The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• Paid Members

Overall - Ripper of a Raw, absolutely breezed by (especially when you can skip the ads) and only a few grumbles. 

👍 STABLE WARZ - Fantastic bit of business from top to bottom with all involved - a tremendous use of a huge amount of different characters throughout the proceedings. The Bloodline are now at the point where their presence and interactions don't just benefit each other from within, but it benefits a plethora of people rubbing shoulders with them including the Judgement Day, and by proxy Rey and the LWO for their involvement in proceedings too. Solid matches and decent promos weaving together a really nice narrative for the evening, with lots still to look forward to in terms of the tag title match, the six-man at Backlash, the teases of dissension between KO and Sami, possible future interactions with JD and the Bloodline, JD vs the LWO, etc etc. Endless possibilities! As previously stated - Solo is the dog's unmentionables. 

👍 Cody goes ballistic - RollerCodester going on a rampage was great. All of his frustration and anger from Wrestlemania and the Brock backstabbing came pouring out and he refused to go down like a sucka again knowing Brock was in the building - he chose to fight fire with fire. He's still over like rover - my only hope is that they don't give Brock the W at Backlash in in instance where Cody's rage gets the better of him, as that would be a really shit cop out. 

👍 Miz/Rollins - Decent! Give Miz his flowers because this wasn't just the Seth Rollins show. I liked Miz going for the surprise attack on Rollins - nice little symmetry there after Miz twice fell victim to surprises at Wrestlemania - a good way for the heel to get on the front foot, even if it backfired eventually.  

👍 Theory/Bobby - Another solid bout and Bronson attacking at the end was a simple way to get us to the rematch with Lashley - the big splash off the top never fails to impress either. 

👍 Evil Trish - I can see why this one divides opinion, and while some of the context doesn't add up - Trish gets a pass from me because I felt like she put a ton of effort into the promo and I really liked the second half in particular. In terms of issues I had with it, first, the attack on Lita - Lita wasn't even knocked out when attacked, so it seems hard to believe Trish wouldn't have been seen committing the crime so to speak. Second, she mentioned wanting to make Becky Linch pay and disrupt her title reign...why, in that case, would Trish wrestle a competitive match and actively try to take out their opponents, rather than go straight for a beatdown, or deliberately avoid tags, etc? But the second half of the promo was much better - loved the stuff of her talking about not being a sidekick or a childhood fantasy. If they can channel more of this I think it could work really well. After all this was her first big promo in WWE for quite a long time, at least in this context, solo and with that much mic time, especially as a heel. Don't listen to the haters Evil Trish, bless you. 

👎 Brock - Sorry, but that to me seemed like a waste of a Brock appearance. Fair enough, nice coat, but imagine flying him in just to stand at the top of the ramp and effectively do nothing? It's a bit of an odd juxtaposition to have Brock go from constantly battering security guards and wrestlers for over ten years into this second run of his to all of a sudden backing down from Cody. 

👎 Bianca vs Dakota Kai - Thumbs down might be a bit harsh and there will still some good parts, but things got a bit clunky and in truth I think both ladies are capable of a much higher standard. I've seen some excellent women's matches across different promotions over the past fortnight and these two are absolutely up to standard individually. Run this back down the line and hopefully they can put on a banger. 

👎 Women's tag - Heatless and with zero venom or intensity throughout. Chelsea Green has potential but other than that, zero to crow about here. The backstage interview follow up with the champs was utter cringe. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

👎 Women's tag - Heatless and with zero venom or intensity throughout. Chelsea Green has potential but other than that, zero to crow about here. The backstage interview follow up with the champs was utter cringe. 

I see absolutely nothing at all in Rodriguez, even her back isn't impressive. Saw nothing in NXT either and the Liv hype train has died a death. Damage CTRL should have taken the belts back, if these two scrubs were just going to hold them till Ronda is cleared. 

All the Judgment Day and Bloodline stuff, just hook it straight into my veins. Same with LWO, it's great how they have taken a group of talent with great potential but going nowhere and given them this instant boost by chucking some old WCW tshirts on them.

Thought Trish was brilliant, she was always stronger heel than face imo. I don't know how long her run is going to last but I'm tuning in every week for it. Just dreading Becky's return promo where she recites some of Connor McGregor's greatest hits again.

57 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Is Damien Priest the leader of Judgement Day then? I always thought it was Finn

I think that was a hint Finn and Priest will be feuding eventually. They made a point to say Finn is a bit fucked off that they're working with Roman. Implying it wasn't his idea.

• Paid Members

I think Judgement Day right now is supposed to be one of those leaderless, all equals type stables. But the group only stopped being x30 material at the point it shifted from being a vehicle for Balor to a vehicle for Rhea.

Then, of course, Ex Con Dom happened. 

(And IMO, they should have leaned into that way more - ditch all the spooky imagery and wearing Taker's colours to show how spooky they are, and become a "street gang". Rhea can still be a goth, and the name still kinda works.)

5 minutes ago, Statto said:

I think Judgement Day right now is supposed to be one of those leaderless, all equals type stables. But the group only stopped being x30 material at the point it shifted from being a vehicle for Balor to a vehicle for Rhea.

Then, of course, Ex Con Dom happened. 

(And IMO, they should have leaned into that way more - ditch all the spooky imagery and wearing Taker's colours to show how spooky they are, and become a "street gang". Rhea can still be a goth, and the name still kinda works.)

I assumed they dropped the spooky shit. They're just heels now. Edge had the spooky stuff.