The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

So apparently 

Spoiler

Triple H wants tonight’s Raw to be a big talking point, and will feature the return of a “big time” superstar.

Most are speculating on Randy, or Big E, but surely with they highlighted “Big Time”, it’s Big Time Becks?

2 hours ago, Matthew said:

So apparently 

Reveal hidden contents

Triple H wants tonight’s Raw to be a big talking point, and will feature the return of a “big time” superstar.

Most are speculating on Randy, or Big E, but surely with they highlighted “Big Time”, it’s Big Time Becks?

Spoiler

Peter Gabriel?

• Paid Members
On 5/2/2023 at 10:27 AM, air_raid said:

The new title is lose/lose for Cody in my eyes. If he wins it, its shit as he's only won this one because he couldn't beat Roman for the REAL championship. If he's in it but doesn't win, then you've beaten Cody again, which is shit and making him a loser again.

The only way its not shit for Cody is if he decides not to be involved in the crowning because he wants to wait for his return match with Roman - which makes the new title look like shit, because the top guys in the company dont need it or dont want it.

They found a way for Cody to not shun the new title, but knock him out without beating him. Good for them.

On 5/7/2023 at 11:19 PM, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

It’s 4 triple threat matches, 2 on Raw, two on SD, the winners meet in the main event of each show then the last two face off for the title in Jeddah at Night of Champions

And the numbers spell disaster for you at Sacrifice.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Nick James said:

The piped in crowd noise during Brocks segment was ridiculous, like a constant swarm of bees. The most noticeable its been for me. 

It reminds me of the 2010 world Cup. 

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

So they reunited The Way and left out the best thing from their time in NXT. Good luck guys

P.S I wasn't the only that liked Austin Theory's time in The Way as Indi's idiot brother right? 

Oh it was definitely at its best with him in it. Easily my favourite thing Austin Theory has done so far, and comedy heel cult leader is my favourite flavour of Johnny Gargano too. 

It’s a shame just how bad that piped in noise was because Brock’s promo was great and it was such a distraction. Especially when you can see a crowd standing still, just listening and not moving their lips. Looked awful.

• Paid Members

👍 World title tournament matches - Lumping these all together. All three matches were enjoyable even if the final result perhaps felt a little too telegraphed. Seth is absolutely fitting winner though and at the risk of constantly repeating myself, he is absolutely the guy who they should be putting the strap on to begin with. His character has reached a point where he can comfortably work against heels or fellow babyfaces and retain a level of complete authenticity either way. His in-ring ability has never been in question but again, he can work with virtually anyone - large opponents, smaller opponents, celebrities, you name it. The complete package. 

👍 Cody - As @air_raid mentioned, they found a way to have him not discard the World Heavyweight title and yet not be involved in the title picture at the same time by the night's end. The booking makes total sense in that regard. I did say in my Backlash notes that I'd be happy to see them run Cody/Brock back - I wasn't quite expecting it to be so immediate, but that will be another corker to look forward to. 

👍 Trish/Becky business - Fine and dandy, love a bit of Evil Trish and Becky got one of the biggest pops of the night for her return. 

👍 Otis (Sorry, 'OhTEESE') - I'm a sucker for this angle. I was hoping the respective parties would remain on the same brand so they could carry this on into the summer. Otis is just such a loveable big oaf. Ali would actually be a great editing for MMM as a male singles start. As I've said before, I think the PositiveAli stuff will be a bit of a slow burner and take some time to catch on, but I can see them getting there with it. 

👍 KO/Sami vs Imperium - Fine and dandy. Gunther vs KO and Sami in singles action would actually be a good way to kick off Gunther's Raw tenure, and KO/Sami could potential team with Riddle again and we can get some banging six mans vs Imperium. Not a bad spot for all parties to be involved with in the interim. 

👍 Sonya/Chelsea - I quite like these two. They've got a good dynamic going on at the minute as a couple of snarky, sarcastic, shithouse disrupters and I think it's got some legs. 

👎 Brock promo - I'm surprised his promo is getting as much love as it is. To me, it felt like he was rambling and constantly repeating himself, unsure of where to get to next. Perhaps unnecessarily harsh, and I did enjoy Backlash and am totally fine with the rematch. But to me, once the beatdown was complete, the combination of his repetitive delivery and the stupid addition of crowd noise completely ruined the viewing and listening experience. Not my cup of tea, in all honesty. Heel Brock misses Paul Heyman as a mouthpiece. 

👎 Ripley/Dana/Natalya business - Not for me, Clive. Rhea gains absolutely nothing from beating up Dana, who with the greatest of respects is almost certainly going to be future endeavoured before long and has been rendered entirely heatless. Natalya is a solid hand but has the Dolph Ziggler syndrome of having been around forever and not being a viable, legitimate threat to either title. Sometimes it's better to have your dominant champion either not appear in the ring, or in some cases not at all - this didn't represent a way to build on her star aura. She's not just any performer and she now needs to be treated as such - each appearance needs to feel special and not by the numbers like this was (certainly not a reflection of work ethic - purely the booking). 

👎 Stark/Cross - I like both of them and this wasn't helped by a tame crowd, but even with the match being quote short I think still could have done with some trimming, or possibly some segments gradually building up to Stark's debut. Still, I have high hopes for her - a solid hand who will keep improving over time. 

👎 Dom Dom/Woods - Again nothing terribly wrong with this but there's already lots of god wrestling on the show and this ran slightly long for me. A good win for Dominik but the match lacked a tangible excitement factor for me. 

👎 Crowds - Piss weak tonight, a complete contrast from Puerto Rico. Also, the additional crowd noise they kept piping in actually hindered things further as opposed to improving it. Awful mixing. 

Overall - Bit of a transitional episode this week as Backlash and the excitement surrounding it were left firmly in the rear view and the new rosters began to take shape. The World title tournament matches were the main highlight - everything else you could live without seeing if you're pushed for time. It lacked the spice of recent episodes but there's at least some good developments in the pipeline. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter