• Paid Members

Not going to read the other posts on here as we still have three episodes to go, but episode 4 of the latest Stranger Things is...well fucking hell. Sadie Sink is incredible in this. I'm a mess after that episode, emotions are all over the place. 

• Paid Members

I started watching Desmond's on Netflix. The last episode I watched was the two parter with the armed robbers holding everyone hostage. It's scary how the social commentary still holds up 30 years later. 

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

After the Barry season 3 finale give all the awards to Hader, Goldberg and Winkler.

That was some of the most tense and pulsating bits of TV I have ever watched. Not much more to say about Hader now. The guy is phenomenal

• Paid Members

Yep agree totally. Barry has been great since the start but the season 3 tone shift from tense comedy to bleak surrealist horror drama (with the occasional brilliant joke) has been a joy to watch. The finale felt like watching a nightmare. Incredible directing from Hader and the cast deserve all the awards for acting available. 

I'd love to watch a horror movie directed by Hader. What a talent.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Factotum said:

That was some of the most tense and pulsating bits of TV I have ever watched. Not much more to say about Hader now. The guy is phenomenal

Seen a few people say he should do a Jordan Peele and director a horror film. I know he is a fan of the genre, and I know even as a director you have people like an AD to help with shooting scenes, but the episodes he directed this season were fantastic and I would be interested to see what he could do outside of the frame of Barry.

The way he films action, if they gave him the chance to do a thriller type film I reckon he would knock it out of the park. The issue is do they even allow guys like Hader to make those type of films anymore? You seem to have to go to horror to do the 'mid level' movie now.

Anyway, guy is annoyingly talented!

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Factotum said:

The way he films action, if they gave him the chance to do a thriller type film I reckon he would knock it out of the park. The issue is do they even allow guys like Hader to make those type of films anymore? You seem to have to go to horror to do the 'mid level' movie now.

Anyway, guy is annoyingly talented!

The lucky position he is in is that HBO/HBO MAX need content and do make films as part of that. I can see no reason, based on the critical and award winning success of Barry its possible they allow him to develop a film for them.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Is Barry available to watch on a streaming platform here or is it a case of downloading it, legitimately of course?

Now TV have all 3 seasons for the next 30 days. They are 24 episodes of about 30 minutes each.

16 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Now TV, baby!

15 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Now TV have all 3 seasons for the next 30 days. They are 24 episodes of about 30 minutes each.

Ooh that means it should be on Sky “Say it into the remote control thingy” or whatever that’s called. Excellent, thanks chaps!

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ooh that means it should be on Sky “Say it into the remote control thingy” or whatever that’s called. Excellent, thanks chaps!

I can confirm it is, I’ve just finished the series 3 finale on there last night. Immense show, my favourite in years. Series 3 has absolutely flown by.