Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I always wonder who the weirdos buying single episodes of tv shows off Amazon or Appletv are. Spending a few quid to binge watch a series is basically what Now TV is for. With the added bonus that you can cram a few other shows on until your special offer ends.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Have you got to the Blue Rat episode yet?

Watched it last night. Loved it. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Currently on the second series of Ladhood and I'm not sure if I'm genuinely enjoying it because it's a good show, or out of pure nostalgia because it's about a 33 year old bloke from Yorkshire with underlying mental health issues, looking back at his teen years in the early 2000's. Each episode reminds me of something that either happened at school or reminded me of those times.

Once you get past Liam Williams' odd 'radio style' voice, it has some genuinely funny moments.

  • Members
Posted
10 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Currently on the second series of Ladhood and I'm not sure if I'm genuinely enjoying it because it's a good show, or out of pure nostalgia because it's about a 33 year old bloke from Yorkshire with underlying mental health issues, looking back at his teen years in the early 2000's. Each episode reminds me of something that either happened at school or reminded me of those times.

Once you get past Liam Williams' odd 'radio style' voice, it has some genuinely funny moments.

Yet to watch the second one, but I thought the first series was absolutely superb and note perfect. There is a danger with this type of show to just play hard on the nostalgia, but I think they got it spot on.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Yes, Ladhood is great. I’m not from Yorkshire (though one of my friends is from Garforth where it’s set) but I’m the right age for lots of it to hit perfectly.

He’s done a couple of series for it on radio prior to the TV version, which are really good. Might be on BBC Sounds still.

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 hours ago, Nick James said:

Currently on the second series of Ladhood and I'm not sure if I'm genuinely enjoying it because it's a good show, or out of pure nostalgia because it's about a 33 year old bloke from Yorkshire with underlying mental health issues, looking back at his teen years in the early 2000's. Each episode reminds me of something that either happened at school or reminded me of those times.

Once you get past Liam Williams' odd 'radio style' voice, it has some genuinely funny moments.

I'm in the exact same boat as you regarding Ladhood. 

I watched it with my now 18 y/o son a little while back, and he got fed up of me telling him that the same things happened to my mates an I when we where that age! 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Tremendous news, me and my daughter have been waiting for this.

The amount of new series I'm going to watch over the coming months is piling up like mad. Top Boy, Better Call Saul, Obi Wan, Derry Girls, Stranger Things, Ms Marvel, House of the Dragon, The Rings of Power...I haven't even got round to finishing The Witcher yet either, nor have I started Inventing Anna.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Isn't Inventing Anna supposed to be absolutely awful? Garner is great but I'm not touching that.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I think Julia Garner is a tremendous actress but I can’t commit to watching Inventing Anna with her doing that mad accent.

Worryingly, it's a bang on impression of the actual Anna Delvey/Sorkin.

  • Paid Members
Posted

UKFF saying not to touch Inventing Anna is a glowing endorsement in my books, after all everyone here keeps getting Bond wrong!

Posted
5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

UKFF saying not to touch Inventing Anna is a glowing endorsement in my books, after all everyone here keeps getting Bond wrong!

I still haven’t forgiven Anna Chlumsky for how she did Macaulay in My Girl. Just behind Sally Field in Mrs Doubtfire for all time movie bastards.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

UKFF saying not to touch Inventing Anna is a glowing endorsement in my books, after all everyone here keeps getting Bond wrong!

The counterpoint to that is that every Arsenal fan on here has been proven repeatedly to have awful taste in everything so you'll certainly love it!

Edited by Devon Malcolm

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...