Paid Members Nick James Posted March 20, 2022 Paid Members Posted March 20, 2022 I will keep banging the drum that Bluey is the best kids program bar none. I've just sat watching it for a good half hour while my kid went upstairs to play, it's just a wholesome, heartwarming and education show. The episode where Chilli feels like she's failing as a parent because Bluey isn't as advanced at walking than the other kids is fantastic. The Takeaway is definitely the best episode though. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted March 20, 2022 Paid Members Posted March 20, 2022 16 minutes ago, Nick James said: I will keep banging the drum that Bluey is the best kids program bar none. I've just sat watching it for a good half hour while my kid went upstairs to play, it's just a wholesome, heartwarming and education show. The episode where Chilli feels like she's failing as a parent because Bluey isn't as advanced at walking than the other kids is fantastic. The Takeaway is definitely the best episode though. You’re spot on other then your last sentence. I think Grannies, Camping and Fairytale from the latest season are all better episodes, but actually I think the quality in general is so high there are no poor episodes and plenty of really good ones. Quote
Paid Members Nick James Posted March 20, 2022 Paid Members Posted March 20, 2022 I like The Takeaway purely from a relatible perspective of trying to control two kids while out in the wild trying to do one task. Especially keeping them entertained while waiting, only to fall at the last hurdle. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 20, 2022 Members Posted March 20, 2022 Safe you fucking pussios, I finished Top Boy series 4 in one go. I think it's the best series there has been. Its adventurous, ambitious and has multiple storylines but they are never forgotten about or feel tacked on. Ashley Walters and Kano are their usual brilliant self, but this is Jasmine Jobsons show. She absolutely steals every single scene shes in and should win every award going, just for the way she says the word 'dickhead' to be honest. There is also a bigger emphasis this series on things outside the road life and that was very welcome. Some things don't work. New characters are introduced that just do not work (one being one of the worst in the history of TV), and the swearing and the overuse of the same slang is alternately funny and annoying "Yo bruv, where's the Ps?" is straight from Eastenders "while you were doing NISH" days. I get now it's on Netflix it needs to have a global appeal and let Drake live out his fantasy of being part of the Section Boys but fuck me it gets tiresome. But all in all, a wonderful show and one that left me really needing more. BIG spoiler Spoiler Jamie getting done by Sully in front of his brothers means that this will be the focus of next series, with Stef and Arron probably ruining their lives by looking for revenge, further demonstrating that vicious cycle of black on black crime. Also on the point of Stef. Him hugging Ats mum absolutely broke me. Until next series fassies. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted March 20, 2022 Posted March 20, 2022 I’ve at the end of the first season of Dead To Me. Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini are both excellent and Ed Asner appearing in a few episodes is always wonderful. With lesser leads this wouldn’t be as good but really enjoying it. Also at the end of the first season of StartUp. It’s watchable, mainly down to Edi Gathegi as the Haitian gang leader, really powerful yet subtle performance. Can’t buy Martin Freeman as a scary corrupt FBI agent though. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 20, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted March 20, 2022 1 hour ago, Nick James said: I will keep banging the drum that Bluey is the best kids program bar none. I've just sat watching it for a good half hour while my kid went upstairs to play, it's just a wholesome, heartwarming and education show. The episode where Chilli feels like she's failing as a parent because Bluey isn't as advanced at walking than the other kids is fantastic. The Takeaway is definitely the best episode though. I'm a big fan of the one where she turns into a fruit bat. It's a brilliant show though, and CBeebies is unironically the best TV channel out there by some distance. Quote
