Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
8 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Anybody watched / watching The Curse? Just watched the first two episodes, it's really funny and an easy watch. Tom Davis is hilarious. Also, Emer Kenny, lads.

I’ve only watched the first episode but I enjoyed it. It’s still weird seeing DJ Beats so skinny these days though. 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
9 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It's only arrived in the last few days. I'mchoping the final. Series of Brooklyn 99 turns up on Netflix soon and hasn't been snaffled for Peacock. 

I’d guess it’ll turn up on E4 before then? Feels like it’s been ages since it aired in the US.

Posted
10 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’ve heard loads of people mention Euphoria recently but I’ve never seen it, is it basically your American version of Skins? 

Not really, it may be young people with lots of drugs and sex but it's definitely it's own thing. And let's not mention the actual American version of Skins...

  • Paid Members
Posted
31 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I’d guess it’ll turn up on E4 before then? Feels like it’s been ages since it aired in the US.

I know there was some clause with Netflix where they couldn't put it on there until 12 months after it'd finished airing for the first time. If it's not been on E4 yet I might have to hunt it down to series link it. I just usually end up watching the whole series over a weekend, if not a night. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I'm re-watching Atlanta ahead of season 3 coming out soon. Just an absolutely unique, weird and hilarious show. It manages to be funny and silly but with this dark undercurrent and atmosphere of violence, sadness and poverty just lurking underneath, it's like nothing else. Alfred/Paper Boi is one of my favourite characters in anything and I love all the bizarre weirdos that turn up in every episode.

Edited by LaGoosh
  • Paid Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I'm re-watching Atlanta ahead of season 3 coming out soon. Just an absolutely unique, weird and hilarious show. It manages to be funny and silly but with this dark undercurrent and atmosphere of violence, sadness and poverty just lurking underneath, it's like nothing else. Alfred/Paper Boi is one of my favourite characters in anything and I love all the bizarre weirdos that turn up in every episode.

I still think about the invisible car quite often. Always makes me laugh

  • Paid Members
Posted
12 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Anybody watched / watching The Curse? Just watched the first two episodes, it's really funny and an easy watch. Tom Davis is hilarious. Also, Emer Kenny, lads.

It looks pretty good, although I wasn't a fan of him in King Gary- seems alright when he's on The Last Leg though. Plus it's pretty much the People Just Do Nothing cast, so that should be a good thing.

  • Paid Members
Posted

This will be good. 

That crossword episode of Inside Number 9 was really good. I like a good cryptic crossword anyway, but the twists are brilliant. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 hours ago, PunkStep said:

It looks pretty good, although I wasn't a fan of him in King Gary- seems alright when he's on The Last Leg though. Plus it's pretty much the People Just Do Nothing cast, so that should be a good thing.

Murder in Successville was genius and he was great in it. But everything else he’s created since then has been bloody awful. He didn’t create The Curse so, and judging just by episode 1, it should be good.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Murder in Successville was genius and he was great in it. But everything else he’s created since then has been bloody awful. He didn’t create The Curse so, and judging just by episode 1, it should be good.

He did. He wrote the show with the PJDN guys.

  • Paid Members
Posted
39 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

He did. He wrote the show with the PJDN guys.

Bollocks, I misremembered the credits and thought he was the additional material! Well, it’s already better then King Gary and Action Squad so hopefully it continues 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...