The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

If this was still HHH's Raw I would try and be optimistic and say that Brock keeping Cody busy for a while so they don't have to stretch Cody vs Roman 2 out for ages is a good idea, but it's not HHH's Raw anymore. There's a post on Reddit from someone who was there live saying the Seth segment was even worse in person because he was out there forever and then production came over and told him to scrap whatever he was doing so he hurled the mic in frustration and left.

As others have said, it'll be back to just reading results and watching clips online for me now. I got my Kevin/Sami payoff and looking at the future of the company I think we were lucky to even get that.

• Paid Members

I dunno what's worse, Vince being back*, or the gloating from certain corners that its all gone to shit and then hate watching just to make sure its actually gone to shit, rather than having more than one TV show to enjoy. Mental how some wrestling fans minds work. 

*It's definitely Vince being back, but you get my point.

• Paid Members

It’s the tribalistic die-hards I feel worst for. Those anti-AEW lot who were truly convinced Vince was only back to facilitate a sale, or he was only back to visit John Cena, etc.

It sucks that everything is likely going to go back to the way it was. It’d suck even worse if I didn’t have Blackpool Combat Club vs. The Elite to look forward to.

I give it three weeks before someone takes the 24/7 title back out of the trash.

Edited by Supremo

Man, I really had got excited about wrestling again. Guess people who love the backstage drama and have been dying for weeks to say Vince was back so they could have a storyline between him and Trips playing out in their head will be happy. I just feel really disappointed right now that something I’d got my love back for appears to be headed back to where it was when it was probably at its lowest in terms of my interest.

I’ll give it another week in the hope it was just because Vince was in LA but I really don’t have faith.

18 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Well, the people who said what for the payoff for Cody probably feel a bit silly now. It's just Cena v Rock 2 all over again.

Why would they? If Vince McMahon has indeed hijacked creative, that's something no one could have predicted - there was every reason to give Triple H benefit of the doubt. However, either way, one night is not enough to make a judgement on. It's not just about what happens with Cody, it's about what they do with Reigns next. 

On the whole, I didn't think it was a disaster of a show, but I'm definitely concerned at the prospect of greater McMahon involvement. He's a sex-pest going through a late-life crisis. Forget the creative process for a second, the guy shouldn't be allowed near female employees, never mind their storylines. I hope the journalists who were working on exposes revisit their work, and take the fucker out once and for all. Wealth and power shouldn't be a disqualifying factor when it comes to consequences. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Why would they? If Vince McMahon has indeed hijacked creative, that's something no one could have predicted -

Who predicted Vince stepping down, then eventually coming back but not to run things, to then taking back control of everything so a sale goes through. Who predicted that happening?everyone GIF

Because cancel culture doesn’t exist if you’re a billionaire and wrestling fans gloss over it because WWE.

@Nick Jamesi don’t want it to be shit. Since 1991, almost constantly, WWF/E has been in my life. Yes, there is an alternative I enjoy much more, but I don’t want WWE to be awful. I do feel it’s awful, but I’m not happy about it even if it feels that way. I do find it perplexing at how many people do enjoy the current product though, I will say that.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

7 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I hope the journalists who were working on exposes revisit their work, and take the fucker out once and for all. 

I mean they did. Earlier in the year when Vince came back, they reported Rita Chatterton had signed a multi million dollar settlement. 

He went away and paid everyone he had to again. 

Horrible thought just flashed through my mind-It's going to be Reigns v Cody v Brock at Saudi isn't it?😐

Repeating what others are saying but how insane is it that Saturday felt like cloud number 9 and now just 48 hours later we are all mega depressed at the thought of where the company is going.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Horrible thought just flashed through my mind-It's going to be Reigns v Cody v Brock at Saudi isn't it?😐

Repeating what others are saying but how insane is it that Saturday felt like cloud number 9 and now just 48 hours later we are all mega depressed at the thought of where the company is going.

I don’t think Cody will fight Roman again before Mania. Brock v Cody is far more likely.

