I always wonder who the weirdos buying single episodes of tv shows off Amazon or Appletv are. Spending a few quid to binge watch a series is basically what Now TV is for. With the added bonus that you can cram a few other shows on until your special offer ends.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Have you got to the Blue Rat episode yet?

Watched it last night. Loved it. 

• Paid Members

Currently on the second series of Ladhood and I'm not sure if I'm genuinely enjoying it because it's a good show, or out of pure nostalgia because it's about a 33 year old bloke from Yorkshire with underlying mental health issues, looking back at his teen years in the early 2000's. Each episode reminds me of something that either happened at school or reminded me of those times.

Once you get past Liam Williams' odd 'radio style' voice, it has some genuinely funny moments.

10 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Currently on the second series of Ladhood and I'm not sure if I'm genuinely enjoying it because it's a good show, or out of pure nostalgia because it's about a 33 year old bloke from Yorkshire with underlying mental health issues, looking back at his teen years in the early 2000's. Each episode reminds me of something that either happened at school or reminded me of those times.

Once you get past Liam Williams' odd 'radio style' voice, it has some genuinely funny moments.

Yet to watch the second one, but I thought the first series was absolutely superb and note perfect. There is a danger with this type of show to just play hard on the nostalgia, but I think they got it spot on.

• Awards Moderator

Yes, Ladhood is great. I’m not from Yorkshire (though one of my friends is from Garforth where it’s set) but I’m the right age for lots of it to hit perfectly.

He’s done a couple of series for it on radio prior to the TV version, which are really good. Might be on BBC Sounds still.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Nick James said:

I'm in the exact same boat as you regarding Ladhood. 

I watched it with my now 18 y/o son a little while back, and he got fed up of me telling him that the same things happened to my mates an I when we where that age! 

• Paid Members

Tremendous news, me and my daughter have been waiting for this.

The amount of new series I'm going to watch over the coming months is piling up like mad. Top Boy, Better Call Saul, Obi Wan, Derry Girls, Stranger Things, Ms Marvel, House of the Dragon, The Rings of Power...I haven't even got round to finishing The Witcher yet either, nor have I started Inventing Anna.

5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

UKFF saying not to touch Inventing Anna is a glowing endorsement in my books, after all everyone here keeps getting Bond wrong!

I still haven’t forgiven Anna Chlumsky for how she did Macaulay in My Girl. Just behind Sally Field in Mrs Doubtfire for all time movie bastards.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

UKFF saying not to touch Inventing Anna is a glowing endorsement in my books, after all everyone here keeps getting Bond wrong!

The counterpoint to that is that every Arsenal fan on here has been proven repeatedly to have awful taste in everything so you'll certainly love it!

Edited by Devon Malcolm