Paid Members chokeout Posted April 28, 2022 Paid Members Posted April 28, 2022 4 minutes ago, Onyx2 said: I haven't rewatched any of it since first viewing - which is that? I'll guess it's 'The Lost Sister' which was the attempt at a weird backdoor pilot for a spinoff Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted April 28, 2022 Paid Members Posted April 28, 2022 Just now, chokeout said: I'll guess it's 'The Lost Sister' which was the attempt at a weird backdoor pilot for a spinoff that's exactly it. Not just a bad episode completely out of step with the rest of the series, but for such obviously cynical reasons. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted April 28, 2022 Paid Members Posted April 28, 2022 1 minute ago, chokeout said: I'll guess it's 'The Lost Sister' which was the attempt at a weird backdoor pilot for a spinoff Oh was that the punk street gang thing? I didn't mind it, it was just a bit of a left turn. It's always jarring when a series just decides to fuck off somewhere else for a bit. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted April 28, 2022 Posted April 28, 2022 I knew it’d be that one with the wannabe Cyber Punk pricks. Let us know how quickly your girlfriend falls for mum shagging uber alpha Brian Pillman man. Bet it’s not as fast as Nancy’s mum. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted April 28, 2022 Paid Members Posted April 28, 2022 at the moment she thinks he's a horrible prick, I'll keep you posted. Quote
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted April 28, 2022 Paid Members Posted April 28, 2022 The latest Inside Number 9 might be the most fucked up thing they've ever done, and I love it. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 2, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted May 2, 2022 Who on here recommended Party Down? Because it's been great so far, I'm about halfway through the second series. Ken Marino is absolutely tremendous. The new series of Derry Girls has started just brilliantly. The Spice Girls episode is right up there with the best they've done. The second series of Russian Doll really is a change. It's not quite hooked me like the first one did, yet (done the fourth episode), but Natasha Lyonne's constant chuntering to herself never gets old. Nearly at the end of the second series of Fargo. Took too long to really get going and not a patch on the first one but really hits its stride towards the end. Bokeem Woodbine MVP. On to series 12 of King of the Hill. The last couple of series have been a bit disappointing with the odd quality episode, but even if it doesn't do much in its last two episodes, nine series of greatness is some going. My 15yo is making us watch Sweet Home and it's absolutely fucking terrible. Still got three episodes left. Maybe I'll cancel Netflix. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 2, 2022 Moderators Posted May 2, 2022 2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said: Who on here recommended Party Down? Because it's been great so far, I'm about halfway through the second series. Ken Marino is absolutely tremendous. I found out about it on here from @Bellenda Carlisle Quote
Paid Members CleetusVanDamme Posted May 3, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2022 Ozark's final part(s) was really weak. What a weird show, some great performances (Julia Garner deserves all the hype), a real sense of tension through a lot of it but it just never goes anywhere that interesting. The final episodes hit their trademark "Oh shit, this changes everything!" moments that retreat into normality almost immediately. Seeing this image makes me so happy! Quote
kidzero Posted May 3, 2022 Posted May 3, 2022 paramount plus uk launch date is 22 June..I'm hoping for some half decent sitcoms maybe king of Queens ..etc Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 3, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2022 1 hour ago, CleetusVanDamme said: Ozark's final part(s) was really weak. What a weird show, some great performances (Julia Garner deserves all the hype), a real sense of tension through a lot of it but it just never goes anywhere that interesting. The final episodes hit their trademark "Oh shit, this changes everything!" moments that retreat into normality almost immediately. Seeing this image makes me so happy! It’s a shame Danny Masterson is a cunt because Hyde was my favourite character and it’s not going to be the same without him. They could always awkwardly recast him like they did with Laurie I suppose. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted May 3, 2022 Posted May 3, 2022 Any good shitcoms getting rebooted for the precious content meter? I couldn’t sit through Jerry Stillerless King of Queens. This also explains why there’s no catch up service for Yellowstone. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted May 3, 2022 Posted May 3, 2022 2 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: It’s a shame Danny Masterson is a cunt because Hyde was my favourite character and it’s not going to be the same without him. They could always awkwardly recast him like they did with Laurie I suppose. Just get his brother that was in Malcolm In The Middle to play him. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 3, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 3, 2022 2 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said: Just get his brother that was in Malcolm In The Middle to play him. He’s been in it already. He played the cheese guy for a few episodes. I think they have another brother who they could stick sunglasses and a wig on. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted May 3, 2022 Author Paid Members Posted May 3, 2022 I gave up on Ozark halfway through the third series. I thought it was technically really good but every episode was really bleak and heavy going without ever going anywhere of note, and I'd just had enough. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.