The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Fond memories of Elias playing a few bars of Thunderstruck in Melbourne. Low key one of my favourite forgotten moments of the last 10 years.

43 minutes ago, pol_pot_rick said:

Wait, didn't they say the World Heavyweight Championship will go to the Brand Roman isn't drafted to... So why they fuck are SD! wrestlers in the tourney?

Yeah I totally assumed that this would be a Raw only tournament too.

Hopefully an opportunity for LA Knight to get involved though.

They've made a complete hash of this 'draft' like.

I love the idea and from 2002 - 2005 it genuinely did feel like RAW and Smackdown were completely different and I liked that. Was really hoping this new draft would go back to those days. Yet now, already we have a "RAW only Championship" that Smackdown superstars are able to challenge for? How does that work, assuming a Smackdown superstar wins they then become a RAW wrestler, it's just so stupid already. 

Now then.

I’m presuming Brock will stop Cody from continuing in the tournament at some point.

Of those, I’d probably be tempted to say Rollins v Edge or Rollins v Styles are the best final matches available as at least they’ve all got some main event aura - might help a little bit with the perception that this is an upper-mid card title.

I’d maybe even be tempted to give Edge the belt for a very short run, actually. No one’s in any danger of accusing him of being a mid-carder and you could move on fairly quickly to a Rollins rematch, or a Gunther match or whatever you want to do.

Austin Theory's inclusion is perturbing me. If he's in there while holding the US Title, it doesn't make sense for Gunther not to be included, yet he isn't even though he hasn't lost in over a year to my knowledge. However Sheamus, who he's beaten a bunch of times, is involved? It's an extra illogical element that didn't need to be there. Seems whatever rumoured issue is going on with Drew McIntyre must still be going on, judging by his exclusion.

Intrigued to see how twelve men go into one tournament also.

48 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Austin Theory's inclusion is perturbing me. If he's in there while holding the US Title, it doesn't make sense for Gunther not to be included, yet he isn't even though he hasn't lost in over a year to my knowledge. However Sheamus, who he's beaten a bunch of times, is involved? It's an extra illogical element that didn't need to be there. Seems whatever rumoured issue is going on with Drew McIntyre must still be going on, judging by his exclusion.

Intrigued to see how twelve men go into one tournament also.

It’s 4 triple threat matches, 2 on Raw, two on SD, the winners meet in the main event of each show then the last two face off for the title in Jeddah at Night of Champions