The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

Raw pissed me off. The idea of Lesnar and Rhodes being mates was interesting. Instead it was a pointless fucking swerve which makes no sense as Lesnar can’t ever get a title shot against Reigns again.

And I said the same as this on another forum tonight, what is wrestlings problem with people just being mates??when they are like RKBro and Alexa and Nikki Cross or Daniel Bryan and Kane it gets Buku Over.

6 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

The only barely conceivable reason I can think of is Heyman is colluding with Brock, and seeing how close Cody came to beating Roman and the Usos losing the tag belts, he sees a sinking ship and is trying to get off it. Maybe he did know Brock was there, maybe he offered to rescind the "no title matches" stipulation in favour for taking Cody out the picture. Maybe it was just for whatever reason though more than likely.

There could also be something along the lines of him being annoyed at Cody for not winning the title which means he still has to stay out of the title picture due to the stipulation.

I must admit it wasn't the most epic of RAW after Wrestlemania's by any means but the vitriol is a bit over the top. It's not been that exciting for a few years now.

• Paid Members
On 4/4/2023 at 6:24 AM, d-d-d-dAz said:

Brock is no one’s tag partner. That should have been red flag enough for Cody to have passed it up.

Yep - and now Cody doesn't just look like a loser, but an idiot. Flat on his back two nights in a row, after believing that Brock Lesnar would be his tag team partner and would wrestle on free TV. Could have been a made man, but now he's a gullible loser.

13 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

The only barely conceivable reason I can think of is Heyman is colluding with Brock, and seeing how close Cody came to beating Roman and the Usos losing the tag belts, he sees a sinking ship and is trying to get off it. Maybe he did know Brock was there, maybe he offered to rescind the "no title matches" stipulation in favour for taking Cody out the picture. Maybe it was just for whatever reason though more than likely.

Heyman working with Lesnar again feels like the direction, though the reality is that just gets us right back to Lesnar vs. Reigns, which aside from being done to death, also backs up what I was saying in the 'Mania thread - Reigns has beaten everyone, there's nobody left. So may as well just do this again. All with a backdrop of "a member of the Bloodline might or might not turn on Reigns", only this time it's Paul Heyman. Next time it will be Solo Sikoa. Then probably Jey Uso three or four more times. 

• Paid Members
On 4/5/2023 at 10:43 AM, BomberPat said:

Yep - and now Cody doesn't just look like a loser, but an idiot. Flat on his back two nights in a row, after believing that Brock Lesnar would be his tag team partner and would wrestle on free TV. Could have been a made man, but now he's a gullible loser.

They only need to make him look a coward then they’ve hit the trio of factors - “stupid cowardly loser” in my Randy Orton system for failing a top hero. The “Failed U Booking As Randy” method. Cody will have been FUBARd.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Description for us without a Instagram account? 

A long week. I know last Sunday was not the result I’d hoped for, and I know many fans were disappointed as well. I make no excuses. I lost. I’d be remiss if I didn’t tell you how much I enjoyed the ride…until Sunday night, and furthermore Monday night. I would like to thank @thebrandirhodes @wwe , the city of Los Angeles, Matt Rolf, @bradkolowichjr , @sgovintage , @jtcervero , HHH, The McMahon Family, Bruce, Conrad, Kevin Dunn, Ryan W Ryan C Mustache Chad Brian James Ed K, John Cone, John Cena, and @makeawishamerica for allowing me the honor to induct 15 wishes into the Circle Of Champions, and many more names I may be forgetting…in addition Nick Khan for taking care of my family through the festivities. Lastly, the almost 200k fans who attended the weekend overall…unwavering and motivating. I want to be your champion. This Monday I hope to speak about my future with WWE and what may be next for me. @usanetwork

• Paid Members

It encapsulates why I still have hope for his eventual title win - even if he hams himself up a bit and comes across as cringeworthy to some, I believe every word the prick says. He's got this authenticity about him, how he carries himself and his overall story that make me desperately want to root for him regardless of what happens to him. If anything - and this bit is a dangerous game to play as it could still backfire - the way he's been booked makes we want to see him triumph and get his flowers even more. I think that's actually what they're banking on, again though it's such a risk because if you put it off for too long then people might lose interest. 

