The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

It's not as prominent as it was, but they still have the "enhanced reality" graphic of the hooded druids in their entrance, the same devil wings on the tron as Edge did, the Alter Bridge music etc. And I don't think their colours being the colours most closely associated with The Undertaker (the godfather of WWE spooky) is any coincidence. I'd have ditched all that completely as soon as the Ex Con gimmick caught on.

On another note, I noticed that that wrestling Twitter seems to hate Solo, which only convinces me further how brilliant he is.

There is no leader to The Judgment Day  with the exception that Dom is below the rest of them. The other three have led at different points and I imagine they’ll continue to rotate that - it just makes sense for Priest to be more prominent right now.

I was going to say the same thing about Trish wrestling for about 15 minutes before succumbing to the roll-up - her excuse made no sense. Unsure why she couldn’t have just said she felt insulted for Becky to be raising her arm afterwards like she was the jobber who had done her best.

The Bloodline stuff itself feels a bit flat and I think it’s because nothing is really advancing week to week just now with them - there’s a slow burn with Jey being unhappy that Roman never showing up is causing to go far too slow.

I don’t get what we are meant to be seeing from KO/Zayn to be honest - is it a gimmick that they’ll never really see eye to eye on anything (hence the constant turning on each other) but are still best friends or is it building to a feud between them? It just feels really weird. Riddle is shite too.

Despite what seems fairly negative comments, it was an excellent RAW and I did enjoy all of those acts mentioned above outside Riddle.

Special mention to The Miz and Seth Rollins. I groaned when I seen this was the match on my TV screen but by the end of what would usually be background noise while I work, I was fairly invested.

Edited by FUM

5 hours ago, FUM said:

Special mention to The Miz and Seth Rollins. I groaned when I seen this was the match on my TV screen but by the end of what would usually be background noise while I work, I was fairly invested.

Really felt like both guys went out there with something to prove. Not that either man needs to. They're two of the most consistent and reliable talents on the roster.

3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Finish the story by winning the WWE Consolation Prize Championship in Saudi. Unbelievable.

I think it’s a sign they ain’t taking the Universal Championship off Roman anytime soon.

I’m a bit conflicted as the WWE clearly need a working champion. The shows feel a bit listless without one at times.

That said, the belt is a proper eyesore and it doesn’t feel a satisfactory conclusion for Cody.

Also for Roman, it takes a bit of bloom off the rose as he’s no longer the absolute undeniable King of the Mountain.

Fuck it, I’d have Roman win it. Cody can beat him for all three at Summerslam.

• Paid Members

So, are they taking one of the titles off Reigns or do they now have three titles? Or has Reigns' been amalgamated into one?

God bless this company for destroying my interest in it every single solitary time with the dumbest fucking shit imaginable.

• Paid Members

I may be in the minority, but I've actually really enjoyed the Roman model over the last year.

The championship feels WAY more important to me when it's seen occasionally and defended bi-monthly, then having it defended on TV 3 times a month against various randomers.

Less is more. And that includes number of championships.

• Paid Members

I’d have zero problem with the new title if Cody had won at Wrestlemania. The all-conquering, babyface hero announcing each show needs a champion, so opting to split the belts? Makes perfect sense. The company announcing a new belt because none of these fucking losers can beat Roman? Not so much.

Even the Roman reign itself is diluted by this. Whoever beats him now, it won’t have anywhere near the impact.

What an all-time fumble.

On the plus side, at least it’s in-keeping with Cody being a living, breathing meme.

4088E6BB-FD17-4A6B-B8F0-ADD8F05845F5.thumb.png.1edd978e72d636053cac450c1bf6f1b7.png

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Show hyped with An Important announcement from the “head of the company” that will rock the foundation of The WWE.

Announces a new belt. Tony Khan is living rent free. HHH trying to pop those rating up from last week.

image.png.f26ec5ab1a247a68f096f15461aae985.png

• Paid Members

To be fair, when I saw "Triple H has a major announcement " lined up for this show, my first instinct was that it was designed to pull focus from Khan's announcement on Wednesday likely being the return of CM Punk. Particularly as RAW was in Chicago.