11 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Why would they? If Vince McMahon has indeed hijacked creative, that's something no one could have predicted - there was every reason to give Triple H benefit of the doubt. However, either way, one night is not enough to make a judgement on. It's not just about what happens with Cody, it's about what they do with Reigns next. 

On the whole, I didn't think it was a disaster of a show, but I'm definitely concerned at the prospect of greater McMahon involvement. He's a sex-pest going through a late-life crisis. Forget the creative process for a second, the guy shouldn't be allowed near female employees, never mind their storylines. I hope the journalists who were working on exposes revisit their work, and take the fucker out once and for all. Wealth and power shouldn't be a disqualifying factor when it comes to consequences. 

having Cody lose is the most triple H reign of terror booking going so it’s not obviously been a Vince call. Before he started getting gobbled for booking takeovers everyone would have blamed hunter for it. And Vince was at gorilla for most of those so clearly had an input there as well. 

These stories about Vince aren’t new. There has always been rumours and shoot stories told about him. He’s not going anywhere as it’s “only wrestling” and mainstream doesn’t give a fuck. His story isn’t gonna get the clicks that proper celebrities get so no one’s gonna pursue it. Money pays off everything in America, been clear to me since Michael Jackson was in plain sight doing things he shouldn’t with kids and paying them off while still being revered by the world. You have two options with wwe, stop watching or keep doing what you have been doing for years and watching a Show run by a wrong un. Most of the audience for most entertainment turn a blind eye to do the latter so don’t knock yourself too hard if you do. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Most of the time it is. Vince has steered through plenty of scandals over the years, and he will do again. 

"Don't spend time writing that article about the allegations, look over here and write 50 news articles on me daft moustache!"

• Paid Members

Supposedly Vince used the exact, "in the weeds," phrasing when he brought Bischoff and Heyman in.

I'd be very worried if I was Hunter. Not only has he almost certainly lost all his control, but if something goes wrong, or ratings drop, and Vince needs a scapegoat? Terra Ryzing is ALL ELITE.

That Night 1 show will exist as a small glimpse of what WWE could be, but likely won't ever be again until Vince dies at 237.

21 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Most of the time it is. Vince has steered through plenty of scandals over the years, and he will do again. 

You're right - but he's back in the spotlight again; so if there's something that can be reported, I'd hope that it wouldn't go ignored. Unwarranted optimism perhaps, but he was persuaded to step down once before, so there are presumably things which haven't yet reached the public sphere. You would think in this set-up, should shit hit the fan, he would not be bulletproof. 

22 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Who predicted Vince stepping down, then eventually coming back but not to run things, to then taking back control of everything so a sale goes through.

In conjunction with Wrestlemania. There was no reason to think that this was imminent. You might think this is some form of vindication for you criticising people who enjoyed Wrestlemania, but it really isn't. 

16 minutes ago, Louch said:

having Cody lose is the most triple H reign of terror booking going so it’s not obviously been a Vince call. Before he started getting gobbled for booking takeovers everyone would have blamed hunter for it. And Vince was at gorilla for most of those so clearly had an input there as well. 

I don't think it matters whose call it was - I just don't think having Cody lose was necessarily a bad call. It may end up being looked back at as a bad decision, but at this point it's too early to say. Roman Reigns has been, for some time, the most compelling thing on WWE programming - and it's not hard to make a case for him having the most compelling story arc in all of wrestling. I can understand why WWE might want to keep that going. 

22 minutes ago, Louch said:

These stories about Vince aren’t new. There has always been rumours and shoot stories told about him. He’s not going anywhere as it’s “only wrestling” and mainstream doesn’t give a fuck. His story isn’t gonna get the clicks that proper celebrities get so no one’s gonna pursue it.

I'm not sure that's true. There's definitely "clicks" in wrestling. I think we've all been gaslit into thinking McMahon is untouchable - and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Much like Boris Johnson having the "ability to bounce back no matter what he does", it becomes true because everyone says that it is. Today, "the untouchable" Donald Trump will be making a court appearance. I'm choosing - perhaps naively - to remain optimistic that McMahon's day will come.