• Paid Members
Just now, chokeout said:

I'll guess it's 'The Lost Sister' which was the attempt at a weird backdoor pilot for a spinoff

that's exactly it. Not just a bad episode completely out of step with the rest of the series, but for such obviously cynical reasons. 

• Awards Moderator
1 minute ago, chokeout said:

I'll guess it's 'The Lost Sister' which was the attempt at a weird backdoor pilot for a spinoff

Oh was that the punk street gang thing? I didn't mind it, it was just a bit of a left turn. It's always jarring when a series just decides to fuck off somewhere else for a bit.

• Paid Members

Who on here recommended Party Down? Because it's been great so far, I'm about halfway through the second series. Ken Marino is absolutely tremendous.

The new series of Derry Girls has started just brilliantly. The Spice Girls episode is right up there with the best they've done.

The second series of Russian Doll really is a change. It's not quite hooked me like the first one did, yet (done the fourth episode), but Natasha Lyonne's constant chuntering to herself never gets old.

Nearly at the end of the second series of Fargo. Took too long to really get going and not a patch on the first one but really hits its stride towards the end. Bokeem Woodbine MVP.

On to series 12 of King of the Hill. The last couple of series have been a bit disappointing with the odd quality episode, but even if it doesn't do much in its last two episodes, nine series of greatness is some going.

My 15yo is making us watch Sweet Home and it's absolutely fucking terrible. Still got three episodes left. Maybe I'll cancel Netflix.

• Paid Members

Ozark's final part(s) was really weak. What a weird show, some great performances (Julia Garner deserves all the hype), a real sense of tension through a lot of it but it just never goes anywhere that interesting. The final episodes hit their trademark "Oh shit, this changes everything!" moments that retreat into normality almost immediately.

Seeing this image makes me so happy!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

Ozark's final part(s) was really weak. What a weird show, some great performances (Julia Garner deserves all the hype), a real sense of tension through a lot of it but it just never goes anywhere that interesting. The final episodes hit their trademark "Oh shit, this changes everything!" moments that retreat into normality almost immediately.

Seeing this image makes me so happy!

It’s a shame Danny Masterson is a cunt because Hyde was my favourite character and it’s not going to be the same without him. They could always awkwardly recast him like they did with Laurie I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

It’s a shame Danny Masterson is a cunt because Hyde was my favourite character and it’s not going to be the same without him. They could always awkwardly recast him like they did with Laurie I suppose. 

Just get his brother that was in Malcolm In The Middle to play him.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Just get his brother that was in Malcolm In The Middle to play him.

He’s been in it already. He played the cheese guy for a few episodes. I think they have another brother who they could stick sunglasses and a wig on.

• Paid Members

I gave up on Ozark halfway through the third series. I thought it was technically really good but every episode was really bleak and heavy going without ever going anywhere of note, and I'd just had enough.