I’ll tell you what, the first episode of the new series of The Boys features one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever seen. Even by that shows standards it’s fucking rank. Up there with Brand New Cherry Flavour.

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I’ll tell you what, the first episode of the new series of The Boys features one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever seen. Even by that shows standards it’s fucking rank. Up there with Brand New Cherry Flavour.

I think I know exactly which bit you mean!  I was annoying my gf constantly throughout it because even though I watched the previous seasons, I had forgotten pretty much everything that had happened. Homelander is still an hilarious wanker. 

4 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I think I always forget everything that happened previously and ALWAYS the first thing I remember is that Karl Urban has a mad accent. I’m well up for more Butcher and Homelander one to ones.

Is he British or Australian?

Edit. Butcher, I mean. 

Edited by Keith Houchen

8 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think I know exactly which bit you mean!  I was annoying my gf constantly throughout it because even though I watched the previous seasons, I had forgotten pretty much everything that had happened. Homelander is still an hilarious wanker. 

Not just me then!  I really enjoyed the previous seasons but remember pretty much nothing.  Can't be bothered going back so I'll just try to piece things together as I go.  So far so good on the new season based on the first episode. 

5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Is he British or Australian?

Edit. Butcher, I mean. 

He’s meant to be full blown cockney I think but Karl Urban’s native Kiwi accent turns it in to an odd hybrid. It’s strange because Urban does a fine American accent, well it’s never stood out as terrible and you’d think the transition from Kiwi to English accent would be easier. It doesn’t help that his dialogue is full on Dick Van Dyke.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think Butcher is the weakest part of the series to be honest. As you say, the dialogue is atrocious. 

You gotta be sam sorta cahnt sayin that, ya flamin galah! 

• Paid Members

King of the Hill just redeemed crappy series 12 with the Behind Closed Doors episode, which felt like one they'd forgotten to do in series 4.

Halfway through the first series of Hill Street Blues. I used to watch it with my dad as a kid but only really cared when Belker growled at people. Now I'm mostly interested in Joyce Davenport. It's still a great series though - the ways in which it's aged don't affect its quality at all.

The third series of Fargo gets better as it goes on. Love the way it just bungs a brilliant actor in all of sudden, like Mary McDonnell. Still favour series 1 though.

Nearly finished Check it Out! with Steve Brule. John C. Reilly is the greatest actor of his generation you dangus. Still feel ill from when he drunk water from the harbour though.

Started watching Tacoma FD. It's pretty easy viewing without ever being hilarious. At this stage I might just be watching it for Hassie Harrison but it might still be alright anyway.

• Paid Members

19-2. A Canadian cop show, I was so-so on it for the first half season but it's gradually winning me over, it's had some big moments up its sleeve. I just started the second season and it opened with one of the most intense and harrowing hours of telly I've ever seen. Focused on a school shooting. Super impressive technically too, the first 13 minutes of this is one long one-camera tracking shot, watch it:

Will stick with it!

On 6/7/2022 at 5:45 PM, Devon Malcolm said:

Nearly finished Check it Out! with Steve Brule. John C. Reilly is the greatest actor of his generation you dangus. Still feel ill from when he drunk water from the harbour though.

Have you seen the episode on Words yet? Amazing.