The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

It’s an absolute travesty Cody Rhodes isn’t currently the Champion.

I’ll probably start all my posts in this thread like that from now on…

Anyway, his little riff leading to “EARN IT? I AM IT!” is as close as he’s gotten to that real stream-of-consciousness, righteous indignation, Dusty Rhodes style promo. I think he’s getting there. His promos since coming back have all been brilliant in spite of his weird speech pattern and vocabulary, but if he can tap in to his inner Dusty more they’ll end up enhancing his promos and taking him to a new level.

I guess they, and he, deserve some credit in keeping him pretty much as hot as he was before Mania. But… like… I don’t think they’re going to be able to get people to the point they want him winning the title anymore, so we’re essentially in a glorified holding pattern until he wins the titles. Which is odd.

• Paid Members

Cody Rhodes mentioning the rubber chicken was 100% the right call and was quite weird to here it mentioned instead of just ignored as would usually happen. Dropping the name 'Matt' makes me wonder if Cardona will end up involved at some point. Cody is the man though, he really is and if they end up pulling the story off after blue balling us all at 'Mania, they should give HHH the keys to the kingdom.

One thing I thought during the excellent Alpha Academy / Uso's match, was I would love Otis to stay with Chad and bring in the Creed Brothers, or alternatively, Chad drops Otis for the Creeds (I like Chad and Otis though). Chad is brilliant.

Great to see Bayley back, now people can calm down with the whole backlash that seems to have been happening the last week that she was leaving and going to AEW. 

I quite like Bronson Reed but I hope I never see him in a brawl after a match again. Felt like I could have taken him watching that and I’ve only been in about two fights in my life - the guy was absolutely done in, it was horrible to watch. What made it worse is Lashley looked like he could go the rest of the night if he needed to. Lost a lot of his aura there for me.

I wonder how much Cody is actually injured or how much he is just very smart at selling. Mid-sentence still rubbing that side, made it really believable - I’m a sucker for small touches like that. He really is brilliant and I can’t believe how quickly he’s brought me round. Loved the rubber chicken reference too.

I’m hooked again after last week, hopefully Vince stays away.

• Paid Members

Cody's been selling that Wrestlemania chair jab to the ribs longer than the Young Bucks have sold in their whole careers combined. A great worker at the height of his powers, stamped on by a decrepit old cunt with Dick Tracy villain facial hair.

Highlight was Bayley's side-eyes to Dakota and Iyo during their bits. She's brilliant, can't wait until she turns on them and beats the piss out of them.

• Paid Members

The fast food ads when watching live are mental. America  really take their world leaders in obesity title seriously. 

Saw one for Papa John’s Papa bowls, which is the toppings and sauce of a pizza thrown into a plastic trough. Bloody hell. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members

Watching an American feed and seeing their ads is always wild. The fast food is ridiculous, but the way they advertise drugs is equally as bonkers. Smackdown on Fox is particularly insane. It’s like Robocop.

Not a fan of Matt Riddle getting involved in The Bloodline storyline. It’s like when someone’s mum forced you all to include the local dickhead in your game.

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

Watching an American feed and seeing their ads is always wild. The fast food is ridiculous, but the way they advertise drugs is equally as bonkers. Smackdown on Fox is particularly insane. It’s like Robocop.

Not a fan of Matt Riddle getting involved in The Bloodline storyline. It’s like when someone’s mum forced you all to include the local dickhead in your game.

I thought this.

I’m not sure anyone even remembered Solo was how they wrote Riddle out. He could have come back without going for vengeance and ‘m not sure anyone would have batted an eyelid.

(and yes, it’s still a travesty that Cody isn’t champion)

1 hour ago, JLM said:

The fast food ads watching live are really mental. America  really take their world leaders in obesity title seriously. 

Saw one for Papa John’s Papa bowls, which is the toppings and sauce of a pizza thrown into a plastic trough. Bloody hell. 

Watching illegal feeds of Premier League football hungry is a massive no. Everything looks amazing.

It's also the price of it all. "Buy 400 tacos for only a dollar 99!!!" 

Mental bastards. 

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Supremo said:

Call me a cynic, but after her Wrestlemania performance I'm not at all surprised that they got the belts off Lita without having her wrestle again.

To be honest I think this would have been the case even if she'd put on a ***** classic. A one off on Raw to set the 'Mania match up, the Mania match itself, then an injury angle to drop them. Unless they were paying her a bigger wad I don't think she'd have done three matches with two of them being on free tele (for the best as well, she was cack). I'm just surprised they had Trish fill in for a match on free TV as opposed to just being revealed as the attacker and building from there.

15 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Anyway, his little riff leading to “EARN IT? I AM IT!” is as close as he’s gotten to that real stream-of-consciousness, righteous indignation, Dusty Rhodes style promo. I think he’s getting there. His promos since coming back have all been brilliant in spite of his weird speech pattern and vocabulary, but if he can tap in to his inner Dusty more they’ll end up enhancing his promos and taking him to a new level.

Bang on board for this. I think as we get closer to the inevitable rematch we're getting closer and closer to an iconic promo/moment from him that'll become his equivalent of hard times. I think that's what h's searching and striving for as a performer and he's absolutely on the cusp. Rumour has it that he knew well in advance that he wasn't getting the straps at Mania - part of me wonders if he's saving some tricks up his sleeve for when he knows he's about to take over the mantle...which could be counterproductive as it could be a swing and a miss. It's Cody though. I'm on board. 

9 hours ago, FUM said:

I quite like Bronson Reed but I hope I never see him in a brawl after a match again. Felt like I could have taken him watching that and I’ve only been in about two fights in my life - the guy was absolutely done in, it was horrible to watch. What made it worse is Lashley looked like he could go the rest of the night if he needed to. Lost a lot of his aura there for me.

Think Reed has a lot of potential but so far he's been much more effective battering smaller foes. Think this was a mixture of them running too long and kind of going through the motions - Lashley can go all night, but when he's doing his naff flatliners and the like it gets a bit tedious. What we should have had was some of the classic big man tropes thrown in - trying to flatten each other, slapping each other's chests, no selling slams, that sort of lark. Cut the matchtime in half and go straight to the brawl after that. 

8 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Cody's been selling that Wrestlemania chair jab to the ribs longer than the Young Bucks have sold in their whole careers combined. A great worker at the height of his powers, stamped on by a decrepit old cunt with Dick Tracy villain facial hair.

When he's on form like this he just pisses star power. It's stuff like this and his promo tonight that leave me still convinced that he's still going to get his moment and it's going to be such massive outpouring of joy when it does happen and it'll be totally, utterly deserved. The beautiful bastard. 

5 hours ago, Factotum said:

None of whats happened the past 2 weeks has convinced me they didn't make a huge error in not putting the belts on Cody. Its clearly obvious he should be the champion at the moment

Can’t agree with this at all. Cody is still hugely over despite them not pulling the trigger, when has that ever happened before? I actually like the fact they are making him a fighter, of course i’ll eat my hat when Lesnar squashes him. 

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Can’t agree with this at all. Cody is still hugely over despite them not pulling the trigger, when has that ever happened before? I actually like the fact they are making him a fighter, of course i’ll eat my hat when Lesnar squashes him. 

The reaction to him last Monday was notably more muted but it was much better this week. Maybe they can salvage this even it still doesn't stop them from being wrong in the first place.