Paramount + is launching tomorrow officially but the app is up in a few places already so I signed up to the trial for a snoop. Haven't been through the movies yet but the TV highlights so far seem to be:

Cheers

Deadwood

Dice

Frasier

Oz

Twin Peaks

Workaholics

Plenty of Showtime stuff that's usually worth a watch.

Probably dip into the Paramount + original stuff and see if that's any good.

I get it as part of Sky Cinema although not sure if that's a limited thing or not. Will definitely get some use out of it anyway.

Anatomy Of A Scandal

Tory Cabinet Minister gets charged with rape. It’s real style over substance with absolutely nobody to root for. The tories are repulsive, even their shithead little kids. Sienna Miller Puts in a decent turn and there were times I though Orlando Bloom was actually acting but then I remembered he can’t and it was Rupert Friend looking like Orlando Bloom. It’s only six episodes but not worth. 

• Paid Members

I've had Paramount+ via VPN the last couple of months. I don't think it has everything that's on the UK one and you can't seem to switch location with the same login, but in the US it has the Champions League and Europa League coverage if anyone is considering getting it.

• Paid Members

I rinsed Barry over the past week. Fantastic. I can't remember a show as laugh out loud daft funny and genuinely shit yourself tense. It's like Mitch Hurwitz's Breaking Bad, to do that wanky thing reviewers used to do. Hader, Sarah Goldberg and Henry Winkler are perfect in it. 

Watched David Simon's lastest endeavour 'We Own this City' (based on a true story) and thought it was middling, though Jon Bernthal as Sgt Jenkins was excellent in fairness.

I read the book show was based on last year and didn't find it great either. Most enjoyable part of the show was spotting all the former Wire actors popping up.

• Moderators

I watched the first few episodes of Bluey with my daughter this evening. It is every bit as good as all the hype it gets. Really well observed and written. Loads of really great little things it does well in the characters relationships that makes it feel authentic.

Most importantly though it's really genuinely funny and made me laugh out loud several times.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I watched the first few episodes of Bluey with my daughter this evening. It is every bit as good as all the hype it gets. Really well observed and written. Loads of really great little things it does well in the characters relationships that makes it feel authentic.

Most importantly though it's really genuinely funny and made me laugh out loud several times.

We’re watching the 2nd half of season 3 right now. It honestly doesn’t dip in quality at all, and a few have even gotten us emotional. A shame most kids shows lack the heart and humour they put into it really.

I’m another who saw all the praise ‘Barry’ was getting in this topic and binged all 3 seasons over the past 2 weeks.

Despite my favourite character being NoHo Hank who steals every scene he is in, he was barely in the incredible episode with the amazing motorbike chase.

One of the past half-hours of TV I’ve seen in years.

I found all of the Sally stuff in Season 3 really over the top though, and I found myself waiting for those bits to be over so we could get back to Fuches, Hank, and of course Barry.

• Paid Members
On 6/25/2022 at 12:09 AM, Chest Rockwell said:

There's an argument to be had that CBeebies has the best two shows on TV right now in Bluey and Hey Duggee. The beach episode of Bluey is brilliant.

Finished the first season of “Glitch”. I thought it would be some typical zombie bollocks but it more the Australian Revenants. Decent six episodes per season so there isn’t any filler, interesting to see where it goes. 

Also approaching the end of the first season of “Barry” and enjoying it hugely. 

I got up to the episode ronny/lily on Barry and it was incredible. One of the best half hours I’ve seen on telly since Teddy Perkins on Atlanta. The show is a nice little companion piece to Mr Inbetween which I really loved. So glad I picked the recommendation up from on here. I can see why Scott Ryan ended it (for now at least) but I’m still gutted there’s no more. I’m there for whatever he does next.

Also started the new series of Only Murders in the Building which picks up where it left off. Still can’t get over seeing Steve Martin and Martin Short being great in something not made in the 80’s/90’s. Fucking love Martin Short.

Edited by Mr_Danger