deathrey Posted July 6, 2022 Posted July 6, 2022 Is this going to be the last series of Atlanta or is there one more? Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 12, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 12, 2022 The ending of the new Better Call Saul episode was some incredibly sad and dark shit. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted July 12, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 12, 2022 Oooh, I forgot that was out! Sweet. Quote
Mr_Danger Posted July 12, 2022 Posted July 12, 2022 Started Black Bird on Apple TV. True life story of a flash young criminal tasked with doing undercover work in a noncey jail. Paul Walter Hauser plays his usual one note perfectly and Taron Egerton is a more convincing American than he is Brit. The story itself is the main draw and I’m not familiar with how it all panned out but it’s got (good) True Detective vibes so far. Also started 1883 due to Paramount Plus having a dog shit interface and not loading up the Yellowstone episode tiles. 1883 is a spin off of Yellowstone following the early Duttons on a cross country trip protecting some immigrant settlers. It ain’t no Deadwood but it scratches an itch. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted July 12, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 12, 2022 6 hours ago, LaGoosh said: The ending of the new Better Call Saul episode was some incredibly sad and dark shit. Fucking sensational bit of telly. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 12, 2022 Posted July 12, 2022 Fuck me that was exceptional. Really not ready to let go of Better Call Saul quite yet. Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted July 12, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 12, 2022 Better Call Saul is now 2 for 2 in leaving me feel empty at the end of an episode. It's just wonderful Spoiler I do think the 'what happens to Kim' is just fucking with people now. It's like Hot Tub Time Machine where they keep expecting the guy to lose his arm and it never happens. Kim literally racing to shoot Gus in his own house which is filled with armed security to save Jimmy's life. This is it..... Nope! Quote
Mr_Danger Posted July 12, 2022 Posted July 12, 2022 With regards to Kim Spoiler I don’t think she gets offed I think she leaves with his blessing after he realises being with him is sending her full Lady Macbeth. I don’t think he goes on to be Breaking Bad Saul Goodman knowing he got her killed. I’ve discussed this with a mate in work and he fully agrees. Howard wasn’t that bad right? Obviously he didn’t deserve what happened but even before that I thought the bowling balls and all that was a bit harsh. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 12, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 12, 2022 (edited) 14 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said: Howard wasn’t that bad right? What makes Howard a great character is on first sight he absolutely looks like your stereotypical rich spoilt smug arrogant arsehole lawyer character you've seen a hundred times before but as the show goes on it gradually reveals that Howard is a good guy who will help anyone. Brilliant writing. Edited July 12, 2022 by LaGoosh Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted July 12, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 12, 2022 Howard could have easily been a typical 'greed is good' rich prick but he never was. He had absolute faith in Chuck, to the point he was willing to ruin Jimmy's future because Chuck wanted nothing to do with him and was willing to be the bad guy so Jimmy wouldn't lose faith in Chuck. His genuine disappointment in Kim shows he only ever wanted the best for her and the way he treated her is probably rhe only bad thing he did under his own steam. In a series full of horrendous people, I don't think he was one of them. Quote
Factotum Posted July 13, 2022 Posted July 13, 2022 100% agree with everyone who praised this weeks Better Call Saul. This show is just next level. The ending was just incredible. I think you can start to see the difference now between Jimmy and Kim. Its a show I cannot wait to see how it ends but I also don't want it to end. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted July 13, 2022 Paid Members Posted July 13, 2022 I hate that after this is done, we get no more new Mike Ehrmantraut. Quote
Butch2000 Posted July 13, 2022 Posted July 13, 2022 The final two episodes of Boys from the Blackstuff are on BBC Four tonight. I just checked and the first 3 are on iplayer if you want to binge then as you’ve never seen it before. It is compulsory viewing. Probably the greatest British drama of all time. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 13, 2022 Posted July 13, 2022 https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2022/tv/news/black-mirror-season-6-cast-1235314901/amp/ ‘Black Mirror’ Cast Revealed: Aaron Paul, Josh Hartnett, Paapa Essiedu, Kate Mara and Zazie Beetz Join New Season Forgot this was even happening. Always intriguing although I find it a bit more hit and miss as it goes on. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.