The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

You can’t blame them for slapping the Hell in a Cell gimmick on Edge vs. Finn. That was destined to be this year’s AJ Styles vs. Nakamura or Edge vs. AJ Styles. The annual workrate-match-that-underdelivers-to-silence.

Looking forward to Finn spending three hours putting on the Demon makeup, only to wrestle exactly the same as he does without it.

In my rush to make a pithy joke about Cody’s thesaurus, I forgot to mention the best part about that promo; the line about ‘I don’t wear a suit because I think I am somebody, I wear one because I want to be’ is so good it beggars belief this company is capable of such highs, when they often deliver such lows.

Cody has weird, unrelatable traits - but by repackaging those as things he does because he’s always thought that’s what he has to do to get ahead in life? That’s incredibly relatable.

The fact they ‘get’ his character so much, and are letting him deliver it in such an authentic way, is what’s making this run work.

I know there’s psychopaths amongst you (hi, @Supremo) who are starting to want Roman to retain, but forget all that noise. I’m on the Cody-express. Choo choo.

5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

The other thing is that I don't think they've ever done a real angle at the Hall of Fame ceremony itself before, and maybe this is the year - Rey keeps ducking the match, until Dominik and Rhea disrupt his induction. 

Based on what I've seen on twitter, people being mad when they do an angle at the HOF acting like it's the sacred thing you can't do angles at is going to be very funny. 

7 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

A Hell in a Cell a 'Mania is the exact kind of last minute gimmick bollocks any eight hour slog needs.

I’m not a huge fan of the feud, but hasn’t this gimmick match between the two, at Mania, been spoke about for a while now?

Doesn’t seem very last minute.

9 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

It's not like NXT is full of people ready to be called up. Maybe the chequebook comes out and we see a good old fashioned talent raid on AEW. 

Jay White could easily slot into the top heel spot whilst Roman takes a break(if he loses of course) 

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Jay White could easily slot into the top heel spot whilst Roman takes a break(if he loses of course) 

Jay White's not ready for that spot in WWE, come on. They'd need to at least give him time to prove he's not another good in Japan loser before they even considered it.

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Jay Shite is an ok wrestler but I've always found him dull as ditchwater personality wise. If he comes in he is NXT bound for sure. 

Jay White absolutely has something to offer - and this comes from someone who couldn't watch him for a while when he was first overpushed in New Japan. But he grew in the role and definitely had something about him by the end.

BUT to suggest he could just slot into a role replacing Roman as the top heel is insane. Poor bloke wouldn't stand a chance.

On 3/14/2023 at 6:41 PM, Matthew said:

I’m not a huge fan of the feud, but hasn’t this gimmick match between the two, at Mania, been spoke about for a while now?

Doesn’t seem very last minute.

I'm not sure if it was rumoured, but it wasn't spoken about on air up until this week. There are still a few weeks to go until Wrestlemania, so I still agree with your point that it's not particularly last minute. I also agree with your suggestion that the feud hasn't been up to much.