The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

23 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Let’s focus on what matters, lads.

It took Sami and Kevin three weeks before they started arguing. But can they co-exist?!

They were arguing from the outset. I wrote last week in this thread how I’m not sure if that’s now part of their gimmick where they’re best mates who argue or if it’s leading to another feud with them. It’s all very odd.

Edited by FUM

• Paid Members

Wouldn’t the Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman characters now spend every second of promo time just dunking on the fraudulent champion who has never beaten him? What the hell man. :( 

• Paid Members

In terms of belt absorptions how many belts deep are we going to be now?

WWE and World Heavyweight became Undisputed, Undisputed changed back to WWE but then also absorbed the Universal into a new Undisputed but now there’s another belt it’ll likely be absorbed again into one. Like, can they not just have belts stay as one belt and not merge or rename every few years?

• Paid Members

Overall (Part one!) - For context, I watched Raw this morning without any notion of the major announcement coming (I got an early night and missed any commotion about it on social media or the news sites) and these thoughts were initially written up as they usually are, on the fly after each match/segment/angle without gauging other opinions first, either from here or from social. I also watched this without any inkling about who was running the show despite what has since come to light. With that in mind...

👍 Bad Bunny/Priest - Absolutely GREAT bit of business here and I'm surprised that, at the time of typing this up, there hasn't been a single mention of it on these hallowed pages. The match between Rey and DP itself was a fun little ripper (special mention for a great camera shot as Rey goes for the 619 and Priest flashes into shot out of nowhere with a massive boot to Rey's noggin). But the Bunny/Priest altercation afterwards? Superb. Bunny absolutely leathered big Damian with those kendo stick shots, and Priest in turn sold for him like his soul was being extricated from his body. A street fight at Backlash too? Yes please. Lovely, lovely stuff. A good night for the Damian Priest fan club chaired by @Devon Malcolm. Bad Bunny is fucking brilliant as well and you could see he was having the time of his life out there. 

👍 Cody/Finn - First, the opening promo. Cody is STILL over like rover and you can't help but hang on the soppy cunt's every word. Nice touch with the stuff around the torn pec and the first time being back in that arena since then. There was a very important shift in focus here, because aside from Finn’s little jab, there was no mention about Wrestlemania - he’s now fully focussed on Brock Lesnar and charging full steam ahead. Good way to open and Cody vs Finn was one hell of a setup for later on. Then, there's the match with itself and you just knew they were going to tear it up, and they most certainly did. A perfect heater for Cody heading into Backlash. 

👍 Bloodline/Sami/KO tension - Again, why are we not talking more about this? It's still one of the most utterly gripping things on WWE television. The ramifications of the tag match on Smackdown were already high stakes as they were, but now we're staring at a scenario where the ramifications for the losers are perhaps even greater. I get that people might be waning on their interest in this feud now, but I've long believed that there's still juice left in it, and this proves my point. As for Sami/KO bickering...abso-bloody-lutely they should be bickering. Why would they be 100% squeaky clean after everything they've been through in their careers? Especially recently? It makes perfect sense that there would still be some squabbling and you can't tell me otherwise. YOU WILL ALL LEARN TO LOVE THIS, DAMN YOU. 

👍 Bloodline/LWO - A Fatty Facesitter opening tag match ripper. Lovely stuff, this - action-packed from bell-to-bell. Despite the loss I thought this was another great LWO showcase - love the new theme and they’re clearly over and the crowd were well behind them, and I think they’ll have their first proper moment in the sun at Backlash so I’m ok with a few defeats along the way - they lost here being incredibly competitive and got taken down by a ref distraction and a brutal spike. A good heater for the Bloodline heading into Smackdown and Backlash respectively.

👍 Rollins/Omos - For something thrown together for a PLE so last minute, I'm bang up for it now. Nothing wrong with this bit of business at all.   

👍 Other bits - Streets Profits vs the ex-Hurt Business was perfectly fine. I'd be quite happy to see them split in the draft to be honest to freshen things up. The Theory/Lashley/Reed business over the US title was perfectly executed for me. Nothing wrong the six-woman tag, nobody put a foot wrong. Gable/Ali was also fine if a bit surprising with the finish. I think Ali's new gimmick will take time to adjust to, but it has the feeling of a slow burner about it. They need to run Alpha Academy and the models stuff for longer because it's so entertaining. 

Overall (Part two!) - Everything above was great - from top to bottom I thought the show was a really, really fun watch and at no point did I get bored or feel compelled to keep fast-forwarding. You'll notice I've neglected to mention the World title business...this is two-fold. One, I think it's a massive topic that can be discussed separately. And two...well, my shift starts in a minute. So I'll conveniently return to this later but overall, I can't surely be the only person that thought this was an excellent Raw? Can I?...

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

1 hour ago, FelatioLips said:

In terms of belt absorptions how many belts deep are we going to be now?

WWE and World Heavyweight became Undisputed, Undisputed changed back to WWE but then also absorbed the Universal into a new Undisputed but now there’s another belt it’ll likely be absorbed again into one. Like, can they not just have belts stay as one belt and not merge or rename every few years?

- The wwe and (wcw) world was merged by Jericho.

- Seperated when Lesnar won it and became exclusive to Smackdown.

- Merged by Cena in a fued with Orton.

- WWE World Titled merged with Universal by Reigns.

- WWE world reintroduced.

It's a mess.

• Paid Members

The only time a multi-man ladder match would have served a purpose and they don't take that option. Imagine Main Event Jey Uso winning one of Romans belts in a ladder match so Roman doesn't take the fall. They could have had Roman take a bad bump and get stretchered out, with Jey taking the belt to stop anyone else taking it, but then Roman does Roman things to Jey for taking the belt. 

Edited by Nick James

• Paid Members

I've retired myself from commenting on current WWE booking or results after Mania, but on the belt design itself I will say - it reminds me a fair bit of one of the belts New Japan had, ergo, I love it.

In the true spirit of jumping on the next bandwagon, I will immediately become interested in the TV product again should CM Punk appear on screen in any capacity.