Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted

The Curse

I have hated Tom Davis in everything I have ever seen him in (Paddington 2 aside) and nearly didn't give this a go   because of him, but my God I'm glad I did.

He's incredible, and his voice acting on this deserves an award of it's own.

Another thing about the show is, despite it not being a million years ago, it's easy to get the 80s wrong, or go too far, but this looks and sounds spot on.

Just a superb show. Emer Kenny as well. BONK.

Arrested Development 

3rd or 4th rewatch, just got to series 2 and forgot how great it was.

STEVE HOLT! 

Posted
On 2/11/2022 at 8:32 PM, Hannibal Scorch said:

Murder in Successville was genius and he was great in it. But everything else he’s created since then has been bloody awful. He didn’t create The Curse so, and judging just by episode 1, it should be good.

I’ve always wanted to give Murder in Successville a go. Which are the standouts? Will Arnett has the American version out at the moment I think.

Nearly done Yellowjackets. Still not sure where it’s going with 3 and a half episodes but it’s been giving me subtle 

Spoiler

Evil Dead vibes since about episode 3

which is wild considering I put the show on hold after episode 1 because of how I thought the show would pan out.

Can’t tell if Juliette Lewis is so fucked up that she can’t act or she acts fucked up really really well. I just can’t envision a world where Sophie Thatcher turns in to her. It’s Christina Ricci’s show though.

 

 

 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ve always wanted to give Murder in Successville a go. Which are the standouts? Will Arnett has the American version out at the moment I think.

 

 

I’ve not seen them in years due to Britbox. But usually it was the celebs you thought would be rubbish would have the most fun. I found them on YT though, well most of them https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHFNP6LI0uynQD_uSbUmypJfkEIdQe77S

 

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I see what you all meant about Bernie Clifton's Dressing Room. What a great half hour of television.

Zanzibar was good as well. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ve always wanted to give Murder in Successville a go. Which are the standouts?

@Hannibal Scorchis right that some celebs catch you off guard with how funny they are. I had to pause Martin Kemp's to catch up from laughing where he got all existential and couldn't remember his name. Deborah Meaden was good value too.

The Gordon Ramsay superintendent gets me every time though, nailed-on impression and great patronising delivery. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 2/11/2022 at 8:22 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

This will be good. 

That crossword episode of Inside Number 9 was really good. I like a good cryptic crossword anyway, but the twists are brilliant. 

By far my favourite episode! 

As a fan of extratextual meta stuff, I love that the crossword used in that episode was also the actual Guardian cryptic crossword the day it first aired. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Love Wuthering Heist, the wordplay, the sight gags, the breaking of the fourth wall. It was a very tightly scripted farce. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just started Fargo, excellent first three episodes with a perfect cast. Enjoying the fact there's less comedy than the film (which I still love) and it's mostly a straight crime drama.

Also started House of Fools, which is exactly what I'd want a Vic and Bob sitcom to be like. I'm already furious they cancelled it and I've only watched up to the pork pie one.

Tim Heidecker rightly just cancelled Decker vs Dracula on On Cinema, after the disastrous decision to give Gregg Turkington full creative control. Good on Tim for retaining his professionalism during the aborted series. Greggheads should roll, @PowerButchi.

Hank just got Bobby a paper round on King of the Hill. I hope there's a bit more of Bill in this series.

Nearly finished The Twilight Zone. Might do The Outer Limits next seeing as though TPTV has them in its schedule.

Finished The Curse, which didn't end quite as strongly as it started and the ending was too busy setting up a second series. But still really strong and funny, hopefully it will get another one.

Posted
16 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Good timing, I just finished it!

They have also fully written Season 4 and are ready to go with it. This and BETTER CALL SAUL in the same month is a blinding treat.

  • Paid Members
Posted

House Of Fools is class. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Binged through the second season (so far) of The Rightious Gemstones today. It can be a bit too 'Danny McBride' at times but it has so many highlights, not least Walton Goggins, who remains the most watchable actor in any show he's in and Danny McBride really knows how to write a role for him. John Goodman is more front and centre this time and it's always great to see him get a good role.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...