• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Factotum said:

BARRY - Episode 6 - I know I keep banging on about this show, but this weeks episode is absolute perfection. Laugh out loud hilarious and with a thrilling action set piece. It was like a full on movie. Bill Hader may be on the verge of becoming an absolute stunning Director.

I watched the first episode the other day and it was excellent. But I think I'm going to save the rest and binge them in one go when they've all been aired. I don't ever do this with TV series but happy to make an exception with this.

50 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I watched the first episode the other day and it was excellent. But I think I'm going to save the rest and binge them in one go when they've all been aired. I don't ever do this with TV series but happy to make an exception with this.

It works as one piece just as well I think due to the timing of the episodes. That and the pace of the show. This season is really incredible looking

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Because I only caught up with Barry this year, I got to watch seasons 1 and 2 more or less in one go and it was a real treat.

Same here, that's one of the reasons I'm waiting. I'll probably do the same with The White Lotus and Only Murders in the Building too.

• Paid Members

It’s not an exaggeration to say Hader has been a revelation as a director. He’s throwing out everything from emotional monologues to action scenes and nailing it like he’s been doing it for years. I can’t see him staying away from films for too long. 

Finished Stranger Things 4 and my biggest take away from it is 

Spoiler

SHIRTLESS STEVE! 

If you’re not a fan of senseless and overly convenient plotting it won’t be great but there’s loads to love with some great character moments and when it hits it hits. An improvement on the last two series I’d say.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Finished Stranger Thing 4 and my biggest take away from it is 

Reveal hidden contents

SHIRTLESS STEVE! 

If you’re not a fan of senseless and overly convenient plotting it won’t be great but there’s loads to love with some great character moments and when it hits it hits. An improvement on the last two series I’d say.

Only up to episode 4 but I completely agree on it’s improvement over the last season (didn’t think 2 was that bad except the back door pilot) but hasn’t felt a slog despite the ridiculous run time of some episodes. 

Loved the latest Stranger Things, and never once felt bored despite the long episode times. I could've watched a whole series of Joyce and Murray (Brett Gelman is the best), thought Sadie Sink was excellent in her focused episode and Millie Bobby Brown kills it in that last episode...

However 

Spoiler

The reveal of 001 was bloody awful. I didn't give a shit about him the whole series, still don't and I just thought it was a bad plot device. He reminded me of that creepy cunt from American Horror Story but worse.

Could be wrong though, we will have to see what the last two episodes bring.

Also, Will and Mikey seem very much forgotten about don't they? So much so that the writers apparently forgot to acknowledge Wills birthday which happens during the series.

Anyway, I'm off to learn how to play D&D and make a Hellfire Club t-shirt. I want to be Eddie.

Edited by SuperBacon

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Sadie Sink was excellent in her focused episode

I’ve watched episode four if that’s the one? I’ve always liked Stranger Things but I thought episode four was stunning television. Brilliantly tense interspersed with the comedy of Joyce and Murray. One of the best episodes of anything I’ve seen lately. As people have said, the running times whizz by. 

Sadie Sink was probably only better in Dr Swifts All Too Well (Taylor’s Version) but that’s down to the director of that. 

30 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

That's the one. Superb TV.

What I love about them all is you absolutely feel their friendships/relationships. The cast have fantastic chemistry together.

Dusty and Steve The Hair Harrington in particular!

6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Loved the latest Stranger Things, and never once felt bored despite the long episode times. I could've watched a whole series of Joyce and Murray (Brett Gelman is the best), thought Sadie Sink was excellent in her focused episode and Millie Bobby Brown kills it in that last episode...

However 

Hide contents

The reveal of 001 was bloody awful. I didn't give a shit about him the whole series, still don't and I just thought it was a bad plot device. He reminded me of that creepy cunt from American Horror Story but worse.

Could be wrong though, we will have to see what the last two episodes bring.

Also, Will and Mikey seem very much forgotten about don't they? So much so that the writers apparently forgot to acknowledge Wills birthday which happens during the series.

Anyway, I'm off to learn how to play D&D and make a Hellfire Club t-shirt. I want to be Eddie.

They have the Hellfire t-shirts in George already, guaranteed It’ll be added to my collection of treasured shit Asda t-shirts this Father’s Day.

The writing was really good in that episode 4 not only did we get this series bad guy’s main inspiration as a cameo

Spoiler

(not to mention among another stunning  dripping housewives favourite cameoing

but 

Spoiler

I totally bought that Max was in real peril and that she might be killed off.

I see Kate Bush is charting too!

• Awards Moderator

Inside No. 9 closes on another cracking series. And what a finish! Wise Owl's 70s public information films were as creepy as the real deal. Great to see Ron Cook in anything. 

• Paid Members

I’ve loved stranger things so far. Not been a fan of everyone being split up and the story being fragmented, especially as some have had very little screen time but I’m assuming that’s a mix of shooting during lockdown and the cast having more and more work. The only plus point of it is I’m guessing it’ll lead to

Spoiler

An Endgame style ‘everyone gets back together to fight the big bad’ which will be the perfect way to finish the series as it was always built around them being a group and if everyone gets their moment to shine I’ll be happy, although Steve got bitten and I don’t want him to be the death that brings them together 😔