deathrey Posted March 20, 2022 Posted March 20, 2022 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: CBeebies is unironically the best TV channel out there by some distance. My kid is one so struggles to concentrate for long but his absolute favourite at the moment is 'Nick Cope's Podcast'. It's the only show he watches that make him laugh out loud, I find the show a bit odd but there you go. With everything else he usually gets really excited for the theme tune, watches 2 minutes and then gets bored. I end up with the Chuggingtons theme tune in my head all day though. Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted March 20, 2022 Paid Members Posted March 20, 2022 12 hours ago, SuperBacon said: Safe you fucking pussios, I finished Top Boy series 4 in one go Skipped the rest of your post as soon as I read this for fear of spoilers as I decided to rewatch it from the beginning again first as 3 years is a long time to remember shit. Got a couple of s3 episodes left and then I'm good to go. Fuck, I forgot just how good s3 was. The Stefan/Ats relationship, Dris being a shadow of his former self, anything with Jason, Little Simz being brilliant, Dave's over the top yet menacing performance and most of all- Kano working his tits off in every scene he's in. Seriously, I can't believe Top Boy is pretty much all he's done in the acting world. He's so, so good. Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted March 20, 2022 Paid Members Posted March 20, 2022 13 hours ago, Nick James said: I like The Takeaway purely from a relatible perspective of trying to control two kids while out in the wild trying to do one task. Especially keeping them entertained while waiting, only to fall at the last hurdle. It’s definitely my favourite although I think Sleepytime from S2 may have it beat for actual quality. But yeah, I’m so obsessed now that I think even the kids are feeling it’s a little over the top. They’re wrong, naturally. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted March 21, 2022 Members Posted March 21, 2022 9 hours ago, PunkStep said: Skipped the rest of your post as soon as I read this for fear of spoilers Shit, sorry mate. I deliberately kept it vague and didn't put anything in that is a spoiler, apart from the bit of box, so apologies if I did. I think you're safe with what i wrote but DO NOT CLICK ON THE BOX, you pagan. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted March 21, 2022 Posted March 21, 2022 Kano is tremendous in Top Boy. I don’t think it’s a great show but it’s probably better than a great shit show. Kano though, legit great in it. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 21, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted March 21, 2022 I take it back, the best Bluey episode is when Dad and his brother have to pretend to be horses and get married so that it distracts Socks from chewing Bluey's toy. Quote
deathrey Posted March 21, 2022 Posted March 21, 2022 Is one of you a writer for The Guardian? https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/mar/21/the-10-best-bluey-episodes-for-both-kids-and-parents-sorted Quote
Rule One Posted March 21, 2022 Posted March 21, 2022 Top Boy Season 4 Not as good as Season 3, with Covid halting production amongst things it just felt that some storylines were rushed over but it's still good and there's plenty of action to be satisfied with. @SuperBacon Spoiler You've got to be talking about Pebbles? Absolutely trash character but I'm definitely interested in seeing Erin Kellyman on my screen again. General Top Boy S4 Spoilers Spoiler Well happy Jamie and Kit were mugged off. I think Stefan will have a decent storyline but Aaron can be phased out. They threw the family dynamic out of the window with them this season and it just didn't knit as well as S3. Pebbles as a character was atrocious and tacking her to Sully was such a shit move. The Liverpool lot and Lauryn was a bad call too. This subplot just wasn't needed. They could have saved Lauryn's arch/reappearance for a later time. Jacqui is boss and I hope the give her something better if they continue. There was undertones of the Dris being an underling storyline in there but I hope they don't shunt her down that route. Aside from when she's opposite Sully, she carries every scene she's in. Ruben, folding like a stack of cards. BIG LOL. They shit the bed with his character too. Atts got absolutely buried but poor Amma, she didn't deserve none of it. Why did the shoehorn that storyline with Shelley? She worked hard with it but why couldn't she just be the good voice of reason that made her so good/likeable in S3. Disappointed at Sully for trying to deny killing Dris. I know he's heartbroken at having to body his mate but I'd rather have them lean into it more. Everything else was 5 star from him. He carried some shit scenes. The biggest bug bear was where was the police in any of this? S3's ending was building to the police gunning for DuShane but they were nowhere to be seen aside from the Ruben pull. All them murders and not a sniff of them connecting the dots? No CCTV pulls, the biggest one being the Kit/DuShane garage nonsense. Here's to Season 5! Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 21, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted March 21, 2022 2 hours ago, deathrey said: Is one of you a writer for The Guardian? https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/mar/21/the-10-best-bluey-episodes-for-both-kids-and-parents-sorted I don't think I've seen most of those episodes! Fucking hell, CBeebies, sort it out. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.