The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

The one that is interesting to me is that while Nick Khan is a conniving shit and Ari has the morals of a sociopath, they are rich people in LA for a reason. 

Nick must see Vince changing things and going "why is he doing this" and while Triple H's show was boring aside from the Mysterio's/Bloodline vs SamiKo and Gunther, you can see that there was great growth in ratings. Then Vince comes back and does Vince things. 

How long until Ari and Nick go ask Vince to fuck off? 

Hopefully it's in the water for AEW to have a banger summer. It doesn't necessarily have to be that way, but they always seem to thrive when the shine is off WWE. Especially when they just knuckle down and produce consistently logical, byte size weekly telly. 

• Paid Members

Felt more like an epilogue rather than a new beginning or a season opener as such. Riddle being the only big return/surprise looking he's about to go for a dip at his local leisure centre was a crushing blow in particular. 

I'm trying to look at the show objectively and not through the lens of 'it's shit because Vince is back in creative' or 'it's great because HHH is still in charge of creative' - 

Cody challenging Reigns immediately to a rematch felt like an inspired call at the time to kick it off. I didn't buy Brock turning on Cody until literally towards the end of the show (I looked at how long the show had left on the timer and knew they didn't have long). First, Cody's position is absolutely cemented as the company's number one babyface now. He'll have to overcome more adversity between now and when he hopefully, finally gets the straps, so we'll have to get used to more exchanges such as this. But even if 'Mania feels like a missed opportunity to some, I still have the faith and belief that he'll get his moment. Once time passes from Wrestlemania, people won't be talking about how big the pop could have been, or that they previously missed the boat. When it happens - and I genuinely still believe it will - it's going to be biblical and the outpouring of love for him will be seismic. In a way, maybe it's better to save that for a time when the focus and reaction can purely be about him and not record Wrestlemania numbers, sales/mergers, etc. 

With Brock, I think happy-go-lucky-cowboy Brock has reached his sell-by date, so vicious wrecking machine heel Brock coming back is fine with me. That'll do nicely as a main event in Puerto Rico. For fuck's sake give Cody the W there though - can't put the poor cunt through two nights not like that and not give him something to crow about at the next big event...can they?*

I like Bad Bunny so I didn't mind the business they did there - it elevates Priest too who's been more of a background player while the other JD members have been doing their bits and bobs.  

Having Street Profits immediately succumb to the tag champs just as they'd built up their momentum again over the weekend feels like a shame but I think now we need to begin the storyline around the split, which I think we're all ready to embark on. Ford taking the fall I think could add further fuel to the fire. 

Pencil in Rhea vs Bianca now for Wrestlemania 40. Should be one of the first matches locked in. 

Lots of pointless segments on this Raw - Rollins' getting serenaded with nothing to advance towards, the Lashley business, Omos battering Elias who has nothing to crow about by this point and may as well ask for his release. Just lots of tat. Vince-inspired or not. 

Overall, Raw is always a challenging watch even when things are going well. I'm sticking with it as I'm still enjoying the majority of the product. It doesn't mean I have an anti-AEW bias, it doesn't mean I'm blind to Vince being back in charge all of a sudden, it doesn't mean there aren't problems. But at the risk of going all Scottish Siren, I KNOW MY SELF WORTH AND VALUE AS A WWE FAN AND JUST LIKE CODY I'M UNDENIABLE OK. 

*They can. They probably will. Actually they definitely will.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

It may end up being looked back at as a bad decision, but at this point it's too early to say. Roman Reigns has been, for some time, the most compelling thing on WWE programming - and it's not hard to make a case for him having the most compelling story arc in all of wrestling

Completely agree. At the weekend after one bizarre decision we were too quick to judge but now that RAW was a mess it's fine to judge after one night. Wrestling fans eh? 

I think the next few weeks will be a drop off in quality and it'll be chaotic as other things will be happening as the finer, practical points of the deal are worked out so I'm still going to give it some time and I think that is only fair after 1) months of decent booking and 2) a radical structural change to the company. 

Vince will be offskii within 12-18 months either through choice, being ousted or the reaper. 

7 minutes ago, CL Punk said:

I watched Hunter's "we ain't going nowhere" promo and two things occurred to me; 1. It was better ten years ago when Leo said it in The Wolf of Wall Street and 2. I saw Hunter being future endeavoured in my head as soon as he said it.

I said that to my Mrs. The whole thing had goodbye vibes for him 

1 hour ago, Tsurutagun said:

They're the couple of grifters playing nice with OAPS until they get the power of attorney. Then raid the pension, sell the house, and off to the old folks home. 

Basically they'll place nice until the deal is official and contractual obligations are completed. 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

How messed would it be if HHH leaves; him and Stephanie at home out the company whilst Vince runs it (to the ground), even for a egotistical nutcase like Vince he must surely realize how he's essentially giving up the company when he dies.

With the fat bonus about to enter Vince's account having pulled off a mega deal, I don't think he'll be massively bothered. Future generations of McMahons will always be part of WWE in some form or fashion even if its just cameo appearances or token background exec roles. 

2 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

They're the couple of grifters playing nice with OAPS until they get the power of attorney. Then raid the pension, sell the house, and off to the old folks home. 

Basically they'll place nice until the deal is official and contractual obligations are completed. 

That makes sense. Even then I think Vince will be quite happy to spend his retirement counting his fat wad, job done. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

Nick must see Vince changing things and going "why is he doing this" and while Triple H's show was boring aside from the Mysterio's/Bloodline vs SamiKo and Gunther, you can see that there was great growth in ratings. Then Vince comes back and does Vince things. 

Nick Khan probably doesn't even watch the shows. He's there to make the business (and therefore himself) as much money as possible via any means necessary. An advert for a tax returns company immediately before the Wrestlemania main event and Rey Mysterio shaking hands with a corporate mascot on the way to fighting his own child is his handiwork and all he cares about, he probably doesn't even know who Sami Zayn is. 

31 minutes ago, 2Xtreme_lives said:

I said that to my Mrs. The whole thing had goodbye vibes for him 

Definitely. “We ain’t going nowhere” isn’t the same as “I ain’t going nowhere”. Triple H looked like he was taking it all in more so than usual and seemed to be thanking a lot of people.

28 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Nick Khan probably doesn't even watch the shows. He's there to make the business (and therefore himself) as much money as possible via any means necessary. An advert for a tax returns company immediately before the Wrestlemania main event and Rey Mysterio shaking hands with a corporate mascot on the way to fighting his own child is his handiwork and all he cares about, he probably doesn't even know who Sami Zayn is. 

Nick Khan doesn’t deserve Wrestling 

9 minutes ago, Version1.0 said:

This weeks episode of Raw is the 3rd LOWEST RATED SHOW EVER on Cagematch.net

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&view=statistics&page=2

Only Heroes of Wrestling and a 2010 nXt with 0 matches are lower.

Oh behave!* Old Man Yells At Cloud as I may sound, they don’t realise how good they’ve got it. Was it a great show? No. Was it even an average show? Probably not, but Theory v Rey was decent as was Street Profits v KO & Zayn. 
Yeah, they got screwed with the promise of a tag match that even Stevie Wonder could see wasn’t going to happen, but we’ve presumably got Cody v Brock on the horizon now, that’s massive

*Not you, the reviewers

Edited by WyattSheepMask