The difference between him and Roman is that Roman, a heel, is being rammed down our throats as the top dog. This actually benefits Cody massively - it means that all the hate and vitriol is directed in the direction of Roman and the creative direction. If he keeps his nose clean, I still think it can work and the pop he gets when he does finally win the strap will be just as orgasmic as we all hope it will be. 

• Paid Members

Double-post wanker but here's what's on tap for tonight - 

Cody addressing Mania/Raw last week - give 'em hell, Codylicious. 

Priest addressing Bad Bunny - give 'em hell, Damo. 

Riddle vs Miz - I hope it's quick. 

Women's tag titles - As above, hope it's quick. Pretty low hopes for this in all honesty. 

Cody's promo is probably the only thing that really whets my appetite from the line-up in all honesty, but hopefully there's more to come from bits not yet announced. 

• Paid Members

👍 EVIL TRISH?!?!?! 😍😍😍💦💦💦 Erectus Maximus. 

👍 Cody promo - Great stuff, seamless transition from the Roman stuff and onto the business with Brock. And wouldn’t you know it, he’s still over like rover and absolutely beloved. He’s such a captivating bastard. There’s no way this story is finished and the more promos and moments we get like this along the way, the merrier. He could really, really do with getting the W at Backlash and it would be a big moment if he did - the perfect shot in the arm to keep him perfectly poised in the main event scene as the top babyface. He’s not going to drop off into the wilderness just yet. 

👍 Solo/KO - Great main with a simple yet effective story based around the psychology of Solo targeting KO’s ankle. Solo didn’t look out of place in this TV main event at all - he’s going to have an absolutely massive year I think. KO’s just so easy to get behind as a babyface. Lovely stuff. 

👍 Finn/Rey - Proper tidy opener. Mad when you consider how long Rey has been doing this for and how often he’s been wrestling of late, and considering Finn’s had his head split open and he’s had calf issues. Rey in particular is operating at such a bloody good level at the moment. Who would have thought that would happen at this stage of his career? Top marks for this. What a contrast from Otis/Elias opening last week!

👍 Usos/Alpha Academy - A lovely little ripper, this one. Gable is just something else isn’t he? A proper, proper athlete. 

👍 Women’s triple threat - Didn’t outstay its welcome and a great showcase for Io Sky - that’s going to be a cracker against Bel Air. Sews the seeds nicely for the group dissension too. 

👎 Women’s tag titles - I initially went with a thumbs up for this on the basis that it was much, much better than I’d originally anticipated and they definitely had the crowd on side. However, quite a few timing issues really took the sting out of it for me, and when you compare it to the rest of the show it’s just not up to the same standard. Trish will cop a lot of flak for communication issues. That said, RR/Morgan have good chemistry and they deserve a crack at the straps (even if I think Morgan is one of WWE’s most annoying personalities). Also Trish vs Becky will be interesting. Heel Trish though. Deary me. 

👎 Bobby/Bronson - Again, bit of a subjective one. I’m normally all for big meaty men slapping meat, to me though this one didn’t really bang as much as I’d hoped and some of the execution was quite clunky, especially in comparison to two beefcakes like Solo and KO (albeit less girthy). However, I actually didn’t mind the double countout finish and the big pull apart at the end - if anything that was more exciting than the match itself. I’m up for a rematch where hopefully they can iron out some of the kinks. Can’t wait for Bronson to splash Big Bobbo with the tsunami. 

👎 I love this Dom run but let’s be brutally honest, his promo ability was exposed here. He ballsed up his first line and his delivery is a touch wooden. He’s a great little shitbag heel - perhaps just needs some more mic work when doing promos on his Todd - he’s usually better bouncing off of his JD compadres. 

👎 Watched this live because my sleeping pattern is all over the shop. It’s such a fucking chore especially watching a US feed. Now I’m just hungry from watching all the fast food ads. I like the look of that $20 a month office chair someone’s flogging though. Too long. 

Overall - A welcome return to form for Raw. Didn’t have much that will live too long in the memory but definitely a massive step in the right direction, glad they had to bin Riddle vs Miz as well!

Edited by Fatty Facesitter