The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

I don't really mind two belts if it's done well. I might be in the minority but I thought in the early days of the brand split when the likes of Triple H and JBL had their respective titles, they both held equal, distinct sway and it felt big when one of them lost it. 

It's another one for the content/history of wrestling fatigue though. Which I guess is unavoidable. You can name the first few ladder matches, first few Hell in a Cell matches, first few times the belts split and merged maybe. I'm completely lost now. Maybe it's a generational thing, but I'd be honestly shocked if people in their early twenties now are like trivia pros at those endless, blurred together 2010s years. 

Still, Triple H is a massive fan of the big gold belt and it's already an improvement on the name 'universal champion'.

• Paid Members

It's a hideous belt. Why couldn't they just use the big hold belt? That logo in the middle spoils it. They could have stuck the logo on the side plates. 

Cody will win it and cut one of those promos where he's on the brink of tears and his voice is breaking talking about how his dad held that title, and he'll do everything he can to elevate it to the highest of heights before defending it week in week out in 30 minute forced epic matches against the likes of Baron Corbin, Madcap Moss and Rick Boogs. 

6 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It's a hideous belt. Why couldn't they just use the big hold belt? That logo in the middle spoils it. They could have stuck the logo on the side plates.

Isn't the big gold belt public domain? That may be why. They don't want knock-offs eating into their replica belt money.

14 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

It's a hideous belt. Why couldn't they just use the big hold belt? 

People already own big gold, no one owns this. It’s a making Money tool

What was odd was how much HHH was running down Reigns in his speech.  It felt like there was an actual effort to diminish the value of Reigns’ title. 

In kayfabe if I was Reigns I’d be absolutely livid that I was effectively being stripped of the Undisputed, and World Heavyweight parts of my title without lacing up a boot.  Surely he’ll be coming for this title as well?

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Amazing how badly designed most of their belts have been in the past 20 years.

At least. It's been 25 since they debuted the Intercontinental title weightlifting belt.

7 minutes ago, air_raid said:

At least. It's been 25 since they debuted the Intercontinental title weightlifting belt.

Annoys me that they had the sexiest belt ever as the Undisputed belt that Brock had and then made Cena's horror and its been shit ever since.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Amazing how badly designed most of their belts have been in the past 20 years.

My first thought was it's almost as bad as the AEW title for garishness but on reflection I think it's one of their better efforts of recent years. I don't mind the current version of the Intercontinental Title either but their belts have been poor for a while. 

Hopefully the first holder will be worthy enough and it'll grow on me. As with anything, we'll eventually get used to it. 

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I could see Seth taking the belt with Cody still staying on track to lose to Roman a second time. It is quite extraordinary how over Cody has remained even after being rubber chickened.

I saw the idea on Twitter earlier suggested that Cody is drafted to Raw, Roman to Smackdown and therefore Cody can't go after the WWE Title so goes after the Raw belt. Loses in the finals to Seth. Dejected, brings himself back and wins the MITB and challenges Reigns for Summerslam (because briefcase loopholes etc).

That sounds like a very WWE bit of storytelling, mostly in how convoluted it is. As such, I could see that being the route they go. 

• Paid Members

I could see a situation where Cody is accidentally left off of the draft he does a promo in the middle of the ring crying at the disrespect and says he will retire. Two masked wrestlers in black body suits show up on Raw and Smackdown separately and begin destroying the rosters week by week. In the meantime Randy Orton returns and wins the new title in Saudi Arabia. At the Rumble everyone expects just one masked man to enter, as its assumed it is the same person, and he enters at 29, destroying everyone in 1.30 minutes. He unmasks, bah gawd  it's.... Ted Dibiase Jr! He stands alone in the ring, but the countdown starts up and it's the other masked man! He unmasks as Cody! They fight but eliminate each other! A 3 way is declared for Mania, Cody v Ted v Roman. During the match, a third masked man enters and they triple pin Roman. He unmasks as... Randy Orton! They laugh in the rind together and declare themselves co-champions, to rule as Legacy Gold. 

That seems very much like typical WWE booking, and unfortunately I can't see it going any other way. Thanks Vince. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I could see a situation where Cody is accidentally left off of the draft he does a promo in the middle of the ring crying at the disrespect and says he will retire. Two masked wrestlers in black body suits show up on Raw and Smackdown separately and begin destroying the rosters week by week. In the meantime Randy Orton returns and wins the new title in Saudi Arabia. At the Rumble everyone expects just one masked man to enter, as its assumed it is the same person, and he enters at 29, destroying everyone in 1.30 minutes. He unmasks, bah gawd  it's.... Ted Dibiase Jr! He stands alone in the ring, but the countdown starts up and it's the other masked man! He unmasks as Cody! They fight but eliminate each other! A 3 way is declared for Mania, Cody v Ted v Roman. During the match, a third masked man enters and they triple pin Roman. He unmasks as... Randy Orton! They laugh in the rind together and declare themselves co-champions, to rule as Legacy Gold. 

That seems very much like typical WWE booking, and unfortunately I can't see it going any other way. Thanks Vince. 

Either this is a very odd joke I've missed the punchline on, or you're one Toblerone away from driving to Dundee without any shoes.