The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

With Brock, I think happy-go-lucky-cowboy Brock has reached his sell-by date, so vicious wrecking machine heel Brock coming back is fine with me.

Hope we get vicious heel cowboy Brock doing his own promos and acting crazy like he has been as a face, not silent killer MMA brock.

Brock is my fave and the feud I wanted to see most is Cody v Brock so I'm not upset. Admittedly I thought it would be for Cody's title in a few months but its certainly gonna keep cody busy and at the top of the card.

Wonder if we'll get any kind of satisfactory reason as to why Brock attacked him.

• Paid Members

I feel like they already highlighted it last night, they mentioned Brock opened Mania and Cody closed it.

WWE Brock is about making money and beating people up. Cody's come into his company where he's been top or second top dog for years and just waltzed into his position where he then has to open the night. In a kayfabe sense it's less money, he's less influential.

Coming out and killing Cody so that Reigns has to step up to him but instead it's Rhodes continuing to fight back like he's done since he arrived, perfect few months of two doing what they do best, Cody in peril, Brock a raving lunatic.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Oh behave!* Old Man Yells At Cloud as I may sound, they don’t realise how good they’ve got it. Was it a great show? No. Was it even an average show?

Lots of the griping appears to be about the fact there was so little wrestling on the show, like people haven't watched enough (mostly good to great) wrestling matches over the last few days.

That and the expectaton that #RawAfterMania is always this wild ride of debuts, returns and title changes, when it actual fact it was probably only that for a span of 3 or 4 years starting a decade ago. If anything, this year's was less of a damp squib than the last 2, from what I recall.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Statto said:

Lots of the griping appears to be about the fact there was so little wrestling on the show, like people haven't watched enough (mostly good to great) wrestling matches over the last few days.

That and the expectaton that #RawAfterMania is always this wild ride of debuts, returns and title changes, when it actual fact it was probably only that for a span of 3 or 4 years starting a decade ago. If anything, this year's was less of a damp squib than the last 2, from what I recall.

It was still shit though, wasn't it? I don't think it's unreasonable of people to expect the biggest Raw of the year to be better than *that*.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Wonder if we'll get any kind of satisfactory reason as to why Brock attacked him.

The only barely conceivable reason I can think of is Heyman is colluding with Brock, and seeing how close Cody came to beating Roman and the Usos losing the tag belts, he sees a sinking ship and is trying to get off it. Maybe he did know Brock was there, maybe he offered to rescind the "no title matches" stipulation in favour for taking Cody out the picture. Maybe it was just for whatever reason though more than likely.

I’ve got to be honest, I’m slightly sceptical about Raw being shit simply because Vince is now King again. I think that’s an easy assumption to make, and gives everyone a nice get out clause, but I think the reason Raw was shit was because the end of Wrestlemania was so bad that it’s left them up a cul-de-sac with nothing but their tallywhackers in their hands.

Cody’s a loser like everyone else and he can’t get any heat back on his actual rival. They’ve fucked it.

I don’t think it’s so much “Vince booked it, it’s bad” to be fair. I think it’s that the show was being changed throughout the night meaning nobody really had a clue what they were doing or what was coming. Guys being sent out to wrestle the first match of the night and only finding out just before it having to scramble to get ready - yeah, there’s the “always bring your gear” argument but it’s just a bad environment and wrestlers don’t work to their best. A lot of the roster has been on top form because they are feeling good - by all accounts, morale went through the floor across the board with everything that was going on.