Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted
59 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Zazie Beetz Join New Season

Forgot this was even happening. Always intriguing

Watching Black Mirror with an erection. A new experience. 

Posted
On 7/4/2022 at 9:23 PM, Mr_Danger said:

Fucking he’ll, episode 710N on Barry has me wanting Bill Hader to make a GTA film. That chase was straight out of GTA 5. Incredible.

Just watched this and I instantly thought of GTAV! Even the camera was the right distance behind the player. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
4 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Yeah. I'm not excited by it as a show anymore and it's had a big decline in quality, but I will still definitely watch it..

Tbh I think its quality has always been mixed at best although the last series was weak aside from the Miley Cyrus one.

Kate Mara though.

  • Members
Posted

Finished 3 series of The Umbrella Academy in just over a week.

Absolutely loved it. Was really worried that Robert Sheehan would be incredibly annoying after 1 episode, but he was fantastic, a really brilliant turn.

And the way they acknowledged Elliott Page's transition, was just beautiful. 

Can't wait for series 4.

 

Posted
On 7/12/2022 at 11:01 PM, Mr_Danger said:

With regards to Kim 

  Reveal hidden contents

I don’t think she gets offed I think she leaves with his blessing after he realises being with him is sending her full Lady Macbeth. I don’t think he goes on to be Breaking Bad Saul Goodman knowing he got her killed.

 

I've been thinking something similar for a while, but more along the lines of:

Spoiler

They end up in a situation where their lives are in danger and Jimmy arranges for Kim to go into hiding via the vacuum guy.  In return for his life Jimmy agrees to work for Gus and his crew going forward, which explains how their relationship came to be before Breaking Bad.  I think the black and white flash forwards to Saul working as a janitor will end with the reveal he's been reunited with Kim in the future post-Breaking Bad world.  That's maybe just me hoping for a happy ending though!

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
On 7/12/2022 at 4:28 PM, Mr_Danger said:

Started Black Bird on Apple TV. True life story of a flash young criminal tasked with doing undercover work in a noncey jail. Paul Walter Hauser plays his usual one note perfectly and Taron Egerton is a more convincing American than he is Brit. The story itself is the main draw and I’m not familiar with how it all panned out but it’s got (good) True Detective vibes so far.

I checked out the first two episodes based on this post and really enjoyed it too. I've never seen Hauser in anything before, what a great creep!

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

I checked out the first two episodes based on this post and really enjoyed it too. I've never seen Hauser in anything before, what a great creep!

PWH is, not only a massive wrestling fan, but more importantly a fantastic actor who doesn’t get talked about enough. I highly recommend his turns in I, Tonya (which is a great film anyway, but I digress), Richard Jewell and he was even entertaining in Cruella. He’s definitely got the potential to have a great career. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

I checked out the first two episodes based on this post and really enjoyed it too. I've never seen Hauser in anything before, what a great creep!

He plays the same character and role pretty much every time, one of those actors. But he plays it well!

  • Paid Members
Posted
10 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Binged the new Resident Evil series on Netflix and it’s easily the worst adaptation ever made.

My head hurts after watching the first one. If it was its own thing I could just roll with it, but them stating that the games are canon and the events of them have actually took place in this universe has put me in a permanent "wait... what?" state. I have to watch it all though, because I'm a massive fanboy. It's going to be brutal.

I've read that they try to explain why Wesker is still alive after being shot by a rocket launcher in a volcano, I am actually looking forward to this part!

  • Paid Members
Posted

I've been watching Station Eleven. I watched the fourth episode the other day without realising Prime had skipped the third one, and it didn't feel like I'd missed anything. That can't be good, can it? I know I only watched it for Mackenzie Davis but it's slow going.

Just finished the first series of Hill Street Blues. Esterhaus is one of the great TV characters of all time, the wedding episode is brilliant.

Nearly finished Tacoma FD. The third series is definitely the funniest of the three. A really good, fun, easy watch, I'm surprised it's not more popular.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I've been watching Station Eleven. I watched the fourth episode the other day without realising Prime had skipped the third one, and it didn't feel like I'd missed anything. That can't be good, can it? I know I only watched it for Mackenzie Davis but it's slow going.

Have you read the book?

 

I thought it was an okay adaptation, but it is quite slow and plodding. 

Posted

I started watching it but didn’t have the heart to watch Tamwar’s story unfold so moved it down the backlog after the second episode. I’ll definitely get back to it though because a post apocalyptic tv show that doesn’t have a riff on zombies is appealing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...