain rubbish though, and not even Shawnee Smith could save it. I did like that one speech he did in that episode where he was accused of being a racist though; that always stuck with me.

The video quality here is atrocious but the audio is the important bit anyway.

Becker was ace. I used to mainline that shit on Paramount. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I've been trying to get into Rick and Morty after rave reviews but really struggling. I'm 5 episodes in and there just aren't really many jokes in the show. I don't mean failed attempts at humor, more just a lack of actual jokes. The animation is also very bad and off putting (like most modern animations). I just don't see what I'm missing here. It's not good.

Edited by LaGoosh
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...