• Paid Members
On 6/29/2022 at 7:58 PM, Mr_Danger said:

The show is a nice little companion piece to Mr Inbetween which I really loved. So glad I picked the recommendation up from on here. I can see why Scott Ryan ended it (for now at least) but I’m still gutted there’s no more. I’m there for whatever he does next.

That was from me and I will continue recommending this criminally underwatched show to the day I die. Glad you liked it. Crazy that Scott Ryan has no other credits to his name, he's a brilliant actor and writer. The final moment of the last episode blew me away with how perfect it was.

2 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

That was from me and I will continue recommending this criminally underwatched show to the day I die. Glad you liked it. Crazy that Scott Ryan has no other credits to his name, he's a brilliant actor and writer. The final moment of the last episode blew me away with how perfect it was.

I rewound it and demanded my girlfriend watched the bit with me even though she hadn’t watched the show and had no point of reference. 

• Paid Members

I’ve got about an hour left of Stranger Things and it’s safe to say Argyle is the Jar Jar Binks of the series.

Also, I’m very tired of the will they-won’t they between Steve Hairington and Nancy. But I think that’s because it’s harsh on the hero Jonathan Byers was as opposed to the loser he now IS.

On 7/1/2022 at 11:23 PM, SuperBacon said:

Stranger Things 

Just utterly fantastic ending to the series and everything I hoped it would be.

Feel a bit of an emotional wreck after that. 

Sensational TV. About 30 minutes into the finale I was about to say it was underwhelming. I held off knowing how well the Duffer Brothers write and I wasn't wrong. The last hour was an absolute rollercoaster and reinforced my view on Max and Lucas being the best twosome in the show. 

• Paid Members

Coyote. Vic Mackey's a retired border patrol guy that gets roped into doing shit for the cartel to keep his family safe. This felt like the first half of a really good season of TV, except... that's all there is. Reading up on it it was supposed to be ten episodes, by my usual non-understanding of TV-speak that would normally mean they just cut everything down into six episodes, but this honestly feels (and is paced) like they've just shown the first 6/10. It's weird, the mid-season hook is the finale.

It finished airing January last year and there's no word on a renewal or a cancellation. TV purgatory's cruel.

• Paid Members
On 7/3/2022 at 9:27 AM, air_raid said:

I’ve got about an hour left of Stranger Things and it’s safe to say Argyle is the Jar Jar Binks of the series.

Also, I’m very tired of the will they-won’t they between Steve Hairington and Nancy. But I think that’s because it’s harsh on the hero Jonathan Byers was as opposed to the loser he now IS.

They seem to throw a different character's character development out of the window every series - last series was Hopper's personal growth being ignored and making him a self-parody lazy macho dad again, this series its Jonathan back to being a complete waste of space with no social skills. Honestly, Nancy not getting with either of them is the better outcome at this point - Jonathan's lied to her and gone all distant, while Steve's continuing personal growth really only has "getting over Nancy" left to become a functioning adult. That Nancy wasn't keen on his fantasy life of settling down and having a bunch of kids makes me hope that the pay-off is Steve finding someone who will give him that life, but really I just don't think he survives the next series. If it's all setting up for anything, it's for Steve sacrificing himself to save Nancy.

I had my issues with the last series - Vecna's supervillain monologues, mostly - but I really enjoyed it all the same. Matthew Modine and Sadie Sink should be getting cast in everything right about now.

Once Vecna started talking he became a completely different villain. Genuinely scary in the first few episodes then just a gross bad guy who explains everything for the audience. Still, can’t fault the series for much else it’s scope and execution we’re excellent.

Three episodes in on the new series of Atlanta. The fucking balls on Donald Glover to go away for so long and then premier his new series with a stand-alone story featuring no established characters. The fact that it’s such a great episode is standard for the show but that episode in particular was fantastic. 

Edited by Mr_Danger

On 7/3/2022 at 12:20 PM, wordsfromlee said:

As much as I loved Stranger Things, theres some really far fetched moments in it that ruin it for me. I mean, like, how the hell did Eddie get that Master of Puppets guitar tone from a Fender amp? Ridiculous.

Who also pays the electric bill in the upside down, in order to play the guitar 😁

• Paid Members
On 7/5/2022 at 3:20 PM, Mr_Danger said:

Three episodes in on the new series of Atlanta. The fucking balls on Donald Glover to go away for so long and then premier his new series with a stand-alone story featuring no established characters. The fact that it’s such a great episode is standard for the show but that episode in particular was fantastic.

Donald Glover truly doesn't give a fuck, he's just making what he wants to make with no thought to the audience and it's glorious.