WE OWN THIS CITY Not on in the UK yet, but as part of my job (posh) I've managed to watch this. Fuck me. The little brother to The Wire with one of the most charismatic lead performances from Bernthal of the last 20 odd years on TV. Mad thing is, the shows all true!

BETTER CALL SAUL At this point what more is there to say? This is just supreme TV all the way. Its a Rolls Royce. The change from Jimmy to Saul is a far more complex and interesting one than Walter into full on Heisenberg. Gutted we have to wait 6 weeks for the new episodes, but they said that was due to Odenkirk's health problem midway and Covid delays and not just some cheap 'mid season finale' grab that some shows do.

BARRY The scene with Barry on the couch this week, offering his sincere help but it being something else was the hardest I have laughed in a while at any show. Best episode of the season so far. The quality of Direction and cinematography on both this and BCS is quite something

Edited by Factotum

I'm watching Arrested Development for the first time and have reached the point in Season 3 where they introduce a character called Bob Loblaw.

That is one of the best names I have ever heard in my whole life. 

• Awards Moderator
2 minutes ago, dopper said:

I'm watching Arrested Development for the first time and have reached the point in Season 3 where they introduce a character called Bob Loblaw.

Bob Loblaw's Law Blog.

• Paid Members

Season 4 definitely has some really funny stuff in it but really at the end of the day the joy of Arrested Development is seeing the main cast interact with each other. Due to scheduling they are very rarely in the same scenes together so they tried to cover for that with an incredibly convoluted plot and it just doesn't work. 

As for season 5, it's genuinely terrible. Just shockingly bad on every level.

Seasons 1-3 will always be perfect though. 

Edited by LaGoosh

2 hours ago, dopper said:

There’s the whole “Meta” thing of him going up against Barry Zuckercorn (he’s very good), given the two actors playing the roles and their respective roles in Happy Days. 

• Paid Members

Rattled through the first series of Tuca & Bertie on Netflix. It was fun. The second series starts on E4 next week if anybody else has been watching. 

I've started the second series of Russian Doll. If Series 1 was Groundhog Day, then series 2 appears to be doing some kind of messed up Quantum Leap thing. I was astounded when Annie Murphy turned up as young Ruthie, looking a million miles away from Alexis Rose. Chloe Sevigny turns up as well, and the soundtrack is a cracker. 

On 5/18/2022 at 3:48 PM, Keith Houchen said:

I’m on the third series of Bloodline. There is absolutely nobody to root for. They’re all awful people, but unlike say The Sopranos, or Mad Men, there’s no charm. It’s well acted and written though so that keeps me coming back. 

It was shite. If you do watch it, give up after the second season and even that wasn’t as good as the first. 

Never Have I Ever continues to make me chuckle, the mum is brilliant. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

The ending of that first episode of the new Stranger Things was something. Bloody hell.

That was a hell of an episode, it almost felt like a movie in itself. Did a good job bringing in new characters and going deeper with the existing ones. Me and my 12yo have been waiting 2+ years for this and it didn't disappoint.

Just finished episode 3 and 

Spoiler

Foldy Chrissy and Foldy Fred were genuinely sickening moments. Brilliant.

The joy I felt when I saw Steve on screen again, he is the absolute best.

And Winona Ryder continues to be the most attractive human being to ever have existed.

Really enjoying it so far.

Echo the love for the Derry Girls finale. Absolutely wonderful. The best comedy has pathos in it and this was that at it's very best. Wonderful show.

• Moderators
On 5/8/2022 at 12:50 PM, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Public service announcement for people wondering whether to watch Mike Myers'  The Pentaverate

If you go in expecting it will be shit you'll hate it. If you try to suck any enjoyment you can from seeing Mike do his schtick for the first time in nearly 15 years then there's plenty I enjoyed.

Also Debi Mazar is amazing.

I started watching the first few episodes of this. The first episode was really bad, but I was tired after a long day and watched it anyway. Once you get used to the style of the show and just go along for the ride it is a lot better, so I'd agree with this review.

2 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I started watching the first few episodes of this. The first episode was really bad, but I was tired after a long day and watched it anyway. Once you get used to the style of the show and just go along for the ride it is a lot better, so I'd agree with this review.

I heard that it’s based on a conspiracy theory from Mike Myers’ dad in So I Married an Axe Murderer which makes me a lot more interested in seeing it but mostly has me wanting to rewatch So I Married an Axe Murderer.

BARRY - Episode 6 - I know I keep banging on about this show, but this weeks episode is absolute perfection. Laugh out loud hilarious and with a thrilling action set piece. It was like a full on movie. Bill Hader may be on the verge of becoming an absolute stunning Director.